The Collapse

Sylvie's Pov

Mackey and I were in the bunk room filling out paperwork from our last call. "So hey I was thinking girls night. I desperately need a girl's night you in l. My place, this weekend. Please say yes." I beg her. "Sure sounds fun. It's exactly what I need as well." Mackey says. "yes this is gonna be great you, me and Stella. Movie night with all you can eat and drink." I say excitedly. "I'll bring the brownies and some drinks" she says "perfect" I say. "Wait weren't you supposed to have that date with Greg this weekend?" Mackey asks. "yeah but I just need a girl's weekend more than the date, he'll understand. Plus I'll see him tomorrow after shift. It's no big deal to call the date off." I say. "Alright then girls night it is. Can't wait.' she says. "Hey what did you put down on your run sheet for...." But I never got the chance to finish as my name was called out in a frantic. "Brett get in here now!!!" I hear Severide call from the bathrooms. "What is it?" I yell jumping off my bunk. "It's Casey!! He's out Cold! But has a pulse" He says. I run in to see him collapsed on the floor of the bathroom. "Oh gosh Matt" I whisper under my breath. As I stand there in the door way in shock. "Brett" Severide says breaking my shock. "Yeah um... Mackey, with me. We need to get the stretcher, jump bag and the heart monitor." I say to her as we rush out to the rig to grab what when need then head back in. "Casey, can you hear me?" I ask franticly as I bend down next to him, but no response. I try and keep calm but in all honesty I'm on the verge of tears. "This must be from the accident this morning. He said he was fine." Severide says. "It's Matt you know how he his." I say as I continue to assess him. "Matt, Matt you got to wake up" I say but still nothing "Here you Go" Mackey says handing me the c-collar just in case he hit anything when he collapsed. As I was carefully putting it on matt woke up. But it was only for a second. Then he was out again. "I can't believe I didn't make him go get checked out I should have." I say angry. "It's not like he would have listened. You said it yourself. It's who he is." He says. "yeah but it's my job. Severide help me and Mackey pick him up and put him on the gurney." I say. Once up we rush him out to the rig. By that time everyone in the firehouse came to see what all the commotion was. "We will meet you at MED. Boden says "I'll drive" Mackey says. I don't argue about it. There's no way I would be able to drive. I'm too much of a mess right now. I hope in the back of the Ambo and once the doors close I let the tears fall. "Matt come on matt I need you to wake up." I say through the tears. I sit there holding his hands. I hear moaning coming from him. "Casey can you hear me" I say but just get a moan from him. "You collapsed in the bathrooms at the station we are taking you to the hospital." I say with a scared voice. I grip his hand tightly in both of my and rest my forehead on it. The ride to the hospital feels like forever. "Three minutes out." Mackey says I don't respond. I just keep holding his hand telling him he's going to be okay that he has to be okay. With my head still resting on our hands I hear Casey moan again. "I love you Sylvie." Quietly escapes from Matt's lips before he's out again. "Matt, Matt I'm here wake up please" I say as the tears keep falling but even harder this time. I don't know why I'm such a mess. I've moved on. I'm with Greg now. I told Casey what need to happen but he didn't do it he's still in love with Gabby. But maybe I've been wrong all along. Maybe I just think he's still in love with her. But in reality he's in love with me. He just said I love you. And now it's gonna be too late. I feel the ambo come to a stop and the doors open. I jump out helping Mackey grab the stretcher out and wheel him in. "Trauma 3 What do we got" Maggie asks. As we wheel him into the bay. "um Matt Casey he um...." I try and say but can't seem to get the words out. "Firefighter Matt Casey 36 he hit his head on a call this morning. Said he was fine but we found him passed out in the firehouse bathroom. He's got a pulse and his coming in and out." She says. "Alright let's transfer on three. One, two, thee." Maggie says. "Alright let's get him hooked up." Natalie says. "We got it from here." Maggie says but I don't move. "Come on let them do their work" Mackey says. But again I don't move. I feel helpless seeing him lying there. Kidd must have seen Mackey tying to get me to move because the next thing I know she's helping me guild me to the waiting room while Mackey put the gurney anyway. About 10 minutes later I see who I assume to be Christy walk in. "How's my brother? I hear her ask Boden. "We haven't gotten an update yet. Last we know he was coming in and out on the ride over." He says "Thanks I'm gonna see if I can get an update." She says. I see her walk up to the nurse's station then over to us. "You must me the paramedics that brought Matt in. Thank you for taking care of him. I know I haven't spoken to my brother in years but I don't know what I would do if I lost him. So truly thank you" she says. "You're welcome" I barely manage to get out. We all sit in silence for the next hour. I couldn't take it any more I get up and run outside. "Hey what's going on" Stella asks walking up to me. "He.... He... He... Told me he loved me...." I sob "what... when..." She asks me. "In the back of the Ambo, When we brought him in." I say wiping away the tears. "Wow so It take getting brought to the hospital for him to finally say it." She says. "what are you talking Bout" I ask confused. "That man loves you with all his heart. He's not been himself lately." She says "yeah because his still in love with Dawson." I say "wrong his in love with you. But every time he tries to tell you he can't get the words out. You should see him moping around the apartment. He's like a little lost puppy. She says. "Really?" I ask shocked. "Yeah really and he's gonna pull through you'll see it's Casey. He's got like a million lives. Come on let's of back inside." She says guiding me back though the doors. I go back and sit down next to Mackey. My eyes are puffy and red. "family of Matthew Casey" Natalie says. We all get up and go to her. " Hi I'm Christy Matt's sister" she says "your brother suffered a head injury. He has some brain swelling. We gave him some meds to try and help with the swelling. He is currently resting right now." Nat says "can we see him." She asks. "We really need him to rest but I'll let just you in right now." Nat says. "thank you" Christy says as she walks off with Nat.

