Five Days To Long

Casey's pov
I can't move anything on my body. I try and I just lay still. I can't even open my eyes. I try so hard but I just can't. I hear someone talking or trying to talk to me but I can't see them or hear them very well. All I hear is someone crying. "you have to wake up please wake up for me. " I hear the voice say through the crying. "I-i lo-love you" I barely hear through the sobs. I still can't make out who it is. I try my hardest to wake up but I can't. I don't know what's going on. I have no clue where I am either. Next thing I know the crying stops and people are talking then all I hear is beeping.

April's pov
I walk into the room and see Brett still sleeping in the same chair next to the bed. She hears me walk In. "hey when's the last time you ate or even got proper sleep in your own bed." I ask her. She looks like she could use both. "I don't​ know since he's been here. I don't know I've lost track of the days." She says as I check Casey's vitals. "Why don't you go home have a proper meal and get a few hours of sleep." I tell her. "I can't. I can't leave him. What if he wakes up though? Or worse. I need to be here." She says in a panic. "it will be fine I promise. He's stable and is on the mend. You can't let your health deteriorate if you plan on helping Casey get better. As a paramedic you know that." I say to her "Yeah I know but I'm not leaving him. He need me." she says. "he needs you well." I say. Please let me stay I can't leave him" she says to me with a pouty face. "No don't you give me that look" I say to her sternly as I walk in her direction. "I still don't wanna go. I'm not going, not one bit." she says as I walk over to her and gently pull her up out of the chair. "Don't care, now go I'll call you if he wakes up don't make me call foster to come down here and drag you out." I say as she gets up and walks out forgetting her jacket.

Casey's pov
I don't know how long it's been since the crying stop but I'm now awake. I look around to see I'm in the hospital. I wince in pain. "Hey sleepy head. Glad to see you're awake" April says walking into my room. "wh-what happened?"I ask a bit confused. "you were in an accident. The wife that died in the Shiftlee fire. Do you remember that". She asks Me."vaguely I remember we pulled her husband out of the basement I think. But we couldn't find her in the house." I say. "Well her husband attacked you when you guys were on a call apparently he set fire to a abandon building just to lure you guys out there. You were packing up from the fire and he came charging at you." she says to me. "How long have I been in here" I ask groggy "About 5 1/2 days. You were touch and go for a while." she tells me. I look over and see a jacket on the chair next to me that I don't recognize. "who's jacket is that?" I ask. "Brett's​. She's been here every day and night. Boden gave her off. She wouldn't leave your side. I finally convinced her to go home get a proper meal and a short nap today." She says to me. "Oh" is all I managed to say. "Gotta go hun works calling I'll check on you later" she as she walks out when her pager went off. I'm left there thinking. Huh the crying I heard must have been Brett's. I always secretly had feelings for her. Just never knew she felt the same. Or maybe she just cares as a friend. I hope it's more than a friend. I know things have been complicated with us lately. My divorce to Dawson, her best friend. And the stuff with her birth mom and me being there for her. Her leaving Kyle and coming back to Chicago. I try and get comfortable but it hurts every inch I move. So I decided on a nap not much else I could do. Plus maybe by the time I wake up she'll be back.

Brett's pov
I walk back in the hospital. I will say a nap and good food was good to have. April was right I did need it. I still haven't heard from April at all. I take the elevator to the fourth floor and walk to Casey's room. I stop just short of his room and see he's still sleeping. He looks so peaceful. I walk in and take my usual seat. I'm not sitting here long​ when I hear Casey stirring. "Hey" he's says to me. "hi" I say as I got up and sit on the edge of the bed. "You're awake" I say with tears starting to form. "Hey I'm fine now I promise." He says to me as he grabs my hand. "I could... I mean we... we could have lost you. I say through the sobs. "I'm going to be okay. You have to stop crying. Please." He says I try but can't. He carefully scoots over wincing in pain. I get a nervous look on my face. And our eyes find each other. We look into each other's eyes for what feels like a lifetime but in fact was only a few seconds. "Come here" he says as he gently pulls me into him. I gently lay my head on his chest. There's this energy between us. We don't even have to tell each other how we feel about it each other. There's this undying connection. We just both know. We are meant to be. As I lay my head on his chest we talk until we are both tired and fall asleep.

A/N- Hey guys as always feel free to comment. I love hearing what you think of brettsey.  I have at least one more story to come later today/tonight.