Get To The Hospital

Brett's POV

"Hey I think your phone is going off again" violet says "I'll deal with it later focus on the patient." I say. "Okay" she says "hand me the Iv bag ill prime it while you start the line." I say as my phone buzzes again. "IV's in" she says. "Alright let's load and go" I say as we put the patient on the stretcher and into the ambo. "You wanna check your phone?" violet asks me. "I'll check one we get to lakeshore." I say. I jump in the back of the ambo while violet drives us. "is your phone still going off." She says. "Why on earth is my phone going off so much? Don't they know I'm on a call?" I say frustrated. "How long?" I ask. "5 minute out" she yell as the radio goes off. "Boden to 61" I hear him say. "This is 61 go ahead." She says. "Violet where's Brett?" he asks "in the back" she says over the radio. "Kinda Busy chief" I say over the radio as I work on the patient. "Brett you need to listen to me. Get to med as soon as you can something happened to Casey?" he says "what do you mean what happened to him." I ask franticly "He was on a call for an accident when he got hit by an out of control car. Just get to med fast." He says "dropping off at lakeshore then heading to MED" I say. "Want me just to go straight to MED" violet asks "um uh yeah patient's stable and it's about the same time. So yes go to med." I say. It doesn't take us much longer to get there. I see the ambo doors opening and the ED staff meeting us. "what do we got Brett?" they asks me but I am to shocked and worried to talk for fear ill break down crying. "Brett?" they asks again. but sill noting. "I've got this Brett. Go do what you need to do" violet says to me. I run through the ED to the other side to the check in desk. As I hear violet giving the info to the doctors. "Where is he? Where is my husband?" I ask franticly as I run up to the check in desk. "Slow down. I don't know what you are talking about." The lady behind the desk says. "I was on another call. They told me to get here as soon as possible. He was in some kind of accident." I say trying not to cry. "Name?" she asks me. I'm so distraught I give her mine. "Sylvie Brett?" I say. "No honey sorry your husband's name." she asks "oh sorry Matt um Matthew Casey he's a firefighter." I say. "one sec let me go get the doctor." She says. I pace around the room till she gets back. "Brett" I hear Manning say. As she walks in. "how's Casey how's my husband?" I ask her on the verge of tears. "he's semi stable right now, he's definitely going to need surgery. But he's refusing." She says "Why is he refusing if he needs it." I say. "He keeps asking for you. He refuses to go to surgery unless he sees you. This way we don't have much time." She says rushing me to his room. "You got 5 minutes maybe less." She says to me. "Thank you I'll make it quick." I say as I walk in. "Sylvie" matt says weakly. "What are you doing refusing surgery? I su frustrated. "Umm I had to see you. I needed to just see you." He says with his weak voice. "This isn't like you. Talk to me what's going on." I say carefully taking his hand in mine. "I'm scared." He says breaking down. I've only seen him cry a handful of times. "Oh honey. It's going to be okay we will get through this. What's it I always say I'm scared too so we can be scared together." I say leaning down to carefully give him a kiss on the forehead. " Alright time to go." The doctor says stepping into the room. "I promise everything will be okay. I love you" I say holding back my tears. "I love you too" he says as he's getting wheeled off. By the time I head back to the waiting room the rest of 51 is there. "How is he?" Stella asks me "stupid" I say "what????" She says confused. "My loving idiot of a husband. Wouldn't go into major surgery without seeing me first. But um he looked pretty bad. I'm not sure what we will do if we lose him." I say with tears starting to fall. "oh sweetie it's gonna be okay. I promise. Casey's a fighter. You know that. We will all support him getting better." She says pulling me in for a hug. I like her saying we will support him but that's not the we I was talking about. "Got any update" Boden asks me. I try and talk but the tears keep coming. "It's okay I'll tell him." Kidd says I nod my head thanking her. I take a few deep breaths before going to sit down next to violet. I sit with my hand in my face. About 3-4 hours later. The doctor manning comes out. "Brett" she says. "What took so long? How is he?" I ask as I rush up to her. "There were some complications he had some blood loss." She says "was that because he waited so long" I say worried. "It didn't help but he had someone internal issues we didn't see initially. He's still not out of the woods yet we will know in the next 24-48 hours. How this will turn out." She says as the rest of 51 came behind us. "Can we see him." Cruz asks. "I'm sorry he needs his rest. He's still out from surgery you can see him later." She says to him. "When do you think he'll walk up. I really need to see my husband. I have to tell him something." I say "we aren't sure could be an hour maybe 3 or Longer we just aren't sure." She says "I Know you said no visitors but I promise I won't bother him I'll let him rest. Please." I say "alright just you come on. Follow me." She says. "I'll keep you all updated." I say to the rest of 51. I get to Matt's room and see him hooked up to all these wires and IVs. I pull up a chair next to his bed. "Honey I need you to wake up. Please you have to be okay. I need you. We need you" I say placing my free hand on my stomach. "I found out this morning. I was going to plan out this whole thing to tell you after out shift but. Now I'm scared I'll lose you." I say with tears.

Casey's pov

My eyes are closed I try to open them but can't. I feel someone grab my hand and start talking. "Honey I need you to wake up. Please you have to be okay. I need you. We need you" she says. I instantly recognize the voice as my wife's. I wish I could tell her I'll be okay. "I found out this morning. I was going to plan out this whole thing to tell you after out shift but. Now I'm scared I'll lose you." She says with tears. The room goes silent for a bit but I still feel her touch. Not sure how long it was after that when my eyes started to flutter open. "What's it's you always say to me. I'm scared too so we can be scared together." I say with a starchy voice. "Oh matt your awake!" She says jumping up from the chair. "Love you so much. But Don't you dare scare me like that again you hear me." She says firmly. "I love you too and I'll try not to scare you again." I say. "You mean the both of us" she says placing her hand over her stomach. "Do you mean what I think you mean?" I say with a smile. "It sure does daddy." She says with a huge smile. "I'd kiss you but um kinda stuck" I laugh "well let me help with that." She says as she leans down to kiss me. "much better mommy" I say. "Since your awake I better got get the doctor" she says pulling away but I manage to stop her. "just a few more minutes alone. I wanna enjoy this news just us." I say "you know what I'm going to say" she says with her look. "please just us." I say "fine but then we get the doctor" she says "deal" I say as I careful pull her back in for another kiss.

AN: Hey Guys I finally got this one shot written. Took me forever but I finally got it done and I'm happy how it turned out.  As always feel free to Vote Comment and Leave Suggestions.