Our Boy (Part 2)

Sylvie's pov
"8 month old baby high fever pale looking won't stop crying. Violet says as she wheels me in holding Jace. "Where are his parents" the doctor says. "I'm his mother. I was on duty when my ambulance got the call." I say. "Well will take it from here you can't wait in the waiting room. Will give you an update shortly." The doctor said. "no I'm staying" I say with a forceful tone. "ma'am its best you wait in the waiting room. I promise we will come get you as soon as he is settled in." The doctor says. "come on honey we have to do what's best for Landon." Matt says. I gave Landon a kiss as she took him out of my arms. Matt takes my hand and we and go sit in the waiting room. I can't stop crying. So Matt just holds me tight rubbing my arm to try and comfort me. About 20 minutes later a nurse walks out. "Family of Landon Casey" Matt and I stand up and walk over. "We were able to get him stable he's still got his fever but it is going down. You may go see him." Room 120

Casey's pov
I take Sylvie's hand and we walk to Landon's room. We walk in and over to his crib. He looks so helpless laying there I just wish I could take his place so he wouldn't have to be going through this. Moments later the doctor walks in. "Hi I'm doctor Calum." She says "nice to meet you I'm Matt and this is my wife Sylvie." I say shaking her hand. "How's my baby" Sylvie asks. "Well I wanna keep an eye on Landon. I'm going to check him into the pediatric ward. He'll most likely be here for a couple days. You're welcome to stay the night with him there'll be a bed in there. It's kinda small but should fit you both." She says "Thanks. Do you know what caused all this?" I say. "Well he came in dehydrated and we think he possible has a virus. We are giving him fluids and some other medication to help with the fever. I'll be back to check on him once he gets settled in his room upstairs. She says "thank you again" I say as she walks out. "I think we should call chief and let him know we won't be back to finish shift and may not be there next shift." Sylvie says to me. "yeah I agree I'll give him a call." I say pulling out my phone.

C- hey chief just wanted to give you an update. Sylvie and I won't be back to finish shift. Landon got admitted to the hospital for a few days. So we might not be there next shift as well but will try to be.
B- Thanks Casey for letting me know. I'll have Kidd as acting lieutenant until you get back and transfer Gallo to ambo since he is ambo certified. Take as much time as you and Brett need.
C- Thanks chief. That means a lot to us.

Sylvie's pov

So we are now in the pediatric ward. It's been 2 days since we've been up here. Landon is still in the same condition. Although the crying is a lot less which is really good. He's hooked up with an IV still. I don't like seeing him like this. No baby should be hooked up like this. It's nice they are letting Matt and I stay with him. I don't think I'd be able to leave his side. The bed is small like she said it would be but it gives Matt and I cuddle time at night. "So I was thinking we should have a date." Matt says to me as he looks at his phone that just buzzed. "We are in a hospital. I won't leave Landon's side. You know that." I say. "I know that's why I have a little something up my sleeve." He says with a smile. "Oh yeah what is it." I ask as there's a knock on the door. But no one comes in. "go answer it." He says. I get up off the bed and open the door. There is a vase with roses and a bag full of take out. Lou Malnati's my favorite. "Awe flowers and my favorite food." I say grabbing the stuff and heading back to the bed. We sit and talk while we eat. About half way through our little date Landon starts to cry again I walk over to the crib and see that he is looking off again. "He's getting fussy again I think we should page the nurse." I say to matt. We page the nurse and she walks in. "I'm worried something's wrong he's fussy again." I say to her. "He probably wants to be fed. Why don't you try feeing and rocking him. He might like that." She says as I go and pick him up and feed him. Once I'm done feeding him Matt walks over. I get up and sit on his lap. "I hope our little monkey starts to feel better soon." I say as I lean my head against Matt. "He will babe our little monkey will be just fine. He's a fighter." Matt says to me. After the three of us cuddle Landon fell asleep in my arms so I gently lay him back in his crib for the night. I then crawl in bed with matt for the night. It was the best night sleep Landon hand gotten in a long time. By the morning his fever had broken and he looked like he was on the mend. The doctors where pleased at how well he was doing. "so he is doing well. I think if he keeps this up. He can go home tomorrow." The doctor says to us. "That's great." I say all excited. The rest of the day he just kept getting better and better. He was in bed acting just like his normal self. Matt had him laughing which was so nice to hear again. In the morning there is a knock on the door and the doctor walks in. "So I'm liking how he is doing and I feel that he can go home." She tells us. "You hear that buddy we can get out of here tomorrow" I say picking him up. "It will be nice for us to all be home." Matt says as he comes to wrap the three of us in a long hug.    

AN: Hey Guys here is the second part the one shot. I know last week was a rough one for all of us Brettsey fans. I am going to be taking a break from here to try and get some inspiration to write some one chapters.  I hope I won't be gone to long I know how much you guys love theses stories. It may take a month or so but I will be back I promise I just need to wrap my head around Jesse leaving.  Hope you all are doing well with all this.