Casey's Quarters Part 4

Brett's POV

I was stocking the ambulance with foster. It was the middle of our shift. I still wasn't allowed to go out on runs. I wish that I could but for my safety I have to stay inside the firehouse. It's pretty boring when they go on runs without me. So I've been treating them to some of my cooking. I mainly do Cookies and desserts. I will not cook them main meals because if they knew how good of a cook I was that's all I would be doing. I like cooking for small amounts of people. "Hey hand me the three IV bags I'll put them over here with the rest of them" foster says. "Yeah here you go." I say as I hand them to her. " Hey I've been meaning to ask you. So how's it been staying at Casey's? She asks me. "It's great actually. He's been really amazing through this whole ordeal. We've become great friends. A lot closer than I thought we would ever be. It's really nice. Truth I'm gonna miss staying at his place once this is all over. Just don't tell him that." I say blushing. "oh I see someone's got a crush on Captain Casey."she says with a laugh. "No I never said that" I say a bit too quickly. "You didn't have to say it. I see how you are around him. Its cute. And that you sneak into him quarters after you think everyone is asleep." She says with a smile. "it's not like that. Being around him I sleep better. Loud sudden noises get to me. So he lets me crash on his bunk while he does paperwork. Plus I doubt he feels the same way I do." I say "ha so you admit it you do have feeling I knew it. Wait till I tell Kidd." She yells excitingly. "hey quite down. You will do no such thing. Yeah maybe I do. I just don't want to ruin what I got now with him by telling him how I feel. "I say "you never know it could be better than it is now. Just look at how much he cares for you. He's letting you stay at his place and the way he looks at you when you don't notice, girl he's got it bad for you. Trust me." She says. "If you say so. Come on we need to get back to stocking the ambo." I say. We are just about to finish when I hear a knock on the side of the ambo. It made me jump. "Hey, sorry to make you jump. Casey said I could find you in here. I've got some great news. Can we talk in the conference room?" Halsted asks "yeah sure. You okay to finish up on your own?" I ask foster. "Yeah, yeah go I'm good" she says to me as I hop down. I lead Halsted to the conference room. I see Casey's already in there, as is Boden. We walk in and I go stand near Casey. "Good to see you chief" Halsted says. "So I hear you have some news to share with us" Boden says. "Yes I do" Halsted says as he turns to me. I try not to get to excited. He said good news when we were by the ambo but that "good" could mean anything. "The Husband, we were able to catch him. He is now sitting in jail down at the 21st. He's going away for a very, very long time. Also in good news my brother called me and said the wife should make a full recovery. She's even pressing charges against her husband for abuse." He tells me. "That's great news thank you so much for everything you have done with this." I say with a smile a truly real smile. Can't tell you the last time I was this happy. "I would say that's excellent news" Casey says as he pats my shoulder, then drops his hand. "That official means you can resume full duty and go out on calls." Boden says to me. "Wait I have a question. There will obviously have a court date. Do I have to testify at all? I ask. "No you do not have to. We have enough evidence that you do not need to do that." He says "good I don't think I'd be able to handle it." I say. "You are welcome to come the trial and watch. If not I will be glad to keep you up to date on what is happening with it." He says. "Thank you" I say as I shake his hand. "I better get back to the district." he says "thanks for keeping out girl safe" Boden says "yeah thanks" Casey says "welcome" Halsted says as he shakes hands and leaves. "You can officially go back out next call" Boden says as he leaves the room. "This is great new" Casey says with a smile as he picks me up and spins me around. "yeah I can't believe this is all over. It feels like a dream." I say as Casey puts me down. "Definitely not a dream. Congrats on getting cleared for duty." he says with a smile. "Well I guess that means I can leave your place now. Let you have your life back." I say looking down towards the ground a little sad. "You don't have to if you don't want to. And as for my life, you're my life. He says with that a sweet voice of his. I start to blush. "You really mean it." I say with excitement. "Yeah truth I'd miss you being around. Stay however and as long as you want to. I've grown fond of having you around. I think it would feel empty if you weren't there." He says. Here goes nothing. "Can I tell you something" I asks shyly. "You can tell me anything anytime.. you know that. He says "I'm not sure what's going on but I defiantly got feelings going on. Just not sure what they mean. Just thought you should know." I say "I'm glad you told me because I've got the same thing going on with me." he says with a smile. I was so excited I jumped up into his embrace. "Wooh" he says as he stumbles backwards a bit. "Sorry" I say as I stand back up. "it's okay" he says with a bit of a laugh. "So What do we do now?" I ask him. "Well we will figure this out together as things go along just see where it takes us." He says as he takes my hand in his. 

AN: Hey guys this is that last part of Casey's Quarters. I hope you enjoyed it. I have two Brettsey questions for you guy.  

First question. If you could have anything happen with Brett and Casey in the first few episodes this season what would it be? I would love them to have a sweet kiss between them or haven them accidentally fall asleep on the couch together.   

Second question. Who would you want Sylvie's new partner to be? I would love them to bring in another female to the house. I feel they need more females.  But I don't want it to be Violet Lin from Firehouse 20. I like that shes an outside firehouse character. it give us different scenes of the CFD world.  

Also I will have another video up hopefully tomorrow. so be on the look out for that. As always feel free to vote, comment and leave suggestions.