Party - Karube X Male! Reader

Summary: Karube is forced to go to a party and happens to run into his crush from work

*Karube's POV*

I couldn't believe that I had agreed to this. I just wanted to go up to my room. I didn't want to be here.

I guess I kind of didn't have a choice, given that it was Chota's turn to pick where we hung out. I sighed as I sat down at the table that Chota had claimed for us.

I glanced over to the dance floor where a bunch of drunk idiots were going to town with their crappy dance moves.

I pulled out my phone and glanced at the time. Ten twenty pm. Everyone usually wines down around one or two in the morning. I couldn't really slip away until Chota and Arisu were ready to leave.

I let out a soft sigh as I rested my head on the table. I guess Arisu took notice because he quickly scooted his chair so that it was next to mine.

"Why aren't you out there dancing? You're good at that sort of thing." "Not in the mood."

He eyed me suspiciously, "What's on your mind, Karube?" I heavily sighed. "I don't know. It's just...I'm always so busy.

I barely get anytime for myself. I have no time to try and find that one person who was meant for me.

What if I die alone? I don't want to, but what if I do?!" Arisu just laughed at me as he patted my back.

"That's the alcohol talking. Relax. You're not going to die alone. I won't let you. Plus you're popular when it comes to people. You'll find that special someone one day. You just have to be patient." I groaned.

"I don't want to be patient. I want someone now. I'm done with spending nights alone in my apartment browsing the internet and eating my emotions away.

I want someone who will cuddle with me and cheer me up when I'm having a rough day. I want someone who will cherish me and I want someone who I can cherish."

"What about that new bartender at your work that you've been talking about non-stop for the last week? I forgot his name."

I shot up from the table and stared at my friend. "Y/N?!" He snapped his fingers at me.

"Yeah! Why don't you try asking him out?" "I can't do that! He's way out of my league.

I'm sure he doesn't even know who I am since I'm not the one training him. I've never talked to him before." Arisu smiled, "That's how you know it's true love or whatever."

I just sighed, "There's no such thing." I sat back down and fiddled with the plastic flowers that were on the table as I thought about Y/N.

God Y/N. He was so handsome. His hair looked so soft. His laugh was the cutest thing I'd ever heard.

He was everything I wanted in a partner. I could just tell that he would give me the best cuddles and kisses out of everyone in the world.

I wanted to be his and I wanted him to be mine. But like I stated before, he's out of my league.

I looked back over to Arisu, but he had disappeared. Probably went to go get something to drink.

My eyes traveled around the room once again, until they fell on Y/N. The hell was he doing here? He was in the middle of the dance floor. He was actually a really good dancer.

Suddenly a random guy appeared next to him. He tapped on Y/N's shoulder the pulled him aside. I lost them after that. They were out of my line of sight.

I felt my heart start to pick up in pace. I felt upset. This guy was trying to take Y/N away. He only wanted to get into his pants or something gross like that.

Do men really stoop that low? I don't know and frankly, I don't care. Just as I was about to get up from my seat someone sat down next to me.

I looked up from the table only to see that it was Y/N. I gave him a nervous smile. "Hi." He just smiled back at me. "Hey, you're Karube right? We work at the same bar."

I could feel my whole body shaking. "Yeah we do. But I don't think we've ever talked before. My full name is Karube Daikichi." "Well, it's nice to meet you Karube. I'm Y/N."

"I know. I've been watching you for awhile, Y/N." He tilted his head to the right slightly. "You have?"

I gently placed my hand on Y/N's cheek and leaned in closer. "Yeah, I have. I think I might like you. A lot."

Before Y/N could respond, I kissed him. Soon enough, he kissed back. Our lips moved with each other and the longer we kissed, the hotter it started to get.

Y/N sat down on my lap as he continued to kiss me. When we finally broke apart, we took notice of everyone who was staring at us.

I looked over at Y/N, who was blushing like crazy. I lifted his chin up so that he was looking at me again. "That was really hot."

Y/N jumped off my lap and ran out without saying a single word. I and everyone else were just left staring at the door.

I wanted to run after him, but my legs wouldn't listen. I was left there that, heartbroken.

*Time skip*

It had been a week since that terrible party. A week since the night where I embarrassed the guy I was in love with.

I felt horrible. I hated myself. I forced myself on him and he ran. He has been avoiding me at work ever since.

Whenever I see him cleaning or making drinks I'd try and talk to him, but he just pretends that I'm not there.

I didn't blame him for disliking me. I was stupid to force myself on him like that.

Suddenly a loud knock on my door interrupted my thoughts. I pulled myself off my couch and answered the door.

"Hey Karube." It was Y/N. "Hey." "Can I come in? I have to talk to you about something."

I just hummed a yes and he walked in. Y/N sat down on the couch and I sat down next to him. "Look, Karube.

I'm really sorry about running out on you at the party last week. I was just really nervous and I didn't know how to react when all those people were staring at us."

"It's okay. If anything it's my fault. I shouldn't have done that. I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to embarrass you.

You deserve better than that. You deserve better than me." Y/N gave me a confused look.

"What are you talking about? I want you. I want to be with you. I like you.

I've had a crush on you since I started working at the bar." ""Really? You're not joking?"

Y/N didn't give me an answer that contained words. All he did was pull me into a kiss.

But, this kiss held more words than the human language was able to produce. That was enough of an answer for me.

End~