Girl Who Ran Me Over (Part 2)

Casey's POV 

I was in the kitchen making coffee before heading out to work. I placed my phone down on the counter and walked over to the fridge to grab some milk. "Morning heard you had a late night" I say to Severide as he walks into the kitchen. "Yeah we didn't get back till 1am. The loft was a mess. Thanks for letting us stay here for a few days till it gets fixed." He says "yeah no problem that's what friends are for" I say "urg it's gonna be a long shift if I can't get sleep." He says walking over to pour his and Stella's coffee for work. I hear a ding on my phone. "Who ran you over" Severide asks. "Huh what do you mean?" I ask walking his direction. "I saw your phone light up with a message from girl who ran me over. Care to elaborate" he says. "oh it's this single mom I met at the park the other day. We've been texting non stop." I say with smile. "Still doesn't explain the name." He says. "She was going down the slide with her daughter and we collided at the end of slide as I was walking by with Ava." I say "haha so she really did run you over. haha that's great" Severide laughs. "Yeah it was slightly embarrassing." I say. "so she's the one that's been making you smile. I haven't seen you smile that much in years." He says. "she's amazing we spend a good position of the day texting. Next week we are meeting up And taking the girls to the Brookfield zoo as a surprise for them." I say. "well that's great I'm happy you have found someone that make you smile." He says "hey my daughter makes me smile" I say jokingly slapping his shoulder. "you know what I mean Case." Severide says. "Uncle Severide uncle Severide. Come play with me." Ava says running out of her room. "Sweetheart heart hold on uncle Severide had a rough night. Let's let him be for right now. You can play with him tomorrow all you want." I say "but I wanna play" she wines. "What about this, how about you come have breakfast with me." Severide says picking up Ava. "Okay." She says slightly sadly. "Hey like daddy said we can play all you want tomorrow. I promise." He says "yay" she says giving her uncle a tight hug. They sit down and eat breakfast at the counter island. About 20 mins later we are ready to head out to drop her off at daycare. "Daddy do you have to go" Ava asks me as I pick her up out of the car and grab her bag. "Yes pumpkin be daddy has to go to work but I will see you tomorrow. I promise." I say giving her a kiss. Just as I open the door to the daycare I get run into by a woman leaving. "Oh I'm sorry" she says I recognize the voice right away.

Sylvie's pov.

Mommy do you have to go to work today." Emery asks from the back seat. "yes monkey but tomorrow we can spend the day doing what ever you want. It will be a day filled with fun." I say as we pull up to the daycare. I was running a bit behind. I wanted to get to the firehouse really early so I could meet the chief and get acquainted with the place. But emery and I had a bit of a rough night. She wasn't feeling the best. I felt bad leaving her but she seemed to be doing a lot better this morning. "Alright monkey let's head in." I say unbuckling her from her car seat and picking her up in my arm. I grab her bag from the other side of the car and we head in. "Hi welcome I'm Amber are you checking in?" She asks "yes I am this is Emery." I say "well let's get you all checked in and ready to go. What's the last name" she asks me. "It's Brett" I say. "Ah yes here we are Emery Brett. Over night stay. Alright you guys can follow me this way." She say. "Thanks" I say as I follow her into the space. "Here let me take that bag from you. We can place it in her cubby over here." She says placing emery's bag where it belongs. She goes over a list of things that will be happening and what goes on at night." I look at my watch and notice the time. I'm cutting it close. "Alright monkey give mommy a hug and a kiss. I have to get to work I will see you first thing tomorrow morning." I say giving her a big hug and a kiss. "Bye mommy be safe." She says "always monkey" I say as I get up off my knees and rush out the door. "Love you mommy" I hear Emery say. "Love you too" I shot back" I say as I'm heading out the door. Just as I open the door I run right into a man and his daughter. "Oh I'm sorry" I say "hey Sylvie" he says "matt oh hey" I say "I didn't know you took emery here." He says "yeah just started um hey I'm running late for work I'll talk to you later. Message me when ever. I'll try and get back when I'm not on a call." I say rushing to my car. It doesn't take me long to get to the firehouse. Which I love. I park and head in to find the chief. "Hi I'm Sylvie Brett the new PIC" I'm looking for Chief Boden's office" I ask a female. "Hi I'm Stella Kidd. It's nice to meet you. Follow me this way." She says. I thank her and knock on the door to Chiefs office. "Come in" he says. "Hi chief I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Sylvie Brett your new PIC." I say shaking his hand. "It's Nice to meet you. Let me show you around the house. At the start of every shift we have a morning briefing." He says as he walks me around to meet some of the other people I will be working with. We end up in the locker room at the end of the tour "Well I'll let you get settled feel free to take any locker you want. Your bunk is the one with the blue blanket on the end." He says. "oh thank you" I say as he walks off to let me get settled.

