That Night Against River

Sylvie's​ pov

It was a perfect night for a party except I wasn't feeling it. It was the annual firefighter's ball. Everyone seemed to be having fun with their significant other or at least most of them were. I seem to be always failing in that department. My puzzle pieces never seem to fit together. Hence why I was here dateless. I would have gone with Greg but he broke up with me. "Hey so I was thinking next shift we could really make Gallo squirm." Violet says but I wasn't paying attention. "Brett hey Brett, earth to Brett" she says to me waving a hand in front of my face. "Huh, what yeah." I say confused. "thing of making Gallo squirm next shift you in." she says to me. "um... yeah... sure. Hey I'm not feeling it. I'm gonna head out. I'll see you at shift in a few days" I say with a not so cheerful voice. "Is everything okay?" She asks. "uh huh yeah I'll be fine." I say sadly as I get up and start to walk out. But I see matt. Everything seems to slow down around us and becomes a blur and it's just the two of us. In a space full of people that now feels empty. I lift my head and look into Matt's eyes. I can tell he senses something off with me when he asks to go for a walk. All I wanted was to go home and forget about everything but something in my heart is telling me to go with him. So I do.

Matt's pov

"Talk a walk with me" I say to her as we leave the venue and walk along the river. The music is slowly fading the farther we walk. We stop just far enough that we can still hear it but just barely hear it. I turn to face her. "Dance with me" I say to her. "nooo, you know I hate dancing in public." She says to me. She tried to walk away but I pull her in close to me and she doesn't protest this time. "Just dance with me Indy?" I whisper lovingly in her ear. The music in the distance is a playing a slow song. We dance back and forth I spin her around a few times. She then lays her head on my shoulder as we sway to the music. With the sparkling lights of the city behind us. It's a magical night expect I sense something is on Sylvie's mind. She hasn't quite been herself​ tonight. Or the last week for that matter. I know she's putting on a brave face. "hey what's wrong?" I ask as I tilt her chin up to me. So she's looking at me. She turns away so I don't see her cry. But I hear her sob. "Talk to me Syl, please" I gently say. She turns around to face me. "I can't do this. Keep this brave face on when I'm feeling so alone. I think I'm just gonna go home." She cries. "let me take you home" I say

Sylvie's pov

"No ill be fine I promise. I'm just not in the partying mood." I say. "You okay" he asks "Yeah I'll be fine I promise." I say wiping away the tears. "you know you can talk to me about anything right" he says. "I know thanks I'll be fine" I say as I start to walk away. "Hey hold on there's something I wanna tell you." He says "Can it wait I'm just wanting to go home." I say "Okay" he says. "Thanks Matt" I say with a fake smile. "Actually no I need to say this it important please." He says stopping me from walking away. "Okay go ahead" I say

Matt's Pov

"Alright here goes. You are the best thing in my life. You caught me by surprise. I never saw it coming. I know that we have had a rough few months. And that I messed up saying I don't know but the truth is I haven't felt like this ever. Not once. Yes I love gabby, just like I love Hallie but they are my past. You are my future. I try and push these things aside. But it's just too hard." I say as I get interrupted. "Matt what are you saying" she says to me. "Please let me finish." I say as she nods her head yes. "I know I've messed up but if you let me I want to spend the rest of my life proving my love to you. I never would have thought I'd find my puzzle piece. But here you are standing in front of me. I love you Sylvie Brett and nothing is going to change that. All I want is for you to be happy even if that means you being with someone else and leaving me single for the rest of my life. Just know I will always be there for you and love you, No matter what." I say as I turn and start to walk away but she grabs my hand. "I love you" she blurts out "You love me" I say with a huge smile across my face.

Sylvie's Pov

"I love you more than anything I thought that I would just end up alone. No other guy compares to you. I always wanted you to be happy. Even If I wasn't. It never occurred to me that I was your happiness." I say as our lips tenderly crash against each other. We kiss for a minute more than lean our foreheads against each other breathing heavily. "I know this sounds crazy but I Don't wanna wait." I say with a smile. "Wait for what" he says against my lips with another kiss. "I know this is not traditional but, I love you to the ends of the earth and I can't spend another day without you. My heart aches too much. I feel I might die. Matthew Casey Will you marry me?" I say happy. "Sylvie Brett I would be honored to marry you." He says with a smile. "No I mean tonight. I know it's sudden but I can't imagine another day without you." I say "I will marry you anywhere anytime but don't you want something where your parents and bother can come. And you in a white dress." He says to me so tenderly. "Yeah I want that but I also want you. Now and forever." I say "How about this we tonight exchange our own vows just us. In our eyes we are married but in a few months we can have a real wedding with a dress, your family and our firehouse friends." he says. "Sounds perfect." I say leaning up to kiss him. 

AN: Hey guys Here is another One shot sorry its taking me so long to write theses. I'm really trying to get one a week but its hard.  Maybe ill do a part two of this with the vows. let me know what you think. As always feel free to vote comment and leave a suggestion.