Secret Santa Part 2

Brett's Pov

I was walking into the common room when Stella comes walking up to me. "hey um there's a package for you outside someone dropped it off no card or anything." she says. "A package I didn't order anything plus you know Coney hates when we have personal mail delivered here." I say "well whatever it is, it's big" Mackey says to me. "well let's go take a look. It's got me curious." I say as we walk out to the app floor. I walk over to the package and look for a sign of who it could be from but there's no card or anything. "It must be my secret Santa gift. I wonder who it could be from." I say as I start to tear off the packaging. "It looks tall whatever it is" stella says. "yeah what is it?" Mackey asks. "It looks like a handmade bookshelf." I say as I pull it out. "Wow I have the perfect spot for it, like it was meant for it. Who ever got this for me must have been in my apartment recently.' I say "hey I think there's something else in here." Mackey says as she reaches into the bottom of the package. " Huh more, a box wonder what it is." I say as I take it from her. "Well open it girl" stella says. I open the box and immediately start to tear up it's a set of vintage wine glasses. "Everything okay" Mackey asks. "these are the vintage wine glasses I was talking about the other day. Are either one of you my secret Santa" I ask "no remember we traded names" Mackey says. "True what about you stella" I say "nope not me remember I told you I had Cruz." She says. "Ah yeah I remember now. Well okay let's do some investigating. " I say "oh I like investigating let's see we are going to need coffee first and to get warm in side." Stella says. "Yeah coffee is a must" Mackey says as we head inside. We all grab our coffee and sit around the table. " So who do you think it is?" Mackey asks. "I have no clue I only mentioned it to you guys." I say "well let's think back. When were we talking about them" stella asks. "last week on Thursday I believe. I say "Yeah we were all sitting around the table at lunch" Mackey says "ah yes that's right. So who else was around when we were talking." I ask. "Severide was there so were Mouch, Otis, Casey, and Cruz." I say "Oh what about Capp he was there in the room." Mackey says. " Nah I can't see him settings foot inside an antique store. Plus you know every year he complains about this and Whoever he gets he gives them candy." Stella says "plus we have the bookshelf remember. What about Severide he's handy with wood working he use to work on restoring old boats." I say "not Severide I would have seen him working on it. We do live together" stella says "true you would have seen it. Darn okay cross him off the list. So that's two down. Who else was on the list" I say as I take a sip of my coffee. "Well the people we have left are Otis, Cruz, Casey and Mouch. Well it could be Cruz his wife could have gave him the wine glasses as an idea. Plus he did live with him before he got married and you had your collection of glasses at that time." Stella says. "Yeah he did know about my collection of glasses. But I keep going back to the bookshelf. It looks handmade. Who took the time to make it?" I say "they could have had someone else make it." Mackey says "I guess so. okay let's keep going. We've got Otis, Mouch and Casey left." I say. "What are you girls doing so intently" Severide asks walking over to us. "Trying to figure out who left Brett her secret Santa gift. We are down to Casey, Otis and Mouch" I say "wanna help" stella ask "nope all you babe" he says giving her a quick kiss before getting his coffee to head back to his quarters.

Meanwhile in casey's office.

Casey's pov

I was sitting down doing paperwork from our last call. It was a long one. When I got back I saw that Brett had opened her secret Santa gift. Just wondering how long it will take her to figure out that it's me who gave it to her. I hear a knock on my door and look up. "You have to see what the girls are up in the common room. It's quite entertaining." Severide says with a laugh. "What exactly are they doing" I say "well investigating" he says "investigating what" I ask "well they are trying to find out who gave Brett her secret Santa gift by recalling who was in the room when she was talking about the wine glasses." He says. "Nice who do they have left they think could have given it?" I ask "there were on Cruz when I walked in. They said they still had Mouch, Otis and you left." He says. "Well we will just have to see if she gets it right." I say with a smile.

Meanwhile the girls continue to investigate.

Brett's pov

"okay let's see about Mouch" I say. "Doubt it was Mouch. He's to glued to the TV. I bet he didn't even hear us talking about it." Mackey says. "You never know it could be him" I say "hey Mouch, Mouch." Mackey says but no response "I got this. Hey Randall McHolland, MOUCH!" I yell "Okay well.... he's out" stella says with a laugh. "Wait did you say the bookshelf was handmade." Mackey asks. "yeah why." I say I see Mackey lean over and whisper to stella something. They both laugh." You think" Stella says. "come on" Mackey says with a look. "yep it's got to be him" stella says "got to be who" I say "they do like each other. We all know that." Mackey says. "Plus he's in construction and would know how to make things like this." Stella says "You think it's Casey?" I ask "Well it's got to be Casey. I mean come on all the signs are there." Stella says. I get up from my chair and grab a few things I need. "I mean it could be." I say as I write something down on a piece of paper and fold it. "Only one way to find out, I'll be right back" I say with a smile. I grab an extra coffee and I walk to Casey's office to see him working at his desk with his door open. So I lean against the door with coffee in both hands. "You look lost in thought" I say almost startling him. "Yeah, just a long call trying to write it all down. What can I do for you?" he asks "oh just thought you might like some coffee." I say "I'll always welcome coffee. What's with the coffee in the wine glass? He asks me as I hand him his mug. "Yeah well some sweet firefighter gave it to me. He's tall, has dark dusty blond hair. I couldn't wait to use them and since we are on duty so I put coffee in it instead." I say with a little flirty voice as I lean over his desk dropping the folded paper. "Hmm let's see he's tall, dark dusty blond hair" Casey's says with a smile. As I walk backwards. "Yeah" I say as back with a smile as our eyes connect. "Wonder who it could be" Casey flirts with me as he slowly walks over to me where I'm leaning against the door again. We are standing so close together with his hand leaning on the side of the door frame above me. "I better go thank him right now before I forget to." I say as I walk out the door. Seeing Casey's face drop in confusion, but I don't go far I hide just around the corner so that I can see him but he can't see me.

Casey's pov,

I stand at the door in disbelief. I can't believe she thinks someone else gave her, her secret Santa gift. Guess she's gonna have to do more investigating. I think to myself. I go back to sitting at my desk to finish my paper work when I see a note folded on my desk it reads open on the front. So I carefully open it up. "Knew it was you all along, thank you for the handmade bookshelf and the wine glasses they will fit perfect with my collection. Your friend Sylvie. Ps feel free to come over and see your work with my collection of glasses and have a drink" It gives me the biggest smile ever "count on it" I yell out knowing she's spying on me. Just as the bells for ambo go off I see her stand up and our eyes lock from across the room. "Stay safe out there for me" I yell to her. "Always" she shouts back as she takes off running.  

AN: Hey guys here is Part 2 of Secret Santa. Part 3 will be just as good. I hope. so stay tuned for that. with in the next few days if I can get it done soon. As always feel free to vote comment and leave suggestions.