In Shock

Stellas pov
We hand over the patient who was saved by Casey while Foster goes and does paper work. Brett still looks pretty shaken up. She froze on this last call. She was all bloody from trying to help Casey. He got injured saving a girl in her low 20's. He got hit in the head by the girl's abusive ex. So Boden had me step in as medic. I walk her over to the waiting room and have her sit down. "Casey?" she asks on the verge of tears. "I'll go check" I say I go up to the desk and ask the lady. "can get an update on Mathew Casey please" she looks up at me. "Relation to him" she asks. "We work at the same firehouse. I say as she's typing on her computer. " he's still in surgery he had a pretty big blow to the left side of his head. Will give you another update as soon as we can." She says. "Thanks" I reply. When I go back to where Brett is sitting I see that the rest of the firehouse is already there. "still in surgery they will give an update when they can." I say Brett is still shaking. "I should have done more to help him" she says looking at her bloody hands. "you did amazing, come on let's see if we can get you cleaned up." I say kneeling down next to her. "but Casey, what about the news about Casey he should be coming out soon." She says "honey he's still in surgery." I say to her "surgery what for" she asks confused. "oh sweetheart you're in shock let's get you cleaned up. come on manning can give us some help." I say " uh huh sure" she says to me as I help her up. "hey come get us if there's an update" I tell foster "sure thing you got it" she tells me. I take Brett into the ED and find manning. "hey Dr Manning is there anywhere that we can get Brett cleaned up" I ask her. "yeah come with me. What happened? Is this your blood Brett" Manning asks but Brett says nothing. "It's not hers at all its Casey's she was trying to help save him." I say "ah I heard he was here. I'm sorry." She says. Manning walks us to an empty room. "I have to go check on Casey he needs me." Brett says as she start to turn around. "He's still in surgery honey." I say as I gently turn her back to the room we are in. "is she okay" manning ask me . "She's still in shock" I say "well here are some things to clean her up with I got a clean pair of scrubs for her since her uniform is stained as well." Manning says. "Thanks this will definitely help her" I say. I walk Brett over to the sink. She starts to scrub at her hands and arms. "It won't come off. It won't come off." She says scrubbing harder and harder as the tears fall, "its okay here let me help." I say. About 30 minutes later Brett is all cleaned up and we head back to the waiting room. Two hours have gone by with no update Just as I'm about to get up I hear a doctor come out. "Family of Mathew Casey" we all stand up. I help Brett up and walk over to the doctor. " Mr. Casey was knocked on the head pretty hard with a wooden object. The blast cause some swelling we were able to get most of the swelling down he's still in a coma. He should wake up from it we just don't know when." The doctor says "how will this affect his previous head injury." Severide asks "we won't know until we run some more test once the swelling is completely gone." The doctor says "can we see him" Brett asks "yes but no more than two at a time. Room 320" he say.

Brett's pov
I look at Stella and foster not knowing what to do. Stella says something to foster but I can't hear it. "Come on sweetie you and I can go first." Stella says. She helps me walk back to the room since I'm still upset. I walk into the room and see Casey hooked up to all the machines. It scares me and makes me stop in my tracks. "It's okay ill just be right outside if you need Me." she says. I finally have the courage to walk over to him. I pull up a chair and sit down. I grab Casey hand and hold it in mine. Tears start to roll down my face again. "Casey you really need to wake up. I can't imagine my life without you. You are the best thing that's happened to me in a very long time. I love you" I says as bend over and kiss his forehead. I stay there for another 30 minutes. Hey come on let's get you home so you can rest and let others come in." Stella says walking back in, "I'm not going anywhere" I say not bothering to look at her. "It will do you good" she says "I said no. I need to be here when he wakes up." I say firmly. "alright I'm going to let others come see him" Stella says to me. "That's fine." I say to her. Other came and went but I never moved, never said a word to them. I just sat there holding onto Casey's hand. It was now after midnight when everyone had gone home. Manning gave me special permission to stay overnight. I laid my head down on the edge of the bed still holding his hand. Moments later I heard moaning of my name and my hand being squeezed. "You're awake?" I say looking into his beautiful bright blue eyes. "Have you been crying" he asks me whipping away my tear stained makeup face with his thumb. I couldn't say anything for fear I might start the water works again. So I just nodded yes. "Oh Sylvie come here" he says  gently moving over and motioning me to lay next to him. So I do as instructed and get pulled up into his arms. And the tears just fall. " I could have lost you" I say through the sobs. "But you didn't I made it" he says tucking my hair behind my ear. "But I could have" I say. "yes but I'm okay. I told you I was going to fight for you every day. So I'm not about to leave the woman I love behind. I fought like heck to get back to you." He says to me. "The woman you love?" I says a bit shocked. "Yes the woman I love. Sylvie Brett you are the love of my life the one and only now and forever." He says as presses his lips to mine.

AN: Hey guys new one shot. Hope you enjoy it. This was a fun one to write. As always feel free to vote, Comment and leave suggestions. 

.