Taylor Elizabeth Brett Part 3

Bretts Pov

I walk into the station after dropping off Taylor at daycare. "Hey Brett" Kidd greets me in the common room. "Hey Kidd" I say as I pass her. I head to the locker room and put my stuff away. As I open my locker something drops out of it. I see that it's an envelope with my name on it. I pick it up off the floor and open it. It reads "Hey beautiful hope you have a good day. Just wanted to leave you something special and say good morning. I'll see you and Tay tomorrow tonight. Love Case. PS love when you call me that." I smile at the note in my hand. I quickly shove it back in my locker when I hear someone open the door. "Morning Cruz" I say trying to hide my enormous smile. "Morning Brett, did you have a good day off yesterday?" He asks me. "I did thanks for asking." I say. "Do anything fun?" He asks. "Went out with family and friends" I say hoping he won't ask about my family I haven't told anyone but Boden and Casey of Tay yet. One day when I'm ready I'll tell them. "That's nice. Excuse me I have to take this. Hey Chloe, what's up. Oh yeah I forgot to tell you about that. Sorry I will get it fixed when I get home from shift tomorrow morning. I promise." I hear Cruz say on the phone as I'm heading out the door to start my shift. I'm hoping today goes easier than last time. I was out in the ambo restocking when the bells went off. Ambulance 61 man down unknown causes 31 Racine dr. Shay and I hop out and drive off. It was a busy day we kept getting call after call. My phone buzzed a few times but I was so busy I couldn't look at it. I finally was able to get a break when we got back from our last call. I wanted some privacy so I walked into the bunk room to see and check my voicemail.

I see Casey sitting in his quarters working on paper work. We give each other a smile. I took my phone out and pressed the voicemail button. It was from Tay's daycare I couldn't understand the message it was all broken up with screaming and crying kids. I immediately call them back but I can't get through. I try again it just keeps ringing. " dang it come on pick up pick up pick up please pick up please." I say worried as I start passing. I see Casey stand up and come over to me " what's wrong?" he asks concerned " its Tays daycare I was so busy with all the calls today I missed three of their calls now I can't get through to them." I say on the verge of tears " hey it will be ok I promise" he says as he pulls me into a hug. Half way through the hug the bells go off. Ambulance 61 Truck 81 Squad 3 collapsed building 228 West Belmont drive. "Oh gosh that's tay's daycare." I say with a shaky voice. "its goanna be okay Tay is a strong kid. We gotta go Brett." I hear Casey say as he rushes us out to the rigs. We reach the scene and I'm frozen in place. Shay is yelling at me to get moving but I don't hear anything I just keep scanning for Tay. Casey sees a look of terror on my face and walks over to me after giving his orders to his crew. "hey it's going to be fine." He says " I'm not ready to tell them yet I can't but I guess I have to now. I'm a horrible mother for not picking up my phone." I say trying to hold back tears. "You're an amazing mother. Work was busy Tay will understand. I've got to go in. You do what you do best and help Shay. Let's go get ready." He says to me "okay" I say as I snap back to reality. "Chief got the kids they are trapped in a room that's covered by fallen debris. Shay calls for more ambulances as there are multiple injuries.

Casey's pov

We found the kids trapped. I immediately start trying to dig out the rubble. I need to get to the other side to see if tay is safe. "Casey wooh hey slow down your gonna compromise the structure even more." Severide says. But I just keep tearing into the rubble."Hey Casey you gotta stop now." Severide says as he pulls me off the rubble. Whats gotten into you? This is not like you." He says. "she's in there I have to get her to her. I promised her she'd be okay." I say in a panic trying to get Severide off me but he's got a strong hold on me, Kidd over hears me and asks "who's she? Who's in there?" "She's just a little girl" I say "look Herman's already working with everyone to get to the kids. We need you to stay focused got that" Severide says. I snap back to reality and start helping. Im no good to my team and tay if I'm a mess. It takes us about 45 minutes but we are able to stabilize a path through the falling debris to reach the kids. We all crawl through one by one to the kids. I immediately scan the room for tay. But there are so many kids. "thank goodness you're here" one of the teachers says to us as she hobbles over to us. "is everyone here. How many injured do we have" Severide asks. Most of us are okay there are some kids with just a few scrapes and bumps then about 8 of us with more sever injures." She says back to us. "Therese a little girl blond hair about 4 years old her names tay do you know if she's okay?" I ask the teacher. "I'm sorry I'm a sub today I'm not usually in this classroom." She tells me. We start evacuating the kids that aren't hurt too badly. Unfortunately tay is not in that group.

Sylvie's pov

As we wait for the victims to start coming out. I feel so sick to my stomach. Its taking forever to reach the kids. I'm in a fog when Shay says they are coming out. She taps me on the shoulder to shake me out of it. "yeah yeah I'm here" I say "hey if there is a patient called Taylor we need to take her please I'll explain later I promise." I tell shay with a slightly worried look on my face. "We will do the best we can, but no promise." She says" just as i'm about to tell her thanks I hear kids start coming out. This group seems to be unharmed. But I don't see tay and its starting to worry me. But I have to keep pushing though and try not to worry. Shay and I are the ones in charge of all the ambos so we send the victims that are coming out to different ambos. When I see Casey caring some little girl I'm about to run over when he shacks his head no letting me know it's not her. I'm terrified at this point that we won't find her. Casey locks eyes on mine before he goes back inside. It's exactly what I need his look calmed me down, it's that look of everything is gonna be okay I promise. And I believe him. I hear over the radio "we found another set of kids trapped one is pinned really badly. I'm gonna need a jack to raise it off the kids arm" Severide says "got it lieutenant come right in with it" says cruz

Casey's pov

Once the jack is there I help stabilize the slab of concert. It took me a second to realize that this little girl was tay. She was covered in dirt and dust with scrapes all over her. Tay honey we are gonna get you out I promise" I say to her. "I want my mommny mommy were's my mommy" she cries. "I know honey she's outside once we get you out we can go see her." I say Severide turns to me. "How do you know her mother is outside?" he asks. "Just do but not my place to tell" I say to him. Aright tay we are going to put a air cast on your arm and go see mommy. I say We put a c-collar on as well and Severide starts to pick her up but she refusing to get picked up by him. "mommys friend only" she says "no clue what that means" Severide says. I turn to him "its okay I got her." I say as I pick her up and run as fast as I can to get her out.

Sylvie's pov

"We got one coming out this one is for shay and Brett." I hear Casey say over the radio. "Mommy mommy" I hear I know that voice instantly. It's my child's voice. A voice in pain and scared. A voice no mother wants to hear ever. Shay and I bring the stretcher to the front of the building. Casey is running out to meet us. He places her on the stretcher. But all Tay wants is me. She keeps reaching for me and calling mommy. "she most of hit her head when she fell her moms not here" shay says to me trying to calm the girl down. "You're going to find out anyway later but now is as good a time as any I guess. "This is Taylor my daughter" I say "what, daughter how, when? Shay says confused. "Previous relationship I'll tell you more later. Right now we need to get to MED. Thank you Casey I say as I turn to him. He pats my shoulder as he heads back in to do one last look around. "I'll drive while you sit in back with your daughter." Say says as we load Tay in our ambulance and head to MED. 

AN: hey guys so here is part 3 to Taylor Elizabeth Brett. I hope you guys like it. i struggled with the ending of it.  not sure i really like it that much. I do have plans to write one where Taylor is at the station and meets everyone it was requested on here so that will be coming soon. so keep and eye out.