Will You...

Stella's pov
We head out of the mall and back to the car. I secretly text Casey. "Hey just wanted to let you know we are leaving the mall." It reads. "Okay I'm ready I'll be waiting outside for her." He replies. We aren't too far from Sylvie's place but where he is proposing is downtown. "Why are we going this way, my place is that way?" Sylvie says with a confused voice and look on her face. "I'm under strict orders not to tell you" Foster says. "From whom" she says. "We can't say" both foster and Stella say at the same time. "Fine doesn't tell me then." She says as she sits back in her seat. We arrive at the destination about 30 minutes later. Traffic was good getting into downtown. I have Foster text Casey that we are pulling up.

Sylvie's pov
"What are we doing downtown? I thought I was going to surprise Matt at home with this dress I have on. "I say as we pull up to a quaint little restaurant and see Mat standing out front in a suit. I gasp in awe "What's Matt doing here?" I say as a gentleman opens my door for me. I walk out and greet Matt as he takes my hand and gives me a kiss. "You look beautiful tonight" he says. Casey leads me into the restaurant and up to the second level that overlooks the cities river. It's a beautiful view with the city all lit up at night.

Caseys pov
I take Sylvie upstairs to where we are sitting. It overlooks the river and the buildings that are lit. I help her sit in her chair as the waiter comes and takes our drink order. We talk while we look over the menu. I ask her how her day was. "It was so nice to shop with the foster and Stella . I think this may have to become a monthly thing with the girls. Since foster is so busy with med school. How was your day" she asks me. "My day was a perfect and getting even more perfect. I'm glad you had fun love." I say with a smile. "Everything on the menu looks amazing. So what do you plan on ordering?" she asks me "I was thinking about getting the grilled salmon with fresh roasted veggies. What looks good to you?" I ask. "I was thinking of the grilled chicken and roasted squash and potatoes. I'm really craving roasted potatoes for some reason." The waiter comes, brings us our drinks and takes our order. About 15 minutes later our food is brought out for us. I could tell Sylvie was enjoying this and so was I.

Sylvie's pov
Matt and I finish up dinner and head to walk along the water as we hold hands. It's a perfect night out. The stars are out with a crisp chill in the air. I love that even with all the city lights tonight you could see a bunch of stars, which is odd for the city. I start to feel cold and shiver. "Are you cold?" Casey asks "I'm a little chilly" I say as he takes his jacket off and helps to put it on me. I thank him and take his hand back in mine. We walk a little further and stop. I lean against Casey as he wraps his arms around my waist. "This is a perfect night I don't think it can be anymore perfect." I say turning around and kissing him. We stay there for a while watching the water with reflection of the moon.

Casey's pov
Sylvie and I start walking again down a little further. "Where are we going to next?" She asks "I thought that we could sit on a blanket and star gaze out looking over the water." I say as I lead her to the blanket that I set up earlier and had Severide keep an eye on it so no one would mess with it. We sit on the blanket and I pull her close. She leans in and kisses me. We sit and star gaze for awhile longer while chatting away with each other. I stand up and pull her with me. "What are you doing?" She asks. I lean down and press play on the small speaker I have set up. I pull her close and wrap my arms around her and sway softly to the music. She lays her head down on my shoulder. We sway back and forth to the music I even spin her around a couple of times. She has a huge smile on her face. I figured this was the perfect time to propose. We continue to sway as I pull apart just a bit and start to speak. "Sylvie Marie Brett we have been through so much together these's last few years. When I look into my heart, I only see you. The first time I met you, I knew you were the one. It was only a matter of time until we arrived at this moment that my puzzle is now complete. I finally found my missing piece. You have taught me the real meaning of love. I can't imagine growing old with anyone else." I say as I get down on one knee pulling open the velvet ring box. "Will you do the honor of making me the happiest man on earth and marry me." I say as she gasps and raises her hands to her mouth.

Sylvie's pov
Casey and I are swaying back and forth to the music that is playing. It was a perfect night and it couldn't of gotten any better. Little did I know, it would. "Will you do the honor of making me the happiest man on earth and marry me." He says as I gasp and raise my hands to my mouth. "Yes, yes a thousand times yes" I say jumping in to his arms to kiss him. When we pull apart he puts the ring on me. It's gorgeous. I jump up into his arms and he spins me around. "Let's finish this at home." I whisper in to his ear. We pack up and head home. We get home and Matt picks me up and carries me into the house and up to the bedroom. He gets on the bed and lies with me. I am finally in good light and look at my ring he gave me it's perfect. "Matt this was the best night ever. I love the ring and more importantly I love you." I say as we make out again. "Oh I forgot to show you the best part. It was kinda dark out there so here let me show you." he says as he takes the ring off and shows me the inscription. "always have always will always and forever." It says. "Matt oh love it our saying." I say as our lips crash together.

Casey's pov
I wake up to Sylvie smiling in my arms. Last night was amazing it couldn't have gone any better. "You made me the happiest lady last night." She says looking at her ring. "I can't wait to tell everyone. We have shift today don't we" "yes we do have shift so we better get ready if you plan on being there on time since we might have over slept. "not my fault, you are the one that tired me out how many times were we at it." She says playfully hitting me with her pillow. "yeah yeah takes two to tango you know" I say blocking her second hit and rolling her over so I'm now on top of her leaning in to kiss her. "See there you go again making us late." she laughs trying to push me off.

Sylvie's pov
Casey and I walk hand in hand into the firehouse. I'm so excited I can't contain the smile on my face. We were a little late due to ahem "being busy". The second we walk in to the common room I notice everyone is there grabbing coffee and breakfast so I shout "we're engaged!" Raising my hand and showing everyone the ring. "Congratulations" Herrmann says "that's amazing congrats" Violet says. Congratulations Brett and Casey." Chief says. Just as I was about to grab food the bells went off Ambo 61 man down unknown causes 628 north Lincoln Ave. "this foods amazing matt says taking a bite in front of me. I make a grunting noise as I was starving and didn't have any time to eat breakfast. I quickly look back at matt and say this is all your fault you better save me food or else." I say I as I run out and hop in the rig. 

AN: Hey guys hope you liked this one shot. Sorry there was no one shot last week I was up in the North Woods with no internet and very little cell service.  But I'm back and hopeful will have one next week. I'm in the process of writing it now.  Feel free to Vote, Comment and Leave a suggestion.