Why me

Sylvie's Pov

"Hey babe can you please take me out to the hammock. I'd walk myself but I'm feeling very weak." I say "yeah sure babe, wrap your arms around my neck and I'll carry you out there." He says to me as he picks me up and carries me outside. It's a nice day around mid 70s with a slight breeze out but I'm so cold. Matt gently puts me down in the hammock and I curl up. I figured fresh air and sunlight might do me some good. Matt sits next to me in a comfy lounge chair. We aren't even outside for 5 minutes when he notices I'm shivering. "Babe you're shivering, are you cold?" He asks concerned. "I am cold." I say "then we should go inside if you're cold." He says. He starts to pick me up but I stop him. "Nnnoooo I want to stay outside. I hate being cooped up inside not being able to do what I love or go to work anymore. It's not fair" I say angry. "Alright we can stay outside if you let me get you a blanket please." He says to me. "blanket sounds nice" I say trying not to cry. "All be right back with it." He says as he bends down to kiss me. Then walks into the house to get it.

Casey's pov
I walk into the house to get Sylvie's favorite blanket. She takes it everywhere since she's been sick. It's almost like a security blanket for her. I spot the blanket on the couch and pick it up. I also grab her meds and some waters for us to drink. Then head back outside. "As I'm walking outside I hear Sarah crying. I pull up a different chair so I'm more at her eye level and place the blanket on her. I straddle the chair so I'm facing her. "Babe what's wrong?" I say rubbing circles on her back. "I....I hate this I hate be....being sick and not knowing wh....what's w..wrong." she says crying. "Everything hurts." She cries. "I know baby. Here it's time to take some of your meds." I say handing her the meds. "They make me tired and nauseas. I don't like that part." She sobs. "I know, but they'll make you feel better. I promise." I say rubbing her back. I gently keep rubbing it till she falls asleep. Once she's asleep I get up, place a kiss on her forehead and head back to my comfy chair. I hate seeing her in so much pain. I wish I could take the pain for her. I know how much she misses her normal life she use to have. She barely is able to get around anymore. The firehouse seems so different without here there. I must have fallen asleep myself, because my phone ringing wakes me up. I quickly grab it off the side table. "Hello" I quietly answer as I try not to wake Sylvie. "Hey Captain, Its Kidd." She says. Hey Kidd" I whisper. As I get up out of the chair and walk to the other end of the porch to talk without disturbing Sylvie. "How's our girl doing?" Kidd asks me. "She's in a lot of pain today. She's currently sleeping on her hammock." I say to her. "Do you think she'd be up for visitors later the gang and I here were thinking we'd stop by after shift. I total understand if she needs to rest and have no visitors." She says. "No No that would be great. I think Sylvie would love that. It's just want she needs. A bit of something normal in her life will do her good." I say as I look at my love, who looks so peaceful sleeping. "Got a go captain bells just went off." Kidd says. "Yah I heard them. Stay safe out there. Thanks for checking in. I'll tell her you guys are coming by later." I say then hang up and go sit by Sylvie again. 

Sylvie's pov
I thought I had heard Matt on the phone but I was way too tired to find out so I went back to sleep. I hated being sick. I just got out of the hospital less than 2 weeks ago. They still can't figure out what's wrong. I can barely walk. One day I was perfectly healthy then I passed out on a call. Ever since then my life is so different. It's frustrating. I feel bad for matt he's missed so much work because he's taking care of me. It's nice that Boden lets him have as much time as he needs. We have a fantastic chief. I start to stir awake. I moan in pain as I shift in the hammock. "Hey babe how was your nap?" Matt asks, getting up to kiss me. "It was good. I defiantly needed it. My body feels a tad better after that nap. Hey. Umm I'm kind a getting hungry. I wanna try and eat something. See if I can keep it down this time. Maybe it will give me some energy." I say in a hopeful voice. "Alright we can get you some food. What sounds good to you?" He asks. "The left over Lou Malnati's pizza please" I say with a fake smile.

Casey's pov

"I'll go get it. Be right back" I say as I go to get the pizza. With food in hand I walk back out and see her looking sad again. "babe what's wrong? I ask handing her the pizza. "I... I just miss being normal. I can't even go out to hang with friends. I can't even go to Molly's. It's no fun." She says with tears. I sit down across from her and wipe away the tears with my thumb. A smile appears on my face that I can't hide. "What is going on Matthew Casey" she says to me with that gorgeous smile I haven't seen in a long time. I also got the full name which means she knows I'm up to something or hiding something. "Well what if I tell you the House wanted to come by after shift. They wanted to see how you are doing." I say to her. "I'd love that. It sounds perfect." She says "Well you can thank Kidd for that." I say "sounds just like her to do a thing like this. Hey, can you help me up I wanna sit with you in the chair and eat?" she asks "sure sweetheart" I say as I help her into the chair with me. After she finishes two squares of pizza she cuddles up with me falling asleep again until our friends get here.