Love Doesn't Exist - Chishiya X Male! Reader

A/N: I guess this is going to be a Normal World AU where Chishiya is a powerful CEO

Summary: Chishiya doesn't believe that love is a real thing, but his assistant is determined to prove him wrong.

*Chishiya's POV*

Heartbreak was a part of my daily life. That was the price you pay when you're a powerful and rich individual. I couldn't get attached to anyone for long amounts of time.

I had been stabbed in the back enough times. Women and men used me for my money, but I didn't care all that much. I got what I needed from them and they got what they wanted from me. There really was no such thing as being in love. It was all just a myth. I didn't believe it existed.

"Mr. Shuntaro, is everything okay?" I snapped out of my thoughts and came back to reality. I glanced over at my new assistant. "Y/N, can I ask you a question?" "Of course sir!"

I sighed, "What does "love" mean to you?" He thought for a second, "Love, to me, is something I feel for someone. It makes me want to spend the rest of my life with them." "Are you "in love" now?" I pressed him further.

He nodded. "Yes sir. I think I am." "Do you think they "love" you back?" Y/N's eyes quickly shifted from me to the floor. "No, Mr. Shuntaro. I don't think he does. He doesn't believe in love, just like you." I stifled a laugh as I turned my chair away from Y/N. "He's a smart man then."

"What about you, Mr. Shuntaro. Have you ever been in love?" I scoffed. "Of course not. Love is nothing but a lie. Anyone who believes that we're supposed to fall for a complete stranger in a matter of month is stupid." Y/N sighed. "I kind of understand where you're coming from sir."

I turned back to Y/N. "Are you agreeing with me because you're just trying to kiss my ass or are you actually serious?" His face suddenly became flushed.

"No Mr. Shuntaro! I'm not trying to kiss your ass. Oh my god, I'm so sorry! That sounded wrong!" "Y/N calm down." Y/N bowed to me. "I'm so sorry sir."

I sighed as I got up from my chair and walked over to Y/N. He quickly turned his head away from me once I was in front of him. "Y/N, are you in love with me?" I could the question caught him off guard. "What? No! Of course not! What makes you think that?"

"The fact of how flustered you are now. The way you reacted to the "kissing my ass" comment. You aren't the best at hiding your feelings."

I placed my hand on his cheek forcing him to look at me. "So spill." I could feel Y/N shaking under my touch. "Yes Mr. Shuntaro, I am in love with you! Please give me a chance!"

I removed my hand from his cheek. "No Y/N. I told you already. You of all people should know. You'd just be wasting both our time."

"That's not the real reason why you're pushing me away." "Just leave Y/N." "Not until you tell me the truth." I looked Y/N dead in the eye. "Because I don't want to hurt you. There I said it. Are you happy? Now get out of my office before I fire you."

Y/N turned and ran out of my office as I slumped back against the desk. What did I just do? Why do I suddenly feel sick to my stomach?

A part of me wanted to run after Y/N. I wanted to say that I was sorry. I wanted to say that I was sorry. I wanted to hold him tightly. But why? What makes him any different from any of the other people I've used?

Was it the way he tensed up when I was close to him? Was it the way he hung off every single word that came out of my mouth?

I slowly walked over to the mini bar and poured myself a drink. I took a small sip of my whiskey as I sat back down to finish the rest of my paperwork for the night.

*Time skip*

I was finally home. But, I still had Y/N in my head. I sat down on the couch and called Y/N. "Hello?" "Y/N, it's me."

"Oh. Good evening Mr. Shuntaro." "Please just call me Chishiya." "O-okay." "I just wanted to say that I was sorry for losing my temper with you earlier.:

"There's really no need for apologies." I shook my head. "Nonsense. It wasn't right for me to lose my temper with my assistant." "Thank you Chishiya. It's really sweet of you to do that."

I sighed. "Do you possibly want to go out to dinner tonight?" "Sure! If you don't mind my company." Y/N seemed surprised. "Okay, I'll pick you up at eight PM." I could practically hear Y/N's smile through the phone. "Can't wait. Thank you again, Chishiya."

As soon as I hung up the phone I threw my glass against the wall causing it to shatter on impact. "How the fuck did I even do that?!" I've never felt so alive.

My heart was racing, my hands were shaking, and I felt a little light headed. Is this what real love felt like? This was all so new.

It felt amazing, yet it hurt a bit. I wish Y/N was here now to experience all these new feelings with me.

*Another time skip because I'm lazy*

Y/N and I were sitting across from each other in utter silence. I slowly reached out to his hand and took it into my own. He looked at me as if confused by my action.

"What's gotten into you, Chishiya?" "What do you mean?" Y/N looked at my hand then back at me. "I mean, what happened to the whole "I don't want to hurt you" deal?"

"I was wrong. You're different. Please, I want to be with you. Teach me what it feels like to be truly loved. Make me believe that love does actually exist."

Y/N smiled. "Okay okay. Cool your jets. First off, keep it down. We're in public. Secondly, fine. I'll try my best to teach you. But we need to set down a few ground rules."

I gently placed my lips on Y/N's and smiled "Yes, of course. Whatever you want. Your wish is my command."

End~