Girlfriend in Fowlerton Part 2

Casey's Pov

"Hey babe what's up" I say picking up my phone from my desk with a smile. "Hey so I'm leaving now. I should get there around 10am providing I don't hit any traffic coming into the city." She says "sound great can't wait. You're coming to the firehouse first right." I say "yeah I was planning on that. That way I can meet the people you work with." She says "great they been asking about when you are coming down." I say "oh they've been asking about me." she says a little nervously. "Don't worry you'll be fine I promise. I won't let them bombard you with questions. I know that's not your favorite thing." He says. "Thanks Matt" she says. "Hey I got to go alarm just went off. If you get here before I get back just wait in the common room for me to get back." I say quickly "okay be safe" she says "will do. You too." I say as I hang up the phone and rush out to the rigs. I hope we make it back in time before she gets here but as we pull up to the scene I can tell it's going to be a long one. I hope out of the rig and start accessing the scene and start giving orders to my men.

Brett's pov

I was on my way down to Matt's. I was so excited to be spending the week with him. A whole week without missing him, it was going to be one of the best weeks I have had in a while. I was just hitting the edge of the city when I started to hit traffic. It didn't look to bad to me. Plus it gave me time since Matt had gotten called out on a call. I really wasn't looking forward to spending my first time in Chicago alone in a firehouse that wasn't mine. I arrive to 51 not to long after hitting traffic. It wasn't as backed up as I thought it was. When I pulled up to the station I noticed that he was still out on his call. So I park, gather my things and head in to find the common room. I take a seat on the couch at the opposite end of where the Mouch pillow is. I was warned not to sit on that side of the couch. I pull out my book and wait for them to return. About 15 minutes later I hear a rig pull into the bay. I notice it's not Matt's so I go back to reading. "Hi um can I help you" a confused female voice says to me. "oh hi I'm um waiting for Matt. I'm Sylvie." I say as I get up out of the couch. "So you just figured you could wander in here." The female says with a semi rude voice. "I'm Matt's Gir...." I'm in the middle of saying when Matt interrupts me, which I'm thankful for. "Hey babe" he says as he comes over to kiss me. "Sorry I wasn't here when you got here. Over hall took longer than expected." He says wrapping his arm around me. "No worries" I say leaning into him. "So who was that" I asks "ah that was Molnar she's the paramedic relief we have had since our last paramedic left us to go to medical school." He says "she's not that friendly when I told her who I was. It was like she didn't want me here." I say as I place my stuff in Matt's quarters. "Yeah she's not the best fit for here. Come on lets go meet people." He says as he takes my hand in his. We meet everyone in the firehouse. They all seem really nice. "So how long are you hear for?" Stella asks me. "I'm here for a week." I say "You were able to take that much time off" she asks me. "Yeah I have a lot of days off saved up. I really missed Matt so we decided that we would each spend a week at each other's place while they still work. So this week I'm here." I say with a smile as l look over at Matt. "Well we are glad you are here." She says to me. Shift ended not long after I got there. So that night we decided to head to molly and hangout with everyone. It was a nice night. I had a lot of fun. The next day Matt and I spent a good portion of the day in bed together. I really missed being in his arms. We watched tons of movies and ate lots of food. "hey so tomorrow I have shift. You can stay here or you can come to work and hang out with me. I've cleared it with my chief and he says you're welcome to hang out." He says to me as we are lying in bed getting ready to sleep. "Yeah I'd love to come with you" I say as I curl up next to him.

The next day

Casey's pov.

I drive Sylvie and I to 51. She had her bag full of things to do if we got called out on a run. I was so happy to have her around. She waited in my quarters while I was at our morning briefing. "has anyone seen Molnar this morning" Boden asks. "Nope tried going by her place this morning to give her a ride into work she wasn't there and when I called her cell she put it to voicemail after one ring." Shay says to him. "great we are down a paramedic again. this is the fourth time she has not shown up for shift. I will try and get a sub until she gets her. In the mean time Stella can help out on ambo. "um chief sorry but I'm gonna need stella since I'm down a man today." I say "ah yeah that's right I forgot Gallo had that thing going on today. I will call headquarters to find someone." He says. I had just checked in with Sylvie to see how she was doing before I went to Boden's office as he wanted to see me. "you wanted to see me chief." I say "yeah you sure you can't spare Stella. Headquarters says they can't get me anyone right now due to most of the paramedics being sick with the flu that is going around." He says "sorry I can't don't want to be down that many men today." I say "alright thanks I'll keep trying" he says "wait I have any idea. Not sure it would work but Sylvie is a paramedic with the Fowlerton FD I don't think she would mind helping us out." I say "ah yes perfect I'll run it by the CFD and let you know. Ambo 61 Truck 81 Squad 3 Engine 51 Battalion Chief 25 multi car pileup 638 west Addison rd. "go grab her and ill call them afterwards. I'll take the heat on this one" he says as I rush off. "Hey Brett we need your help we are down a paramedic and Boden says he would love your help on 61 if you can." I say quickly. "yes definitely" she says as she hop's up and runs out to the rigs with us.

Brett's Pov

"let's see what you got Indie" shay says to me as I hop in the passenger side of the rig. We arrive to find a 5 car accident. Shay gives me orders and I start to get to work. Matt brings us a victim and we start to access the patient. I see shay rummaging through the jump bag. "Urg why is it that first shift never restocks the jump bag this is ridiculous." I hear shay say in annoyance. I know what she's trying to do. "Here Hand me that saline, tubing, tape and the scissors" I say to her. She looks at me with caution as she hands them over. I get to work and do what needs to be done. "Wow nice job where did you learn that?" she asks me. "Well I come from a department that doesn't have a lot of funds so we have to sometimes MacGyver things." I say. "great work I'll drive since I know that area while you are in back with the patient." She says "sounds good to me" I say. As we load up I see Matt give me a wink.

Back at the firehouse

Casey's pov

I was leaning up against the rig waiting for ambo to get back from dropping of their patient. They arrive back about 5 minutes later. "I've never gotten to see you in action before. You were hot out there. Great job Boden was impressed as was I." I say leaning in to give her a quick kiss. "Thanks this was a lot more fun than Fowlerton, way more action here." She says to me. "Well Boden had to send Molnar home she finally showed up to work but was so drunk. " I say "so does that mean I'm working the whole shift with you?" She asks "yes if you want" I say with a smile hoping she would say yes. "I'd love to" she says with a smile as we walk back inside to finish the rest of our shift. 

AN: Hey guys here is part 2. I hope you enjoy it. I'm having so much fun writing this little story line. New videos to come hopefully by Sunday. So what do you all think of Bretts new Ambo partner? I love that there is another female being brought into the house. As always feel free to Vote, Comment and leave suggestions.