Girlfriend in Fowlerton part 1

Casey's Pov

Severide and I are up on the roof having one of our usual roof top chats we have every so often. "So are you headed down to Fowlerton after shift?" He asks me. "Yeah since we have the weekend off I plan to spend the whole time down there." I say. "Is your girlfriend not working?" he asks "Her shifts end in the evening where ours end in the morning. So by the time I get up there she should be just getting off work unless she gets a call." I say. "She must be one heck of a girl to travel 3 hours to see." Severide says. "Yeah she amazing and it's hard not being able to see her since our schedules don't really match up. I'm just lucky we both have off." I say with a smile. "That's great man. It's funny how you had to travel over 7,000 miles to meet the girl you are going to marry, yet she only lives 3 hours from you." He says. "Yeah it is funny how I met her in Fiji surfing and she lives so close to me."I say "Does she even surf?" he asks me "Nope" I laugh "Then what was she doing there?"He asks. "It was a girl's weekend or was supposed to be until she met me, that is." I say with a laugh. You should have her come up here next time so we can officially meet her. You always seem to go down there." He tells me "yeah she's kinda shy at first. But I'll bring it up to her this weekend when I'm down there. How are things going with Kidd? I ask "they are going great. In fact I was wondering if when you get back if you would help me pick out a ring." He says. "Absolutely man, congratulations." I say with a smile as I pat him on the shoulder. "Thanks man. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her. He says with the biggest smile I've seen on him. Just as I was about to ask him another question the alarm went off. Ambo 61 Truck 81 Squad 3 Engine 51 Battalion 25 multiple car accident Eisenhower expressway on ramp to interstate 90. We rush down the ladder to the rigs and head out.

Brett's Pov

I was just pulling the rig back into the house when I see Casey standing there. He's leaning up against the brick wall talking with Morella. I love how he gets along with everyone here. "Hey you" he says to me with is gorgeous smile of his. "Hey just let me go change out and I'll be ready to go." I say back with a smile. "Take your time." He says to me. I go change out while he's talking with the guys on truck. I was on my way to change when I get pulled into the hallway. I give a light yelp. "So is that him. Tell me that's him. He's so cute. No wonder you fell for him." Veronica or V we all call her says to me. She's new to this firehouse. It's nice to have another female around. "Yes that him" I say "and you guys met in Fiji. Wow what a romantic story and he's only 3 hours from you." She says "Well when it's meant to be love finds away to connect us." I say with a smile as V walks off. I finish changing out and head back to Matt. I see that he is now standing alone by his truck. "I need a proper hello now that everyone is gone" I say to him. "I was just thinking the same thing. Come here. He says pulling me in for a kiss. "That better?" he asks me. "Well I haven't seen you in two weeks." I say so he leans down and kisses me again. How about that?" he says pulling away with a smile. "Much better." I say "Come on lets go home." He says as we get in the truck and head to my place. I own this quaint little farmhouse on the opposite side of town. When we got home Matt helped me out of the truck. He grabs his bags and we head inside. I was thinking about making you dinner." He says. "What did you plan on making? I ask "I was thinking my famous pizza brought all the ingredients up with me just in case you were out of them." He says to me. "Sounds great I love your pizza." I say as we start to get to work.

Casey's pov

I noticed as Sylvie and I were making the pizza she seemed a bit distracted. "So how was your shift? I ask her but she doesn't respond. So I ask her again. "huh what you say something? She asks "yeah how was shift?" I say. "Oh um... It was good extremely slow. We only had two calls." She says. She sounds miles away even though she's standing right next to me. "How was your shift?" she asks me back. "it was good truck had about 12 calls and the total for the whole house was 23. It was a busy day" I say as we put the pizza in the oven. "it smells so good. I can't wait to dig in" she says with a bit more perk in her voice. About 10 minutes later the pizza is done and we sit down and eat. While we are eating we make small talk. She still seems distant to me. But I just push it to the back of my mind. "Hey I got us a movie to watch" she says as we finish cleaning up. "Movie sounds great." I say as we get comfy and curl up in the couch together. Once the movie ends it pretty late. She had fallen asleep on me. So I scooped her up and we went to sleep in her room. The rest of the weekend was spent taking walks, eating out and curled up watching movies till she fell asleep on me. It was an amazing weekend. I had just packed up my stuff. I walk out to the main room and see Sylvie looking sad. I walk over and put my stuff down by counter. As I dropped my stuff down she ran straight into my arms hugging me looking like she's about to cry. "Hey what's wrong?" I ask pulling her back so I can see her face. "I just wish you didn't have to leave so soon. I've missed you, more than ever this week. It's hard not seeing you every day." She says "I've missed you too more than you know."I say pulling her back in for a hug. I just hold her there while I lean my back against the kitchen counter. "Hey I have an idea we each still have a lot of furlough. What if we each take a week stay at each other's place? We would still work when the other visits but at least we would see each other more. What do you say?" I say to her as she still has her head on my chest. "I love that idea. I'm sure my chief won't mind me gone a week." she says. "Perfect so whose place first yours or mine?" I say with a smile. "Let's do yours since you were here all weekend. Plus I think it's time I get to meet all the wonderful people you keep talking about." She says as she gets on her tiptoes to kiss me. I kiss her back. "Hey I got to go if I don't wanna hit traffic. I don't wanna get home to late since I have shift tomorrow."I say. "Okay, I, guess, you, can, leave" she says as she kisses me between each word. "As much as I love kissing you I really do have to go. I promise we will be together all next week in Chicago." I say "promise" she says "promise" I say as I kiss her just a little longer one last time before I head home for Chicago. 

AN: Hey guys. Hope you liked this one shot. There are at least 3 more chapters to it. Let me know what you think of it. I'm hoping filming will start soon to maybe get some behind the scenes of Brettsey. As always feel free to Vote, Comment and Leave suggestion.