Casey's pov

I was dropping off Ava at daycare when I ran into Sylvie. It was a nice surprise. She said I could Message her whenever. And she would try and get back when she was not on a call. I wonder what she does for work. That she'd be on the phone so much. "Hey Ava Good morning welcome back" Amber says as I walk in the door with her on my hip. "Can you say good morning to Amber." I say to Ava "morning!" She shouts "daddy daddy emery's here. Can I go play!" She says all excited pointing in emery's direction. "After I check you in" I say "your all set we will see you tomorrow morning" amber says I walk Ava back and put her bag away. "Bye daddy" Ava says walking away. "Uh hold on wait one minute. Where is my good bye kiss little one." I say as she turns around. "Love you" she says as she gives me a big hug and a kiss. It's nice she has emery to keep her company. They have become best friends since they met. I walk back to my car and head to work. Pulling in I remember that we are getting a new PIC today. Heard she was from another state. I grab my bag and walk in to the station. "Hey man you have to see the new paramedic she's hot." Otis says. "Yeah sure. You say that about almost every female that walks through these doors." I say "I do not" he exclaims "oh really what about marry Wenson, Jessica plotter, Lisa dayson, oh and there was..." I say "alright, alright I get your point but this one is hot. I might ask her out." He says. I don't respond I just keep on walking. I head to my quarters to drop something of before I head to the locker room. Just as I enter the locker room I see a blonde female standing at a locker with her back to me. She must be the new PIC. "Hi I'm captain Casey you must be the new PI......" I say as she turns around. "Sylvie oh my gosh hi what are you doing here." I say surprised "Matt hi. I'm the new PIC for 61. Wow in all the talking we've been doing we never mentioned work." She laughs. "I guess we didn't." I say with a laugh. "Well I'm glad I already have a friend." She says with a nudge towards me. "well let me show you around." I say "oh um Bodens already done that. But I wouldn't mind another from you." She says "well then how about some coffee." I say "coffee sounds great emery and I were up most of the night." She says "oh well then coffee it is follow me." I say as I shove my bag in my locker. We walk into the common room and over to the coffee. I see Severide standing by the door and give him big eyes and tilt my head in Sylvie's direction. And quickly make the motion of someone going down a slide before anyone notices. Severide shakes his head with a slight laugh. I see him start to make his way over to us. "Hi I'm Severide. So I heard you two had a run in." He says. "Don't mind him" I say pushing Severide away. "It's nice to meet you" she says as I pour our coffee. "come on we can sit over here." I say leading us to the table. "It's nice emery had someone she knows at daycare." Sylvie says. Taking a sip. "Yeah ava was really excited to see her this morning." I say with a smile. Well just wait till they go to the zoo together." She says. "yeah it's gonna be amazing. We are still on for next week right" I ask "oh totally can't wait." She says with a smile just before the bells go off. Ambo 61 man down 8244 south lake Ave. "Well duty calls." She says "stay safe" I say with a wink. Which makes her blush. "always she yells back as she runs out to her rig.

AN: Hey guys here is part 2 of this mini story. I hope you enjoy it. Part 3 will be out next week sometime. As always feel free to Vote Comment and Leave Suggestions.