Side Gig - Karube X Male! Reader

A/N: Just have to say that I know Karube is probably about the straightest guy in the whole show but I could see him possibly dating a femboy. Also this story takes place before the whole world disappears so yeah.

Summary: Y/N works a side job to try and make some money for himself and his boyfriend Karube

WARNING: Attempted rape

*Y/N's POV*

"Y/N pick up the pace! Otherwise these booze hounds will start making their own drinks!" "Coming!"

I quickly placed the food that I was carrying down on an empty table and ran back to the bar. Something suddenly stopped me dead in my tracks.

I felt a hand that had wrapped itself around my wrist. I turned to face the guy that had grabbed me and smiled. "What can I get for you tonight sir?"

"A piece of that fine ass of yours would be more than enough~" I looked to my coworker for some sort of guidance, but all I got was a shrug.

"I-I'm sorry sir, I already have a boyfriend." The guy smirked, "And I have a girlfriend but I'm not letting it stop me. I'm Riku by the way." "I'm sorry Riku. I'm not interested. I'm perfectly happy with my boyfriend."

Riku suddenly dragged me outside to the front of the bar and forcefully kissed me. He quickly started to try and rip my clothes off.

In the heat of the moment I kicked him in his shin and ran back inside. I ran in and hid behind the bar in hopes that he would just leave me alone and go home.

But he came back in and walked straight to the bar. I stumbled back trying to move away from the counter itself where Riku was leaning and watching me.

He flicked a piece of paper at me and smiled. "It's my number. Call me anytime you need someone who can really make you feel something amazing."

I felt tears form at the corners of my eyes as Riku walked away. I brought my hand to my lips and touched them. My lips had touched another's. My body was touched by another.

I felt dirty. I wanted to cry. But not here. Not front of everyone. I retreated to the bathrooms and locked myself inside one of the stalls. I took my phone out and texted Karube.

Y/N: Can you come pick me up

Karube: Sure, where are you?

I froze. I never told Karube about this job. It was a way for me to make some extra money since we had been struggling.

Y/N: The Moonlight Bar

Karube: Why

Y/N: I'll explain when I see you. Please just come. I need you now.

Karube: Y/N, you're kinda scaring me, is everything ok?

I looked down and reread his question over and over again as tears ran down my face. I closed my phone without texting back.

As soon as I had put my phone away in my back pocket it went off causing me to jump a bit. "Hello?" "Y/N, are you hurt? Tell me that you're okay! I'm on my way right now! I'll be there in eight minutes. Just hang on."

I choked out a few words, "Please hurry." "I'm going as fast as I can baby. Just stay on the line and talk to me. Why are you upset? Who or what made you cry?"

"A guy. He..." "What did he do to ? Did he touch you?! What the fuck is his name?!"

Karube sounded beyond angry. "He tried to rape me! I'm crying because I was almost raped! I'm crying because you're not going to want me anymore!"

Karube fell silent except for his panting. "Y/N," his stern voice scared me. "Y-yes...?" "I will always love you no matter what. You make me feel so alive.

I don't even know how I got so far in life without you. You complete me. I'm outside the bar. Come out so we can go home."

"Please come inside. I think he's still here and I don't want him to see me alone." "The guy," Karube asked. I could hear him trying to contain his anger. "Yeah?" I asked. "You never told me his name..." Karube trialed off. "His name is Riku." "Hang on, okay Y/N?"

*Karube's POV*

"Okay," Y/N said. He had calmed down but his voice was still a little shaky. "I love you so much, Y/N. Never forget that." "I won't." I hung up the phone and stormed into the bar. I always hated this place.

It was unclean and full of grease bags somehow passing as humans. Not to mention they force their workers to wear objectifying outfits. I walked into the middle of the room and shouted, "Riku! Where are you?!

Show yourself to me! I'll tear this whole fucking place down if I have to!" A male with faded dyed orange hair stepped forward.

"Are you Riku," I growled toward the guy. "Yeah, but why do you fucking care?" "You tried to rape my boyfriend not too long ago, asshole." The guy snapped his fingers, "Oh, Y/N? He's so cute when he struggles. You should have seen him." I couldn't hold my anger in anymore. I ran up to Riku and punched him, hard.

He fell to the ground but I kept throwing punches. Everyone around us was cheering and yelling. "You fucking dirty scumbag! You deserve to die! You should burn in hell with the rest of your fucking bloodline!"

"Karube stop!!" I turned around and there stood Y/N. Tears were streaming down his face and his cheeks were bright red. I got up off Riku and walked over to Y/N.

"Y/N, are you doing okay?"

He pulled me into a hug and nodded. "I love you Y/N." "I love you too Karube." We both walked out of the bar. I held Y/N close to me just to make sure none of the bar creeps would try anything. I happened to glance over Y/N, who was clinging to my arm tightly.

He still had a few stray tears here and there, but it was understandable why. Once we got home we both went into our shared room to lay down and talk about the events that had unfolded only a short while ago.

I gently placed my hand on his, but he ripped his hand away from me and started to cry again. I felt my heart shatter. He must have still been pretty shaken up.

But why would he react this way? I pulled him into a gentle hug and tried to comfort him. "I'm so sorry Karube. I didn't mean to."

"Y/N stop. There's no reason for you to be sorry. It was my fault for not being there tonight to protect you." "I was just trying to make some extra money. That's the only reason I was even working at the bar."

"You don't need to work at such a disgusting place. If you need a job than you tell me and I'll get you a job at the bar where I work. If you need anything you can come to me and we will figure something out. Do you understand me?" "But-!" I quickly cut him off, "No buts Y/N. Now I'll ask again. Do you understand me?"

"Okay. I just didn't want to bother you. You know we're having money issues and I just wanted to try and help. Plus I feel bad asking you to get me a job. I thought you'd would get angry if I asked.

"And while that is sweet of you to think of how your actions would make me feel, I'm your boyfriend. And as your boyfriend, you are my responsibility and I'm yours. It's our job to look out for each other." "I know."

"I love you so fucking much. I don't know what I would do without you. I feel useless because I couldn't protect you tonight."

"I love you a lot as well Karube. I never wanted to hurt you." I sighed and ruffed Y/N's fluffy short hair, "I know you didn't and I don't blame anything that happened tonight on you."

Y/N nodded and snuggled into my chest. "Hey Karube." "What's up baby?" "Have you eaten tonight?" "No, why?"

"What?!" Y/N suddenly hopped up from bed and grabbed me by my wrist. "Come on Karube. Let's go get something to eat."

I laughed, "Okay okay. Hold your horses cutie. Let me give Chota and Arisu a call and see if they want to join us." I smiled and kissed Y/N's forehead.

End~