Late Night Phone Call (New Years Eve Kiss Part 2)

Sylvie's pov 

I finished cleaning up the kitchen and went to check on my mom. "hey mom you need anything before I head up to bed?" I ask her as I walk into her room. "no I'm all set thank you sweetheart" she says to me. "Alright call out if you need anything" I says "will do good night sweetheart" she says as I give her a kiss goodnight. I make my way up the stairs and get ready for bed. I was exhausted from the day, physically and emotionally. I hop in the shower and let the hot water wash the day away. I couldn't wait to crawl in bed. The instant my head hit the pillow I thought I'd fall asleep. But I was so wrong. I got a a couple hours of sleep here and there but mainly I tossed and turned in my bed. I couldn't sleep no matter what I tried. It was useless. I turn over and see that the clock read 3:25am urg I just wanna sleep. I grab my phone off the nightstand, grab my warm heavy blanket and head downstairs, outside to the porch swing. The cool air is refreshing. I start to scroll through my contacts. I land on Matt's name and hesitate on clicking it. It's way to late to call. He's probably in bed. I know he said I could call anytime day or night. I just don't wanna wake him. But I want to hear his voice. I need to hear his voice. With shaking hands I click on his name. I hear the phone ring multiple times as I settle into the porch swing. "Hey" Casey says with a tired voice. "Hey, Sorry did I wake you?" I ask him with a slightly nervous voice. "no not at all I'm just sitting here doing paperwork. Everything okay with you?" he asks me "just can't sleep. It was a rough day." I say on the verge of tears. "Tell me all about it." He says as he puts his pen down. "nah you have paperwork. I just needed to hear your voice. Go back to I'll call you later." I say sadly. "Paperwork can wait I'm all yours." He says as he walks to his bunk and gets comfortable or as comfortable as he can get. "you sure" I ask "positive. Work can wait." he says. There was a slight pause of silence. "Sylvie you there." He asks me " uh huh sorry. Long day." I say. "So how are your folk's doing?" Casey asks me. "Not great. Dad landed back in the hospital with an infection yesterday and is having trouble breathing." I say sadly. "do they know what's causing it." He asks me. "They think there might be a tiny puncture in his lung. But they aren't totally sure so they are running more tests in the morning." I say starting to cry. "Hey everything is going to be okay. If your anything like your dad which I believe you are then your dad is a fighter. He will make it. Look at how far he's come. One little set back won't stop him." He says "you always know what to say. Thanks that." I say "no problem. So you gonna go to the hospital to see your dad?" Casey asks me. "Mom wants me to go but I don't know if I will. I'd just be sitting in and empty room waiting for him. And I wouldn't do well. I'll probably go when's he's all done." I say trying my hardest not to cry again. "Speaking of your mom how's she doing?" Casey asks me. "She's doing okay. Legs healing up. She's still in a lot of pain thorough out the rest of her body. The impact was a hard one. Thanks for asking. But enough about me and my parents. I need a distraction. How is everything there." I ask him "it's going good. We have had lots of calls as always." He says "how's Foster with her temp partner" I ask. "Well she had chout and almost chopped his head off with how cheery he is." He says "yeah Chout can be pretty intense if your not use to it. Cheery doesn't even begin to describe him." I say with a slight laugh. "So Boden switched him out for rafferty they fit much better. But she still says she misses her partner. You should call her when you get a chance." He say. "How's molly's been? Wishing I could be there." I ask "busy as always. Mouch is trying to get Hermman to put more fruity drinks in the menu. But in all honesty I think it's Trudi running the show on that one." He says "I'm with Trudy on that one. We need more fruity drinks. So you tell Hermman my vote. More fruity drinks please." I say. "Will do. Next time I'm there I'll tell him. Isn't your brother coming up this weekend. "Yeah....." I barely manage to say. There was another pause. "Sylvie?" He asks but I don't answer. "I miss you so much." I blurt out almost in tears again. "I miss you too." He say. "Oh how I wish I could see you." I say. "I know I wish it too." He says "it's hard not having you around." I say "I know but we will be together soon I promise. You tried yet?" He says. "Not really tell me a boring story of yours and I might just fall asleep." I say with a smirk. "hey my stories are not boring. The are funny. Now Capps on the other hand his stories are boring. "haha yeah they are so boring" I say with a straight out laugh. "Ah there's that laugh of yours I love." He says. Just as I was about to speak I heard the bells go off. "Hey bells went off. I got to go." He says "Be safe for me." I say "Always." He says as he hangs up. I decided it was to much effort to go back up stair and the crisp air was nice so I curled up and went to sleep.

AN: hey guys here is part two of my story. Hope you enjoy it. Part three of it will be the next one posted which I am currently writing.  As always feel free to vote, comment and leave suggestions.