Casey's pov

I wake up in the hospital room to see Christy at my bed side. "Matt you're awake." She says "Christy what are you doing here." I ask her. "You collapsed they weren't sure what was happening to you. I'm listed as your emergency contact. I came rushing over." She says. "I need to speak to Sylvie" I say. "They were only letting me in. You want me to call Gabby for you. She says "if you would pick up my calls you would know I'm divorced now and she's in Porto Rico. She left me I've moved on. Now someone get me Sylvie." I say. "Alright hold on let me see what I can do." Christy says. Moments later Nat comes in. "Casey good to see you awake. How are you feeling" she asks. "Like my bell got rung." I say "well you seem to doing better since you were brought in." She says. "I need to see Sylvie" I say. "We really need you to rest" she says. "Please Nat this is important. I wouldn't ask otherwise." I beg her. "Alright fine but you have to rest after" she tells me "deal." I say as she walks out of the room.

Sylvies POV

I was sitting in the waiting room when Nat comes walking over to me. "hey Matt's asking for you. I told him he must rest after. So make sure he does. I don't want him stressed out." She says to me. I get up and follow her to Matt's room. I stop Short of his door. I see him lying there looking so helpless in bed. I quietly open the door and walk in. "I'll give you two some space. I'll be back later Matt." Christy says. "so you wanted to talk to me." I say. "Have you been crying. Come here" he says so sweetly. Reaching his hand out for mine. "Nat said you needed to talk to me" I say stepping closer but not taking his hand. "yeah I'm not sure if you will even believe me. But I need to say this." He says fidgeting with his hands. "Okay...." I say a bit confused.

Casey's pov

"I need you to know. I love you. Yes Gabby was a big part of my life. But without being with her. I would never have gotten to be with you." I say "so you talked to her then" Sylvie says "no I don't need to. I made Peace with it all the day of the charity ball." I say "then why did you say I don't know when I asked you if she came back would you go with her." She says. "it was a shock to my system you asking that. I am in no way in love with Gabby" I say. "okay but I still don't wanna be your second" she says "you will never be my second. You will be my only. I fell in love with you. And no matter what I do to try and fall out of love, I just end up falling deeper in love. It hurts like hell." I say. I wait for her to respond but she's silent. "I want you and only you." I say "You know I'm dating Greg" she blurts out. "Yeah I know and I will fight for you. I will be here I'm not going anywhere. I will wait for you as long as it takes to get you back in my life. I know you love me too. I see it in your eyes. Greg is just a distraction. Trust me I know. He won't do you any good" I say. "Casey this is a lot to take in. You need rest and I need time to process all this. I'm just glad your okay." She says squeezing my hand before turning to walk out the door. It was progress I told her how I felt and I will not stop fighting for her not matter how long it takes.

AN: Hey guys this is my take on the collapse of Casey. Not sure it will go this way but I saw others writing what they thought might happen. So I decided to write my take on what might happen. I hope you enjoy. I'm really excited for this upcoming episode. As always feel free to Vote, Comment and Leave Suggestions.