Should have done this sooner

Sylvie's Pov

I was walking in to work when I run smack dab into Casey. "Whoo there Indy pie watch where you're going." He says to me with a flirty voice as he grabs me to keep me from falling backwards. "Sorry Casey I Didn't mean to run into you. I didn't see you." I say as I try to look away. For some reason I can never look him in the eyes. "It's okay just next time keep your eyes up. He says to me with the most gorgeous smile that makes me melt. "will do" I say smiling back thing of the nickname he calls me as I walk off to the locker room. He's called me Indy Pie for as long as i can remember its sweet. but i still have yet to figure out what it means. After the locker room I head to the common room to meet Kidd and my new partner. "Hey Brett what's with you. You look embarrassed. Something happen? kidd asks me. "you could say that" I say. "what happened honey" she asks. "Casey happened. I accidentally ran into him on my way in. I still couldn't look directly at him and I don't know why I can't." I say. "Oh I have an idea maybe it's because he's so damn hot." She says with a laugh. "Yeah like Casey would ever go out with me. He doesn't even know I exist outside of this Firehouse."I say. "Yeah then why is he staring at you all the time? Like last night when we were at Molly's, that's all he could do." Kidd says says. "I don't know." I say "Give him a shot. You never​ know." she says. "I do kinda like him." I say "okay kinda isn't the word you should use more like majorly like him is up your ally." she says "yeah okay i guess you're right. I say as I see McNally walk up to me. She's our new paramedic since Chilly diapered on us. "Hey McNally what's up" I ask her. Well I was looking in the ambo an I think we need to do inventory and restock some of it." She says to me. " yeah I was thinking the same thing." I say to her. I tell kidd I will catch up with her later and head to the rig with McNally. "so how do you like working here at 51" I ask her. "it's great I love it here. It feels just like a family." She says "that's because we are family. We will do anything for each other." I say as I start to check things off our clipboard. We are a little more than about half way through inventory when I see Casey walk up to us. "Brett where's Kidd? He asks "last I checked she was in the common room why? I ask him. "Well Severide is throwing her a surprise birthday party at molly's this weekend. And I'm here to give you the info." He says "okay that sound fun why didn't Severide give me the info." I say. "I asked him the same thing but he just shook his head at me." He says. "Does he need help with anything" I ask "well you could come with me and grab the balloons and cake I could always use the company". he says all flirty like "just don't tell Kidd about any of this promise." He added. "no definitely will not tell. Cross my heart" I say flirty like "great here are the details" he says handing me a piece of folded up paper. As he hands it to me our hands over lap and touch. I smile at the warmth of his hand under mine. "thanks" I say "I'll leave you to it Indy pie." He says with a smile as he walks out of the room. I then turn my attention back to doing inventory. "so he your boyfriend" McNally asks boldly. "no not even close." I say with a slight choking laugh. "Oh really. Well he should be by the way you two look at each other. And by the cute nickname he calls you almost every shift. He's got it bad for you." McNally says to me as we make work of stocking the ambo. "You think?" I ask her "totally why you into him? Because if not I'd take a shot at  him" McNally says. "I don't know maybe. we've been friend ever since i got to this station so many, many years ago. hes helped me through a lot" I say with a big smile. "That big smile you have says otherwise." She tells me. "Brett, McNally have you guys seen Casey i need to ask him something" otis says to us. "nope he might be inside not sure. I tell him " hey i'm gonna go grab us the towels and packs of gauze we need from the supply cabinet" I say as I hop out of the ambo. The supply cabinet is on the opposite side if the app floor on the wall. I walk over and grab what we need. "hey don't forget the pressure band-aids too" she yells across to me as I have my face in the cabinet. I got them and the...... I yell as turn and run into somebody. I practically run right into Casey again. Great just what I needed to happen I think to myself. "What's with running into me Indy pie." He says with that smile of his. "Nothing it's just been a heck of a first week. Since being promoted. I feel like I haven't been able to think straight or walk straight for that matter." I say looking at the ground. "Hey you've been great I've told you this before. You are a great paramedic just believe in yourself. Trust me your day will look up." he says to me. I could hear the smile in his voice. " Let's hope. Um I think Otis was looking for you something he needed to ask you." I say. He's about to walk off when I stop him. "Wait question. What's with the nickname you keep calling me all theses years? I ask. "well you are from Indianan  and I always see you bring in the pies you make and eating pie at lunch. Hence the nickname Indy pie." He say to me. "It's catchy I'll give you that and really cute that you came up with it. i love it" I say as i manage to look him in the eyes.  Once he's gone i stand there thinking what did he mean my day would get better.  I'm about to grab one last thing I forgot when I hear the girls calling me "Brett, pst pst Brett, come here." Kidd and McNally say as they wave me over to them by the ambo. "What do you need" I ask "oh nothing this was left for you." They says handing me a wrapped gift. "Who left it?" I ask confused. "We don't know. some delivery man just said to give it to you." Kidd says. I open it up and find a note on top of tissue paper. I silently read the note to myself. The note reads. Great first week as PIC. Hang in there Indy pie you're doing great. Your friend Matt aka Casey. I look around trying to find him. But he must still be off talking to Otis. So I turn back to the gift. I slowly pull back the tissue paper and revile a bracelet with an engraving. It reads "Believe in yourself Indy pie." I gasp at the gift. Maybe he does feel the same way I do. I just stand there in awe. Frozen not able to move. So frozen I don't even notice Casey come up behind me. "My quarters " he whispers to me as he brushes by me doing spin around move. "What was that about. Who gave you the gift.? McNally asks. "oh I'll tell you guys later. Right now I have to take care of something. I say as I walk off to his quarters with my gift. "what's this" I say holding up the gift and smiling. I walk closer to him. "I saw it  and immediately thought of you. I know you will make an amazing paramedic in charge. This is to remind you to always believe I'm yourself​ and never give up." He says to me as he steps closer. We are now inches apart from each other. He takes the bracelet out of the box and slips it on my wrist. My breathing has now become heavy as has his. I blush at the touch of his hands on mine. "It's beautiful. I say with a smile looking away from him. He gently takes his hand and tilts my chin up so my eyes meet his. "Casey what are you doing? I quietly ask half knowing what's about to happen. "Something I've wanted to do since the moment I met you." He responds as he pulls me Into him and​ kisses​ me and everything else fades away.

Hey Guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I will try and post something Sunday. If not then definitely next week.  As always feel free to vote , Comment and Leave suggestions.