Casey's Quarters Part 2

Casey's pov

I was walking through the halls when I saw Halsted coming through the doors. "Hey Man" I say as I reach him. "Hey is Brett here? I didn't see the ambo in the bay when I walked in. I wanted to talk to her about the case. We got some new info." Halsted says. "I'm glad you're here I was just about to call you on something that happened today. Brett's in my office I'll go get. Hang tight. We can talk in the conference room." I say as I walk off to go get Brett.

Brett's pov

I was lying down in Casey's quarters. This was not how I thought shift was going to go today. Boden Basically grounded me after my last call I was on. Kidd took my place on ambo for the rest of shift while we figure out what to do. I know they are just trying to keep me safe. Boden said he would call Halsted over to talk about it. "Hey Brett, wake up, Halsted is here he wants to talk. He says as he kneels down and gently wakes me. "huh what?" I say wincing in pain as I sit up. "You doing okay" he says in a concerned voice reaching for me. "just in pain I'll be fine I promise. Did you say Halsted was here." I say. "Yeah" he says "I guess Boden called him." I say "no um no he showed up on his own. Said he had to talk about the case. Something about new info he had. We also need to tell him what happened today on that call." He says. "Yeah I know" I say. "Come on lets go before he wonders where we are." He says getting ready to help me up. "Yeah just careful pulling me up." I say as he helps me off the bed. "Always" he says as we walk out to meet Halsted.

Brett's Pov

"Hey so I heard you wanted to talk?" I say to Halsted. "Yeah I do. Thanks Casey we got it from here." He says turning to Casey. I didn't want him to leave. "No don't go" I say quickly with a worried voice as I grabbed is hand to stop him from leaving. "If it's alright I'd really love for Casey to stay" I say "yeah no totally fine" Halsted says "Do you have news about the case?" I ask "yeah I do. So we wanted to let you know that the husband showed up to the hospital to find out how his wife was doing. She wasn't doing well. When he found out we had units there looking for him he ran again." he says. "Ah now that makes scenes" I say. "What makes scenes" Halsted asks me. "Tell him what happened on the call today." Casey says. "What happened" Halsted says. "Well umm um.." I try to say looking over at Casey. "It's okay go head. I'm right here." Casey says. He sees me nervously fiddling with my hands so he gently puts his hand on the small of my back. It instantly makes me feel more comfortable feeling his touch. "He somehow found out where my call was and came to it. He threatened me again ruffed me up a bit." I say with a shaky voice. "Are you okay? How come I wasn't notified" Halsted says. "I'm fine a couple bruises and some scrapes. Just mainly sore that's all. As for you not knowing Boden was about to call you just as you showed up." I say "are you sure your fine." He asks me "honestly no but as fine as I can be right now if that makes scenes." I say to him. "Yes it makes scenes to me." He says "so what are the next steps we need to take." Casey says. "Well for starters. I'm I want her off ambo. But still coming here for work. She is not to be alone." Halsted says. "Already done." Casey says "yeah Kidd is taking my spot." I say "also are you still staying at Casey's." Halsted says. "Yeah I'm still staying there." I say. "Good we will leave the undercover cops there watching your building. We also are setting up an undercover in the hospital just in case he comes back to check on his wife. She's posing as a nurse working only his room." Halsted says. " you really think he's going to show back up." I say "with the way he's been so far with his wife I believe so. It shouldn't be much longer till we catch the guy." he says to me. "I will do whatever it takes to keep me safe."I say "and she can stay as long as she need to and wants to at my place." Casey says "I better get back to the station. I will keep you guys update." Halsted says as his phone goes off. "Thanks" I say as Casey and I shake his hand before he leaves.

Casey's Pov

"So I think that went well and everything is heading in the right direction." I say "yeah I guess." She says sadly. "What's wrong I thought you were doing okay and that you were on board with Halsted and the plan that he wants to do." I say "it's just that he's still out there and I'm grateful that you are letting me stay with you. I am, But I'm feeling trapped. I can't seem to do anything on my own again. I can't even do my job. He's stopping me from doing my job Casey. I can't let him do that." She says almost in tears. "It's gonna be okay I'm not going to let anything happen to you." I say wishing I could take her pain away. "I feel like he's controlling my life. Look at me, who's gonna want me with all these's scars. I'm a mess." she says with tears as she leans/falls back against one of the tables. "Hey, hey, I grantee you that when the right one comes along, he won't see the scars. He will see the truly amazing woman that you have become. Just like I have seen. Come here I promise that you will always be safe with me." I say as reach out my hand and pull her into a hug and let her cry into my shoulder. "Promise" she sobs. My t-shirt may be all wet from her tears but for her it's okay I'll do anything to keep her safe. "I promise" I say pulling her in tighter.

AN: Hey guys Hope you enjoyed this one shot. Its part 2 of Casey's Quarters. There will be 4 parts in total. I'll have 2 more to post later on.  As always feel free to vote, Comment and Leave Suggestions.