Bring Him Back (Part 2 The Boat)

Casey's POV
"Hey you ready to go." I ask her. "Yeah just let me finish packing the food. hey can you go upstairs and grab me a jacket just in case I get cold while we are on the water."she asks me. "Sure no problem." I tell her as she finishes the food and loads the truck up. "Foods done and trucks all packed and ready to go" she tells me as I walk out of the apartment. "Great, I also grabbed us some cards maybe just maybe I'll finally win a game." I say. "haha yeah when pigs fly. You haven't beaten me in years. " She laughs. "yeah yeah I let you win." He says with a flirtatious smile. "you let me win un huh. Sure" she says with a smile as she gets in the truck. The drive to the marina doesn't take that long. 15 mins tops. Our boat is at the end of one of the docks. Well it's not just our boat but we split the cost of it and share it with Severide and Kidd. It was a fun investment.

Sylvie's POV
"Morning George. How you doing this morning? how's the water looking today" I ask. He's our maintenance guy at the marina. "Hey Sylvie, Matt, doing great thanks. Waters perfect this morning. Have a good time" He tells us as he waves at us. We walk down to our boat and Matt helps me on. "Oh I left the extra poll in the truck. Let me go get it."   Matt says. "let me go with I think I forget something too." I tell him.   

Caseys POV
"Yeah alright come on" I tell her. I thought she was doing better this morning. She didn't seem as clingy.  She was worrying me again. She's been alone in the boat plenty of times. We make it back to the boat with everything we needed. I help her on again and get in myself. "so you wanna drive first" I ask her. "no no you drive first. You know I can't get the boat out of the marina that well. I'm a terrible drive" she says. 'yes, yes you are" I laugh. "Hey that is not nice to say to your girlfriend."  She says as she playfully slaps my arm. "Fine all drive. You can drive later on if you want" I say. "sound perfect." She says to me as she gets comfy in the front of the boat where the sun is. We drive out about 20-30 minutes away from the docks with the skyline in the background. I look over and see Sylvie lost in thought. "Wanna have a game?" I ask her. "Huh what" she says to me "play a few rounds" I say to her as I show her the deck of cards. "only if you feel like losing to me for the umptinth time "she says As she gets up and we head to the table at the back of the boat.  "Talk all the smack you want. I'll win one of these days." I say as I join her. I shuffle the deck and deal out the cards. She wins the first five rounds we play. On the sixth round I notice she's drifting off again. So much that I notice she's throwing the exact cards I need. Which is unlike her.  I take my turn and wait for her to go. But she's not going. "Sylvie your turn" i tell her. She still hasn't responded. "Sylvie it's your turn." I say again as I gently touch her arm. "huh what. Sorry." She says. "hey what's going on you've been distance today" I say. "it's, I'm fine let's just play" she says. I see her eyes start to water. I place my cards face down on the table and  go sit next to her. "hey talk to me what's going on" I say as I gently turn her twords me. "its... It's... I'll be okay." She says. "you know you can tell me anything right?" I say. "Yeah I know" she says.  "so what's going on please tell me. You haven't left my side in since the almost accident I had. Does it have to do with that." I say. But all she does is nod her head yes. You know will always try my best to make it out and get back to you." I say. "it's just I don't want to lose you. I can't do this on my own" she says on the verge of tears. "Do what on your own?" I say as I take one of her hands in mine. "Please tell me what's worrying you. You know I'll always be by your side." I say trying to comfort her. "it's just we haven't talked about it." She says "talked about what" I say. "I know you always wanted them. So do I but with everything going on at work and all. Then you almost get injured. We can't lose you" she says with tears coming down her face. I catch her saying we. "did you just say we.(she nods her head yes) Are you pregnant?" I softly ask her. "I know we haven't talked about it. We aren't even married yet and your work has gotten busy these days. I just." She says "This is so exciting were going to be parents." I say excitedly. "I didn't think you would be this excited." She says to me. "I know it's not what we planed but I'm so excited that I get to have a kid with the love of my life. So its unexpected but we will make it work." I say as I lean in and give her a kiss. "when did you find out." Last shift" she says "so that's why you've been sick in the last month and why you been so attached to me after that one call." I say. "Yeah I got really scared you might not make it out. When I saw you dive out the front door and you weren't moving. I got so worried I'd have to raise this child all by myself. And that you would never have known about it.  I just don't want anything bad to happen to you" she says "I will try my hardest to no get injured on the job but no promises. You and I both know this is a dangerous job we do. " I say as I pull her in twords me. "I know. So you really are excited about this"she says looking up at me. "Way more than you know" I say as I kiss her. We get back to playing our game and she beats me once more. While she relaxes on the front of the boat. I fish. I catch 5 large mouth bass and one small month. A while later Sylvie joins in and catches 3 large mouth bass. A 15 inch one, a 11 inch one and a 24 inch one. By the time we are finished fishing. The sun is starting it set. I love how the sun set looks over the skyline. " You ready to head back home?" I ask her. "Yeah it's getting a little chilly and I could go for some of your famous Mac and cheese that you make." She tells me.  "Here is your jacket let me help you put it on" I say as I help her. "thanks. "no problem" I say "hey thanks for taking me out on the boat. I'm really glad we got to talk just us.  It was nice and I feel a lot better" she says with a smile. "well I'm glad I was able to help you. I had a lot of fun today even if I still lost at cards to you" I say as I kiss her and we head back to the docks.

AN: Hey all. Here is the second part to Bring Him Back.  I hope you enjoyed it. I will try and update by Wednesday or Thursday. As always feel free to vote, comment and leave suggestions.