Girlfriend in Fowlerton Part 4

Sylvie's Pov

"Hey so I was thinking we could do breakfast in bed tomorrow. I really wanted to make you something special." He says "I'll take special from you anytime" I say getting up on my tiptoes for a kiss. "Great" he says with a smile. "what did you have in mind?" I ask him. "ah that is part of the surprise." he says "so I guess that means I can't help." I ask. "Nope tomorrow is all about you." He says leaning down to kiss me. "umm I think I can get on board with a day all about me." I say with a smile as I wrap my arms round Matt. "Good because you deserve it. No we can either go to bed now or we could play a game of Scrabble if you dare to lose again." he says. "ha-ha if I recall the last time we played I won." I say giving him a poke with my finger. "Well then we will just have to play again." he says as he takes out the game from my book shelf. "You're on sucker" I say as I plop myself on my bed. We always play this game on the bed while there is a movie going on in the back. "hey I was thinking for the movie we could put on The Proposal with Sandra Bullock. I really like that movie its so funny and romantic plus I've seen it like a thousand times that I won't need to pay much attention to it while we play." I say "yeah that sounds great. Whatever movie you want is fine with me." he says as he sets everything up. "we are a almost to the end of the game. Casey is winning for now but I have the best word to put down. "so what's your move Sylvie" he says "ha-ha I have the best word ever be prepared to lose. Zipping that's 72 points on a double letter and a triple word. Plus I've used all my tiles that another 50 points. If I've added correctly I believe that's 122 points" I say gloating. "How, what, why. That's not fair." He stumbles. "I guess that just makes me the better player" I say with a flirty smile. "Sure I'll let you have that title for now but I will win it back one of theses days." He says as he flirts back. I end up winning the game by a 115 points. "I'm sorry you lost. I'll make it up to you." I say crawling across the bed to kiss him. "I guess I should lose more often" he teases as he kisses me back. We end up falling asleep shortly that.

Casey's Pov

I wake up to see Sylvie lying on my chest. She looked so peaceful sleeping there. I couldn't wait for breakfast. I was going to propose to her. I had this amazing idea on how I wanted to do it. I needed to get started on everything. So I kissed the top of her head and gently moved her off me onto the bed. I whispered that I would be back and gave her another kiss before I covered her up. I was in the kitchen making breakfast for us. I almost burnt the pancakes I was so nervous. I open the box with the special coffee cup I had made for this occasion. I has the words Marry me? at the bottom of the mug for when she finishes the drink. I walk over the coffee maker and full up the mug. My hands were trembling I spilt some of the coffee. I clean it up and put the food on the tray to take up to the bedroom. I had made her favorite chocolate chips pancakes with whipped cream on top, bacon and fruit on the side with coffee and a single rose sitting in a vase. I walk into the room to see Sylvie propped up in bed. "Morning sweetheart." I say as I place the tray down on the bed and lean into kiss her. "mmmm morning it smells great." She says. "I hope you like its all of your favorites." I say with a smile as I hop back in the bed with her. I wait to hand her the coffee as I want to wait till after breakfast to ask her. "Hey no coffee?" she asks "coffee is really hot accidently made it too hot. Sorry you can have it in a bit." I say trying to sound convincing. "Oh wow these pancakes are amazing. And the bacon is done just right not to crispy and not to chewy." She says. "Well I'm glad you like it." I say as I take a bite from my plate. I can't stop smiling. I'm so happy. "What's with that smile? You haven't stopped smile all morning." She says as she playfully leans into me. "What I can't be happy" I laugh. "Nothing wrong with it. I'm kinda liking this new side of Matthew Casey. Your smile is the most amazing smile ever don't you dare lose it. She says smiling back at me. "Here I think the coffee is cooled off" I say. As I reach behind me to grab her mug I secretly grab the box that had the ring in it. I discreetly slide it under the covers so she doesn't see it and hand her, her coffee. "Thanks this is great." she says as she takes a sip. We chat a bit more as we sip our coffee when I notice that she is on her last sip I position myself so that I can get on one knee. "What's this at the bottom of my Mug?" she asks as she reads it out loud "Marry me? Wow oh wow Matt she says as she looks up. I'm now down on one knee on the bed. "Sylvie Brett Will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me." I ask as I have the ring box propped open. "yes a thousand times yes" she says as she lurches into my arms and we kiss. "Here let me put the ring on." I say as I pull it out of the box. "Matt this is my grandmother's ring how in the world did you get it." She says on the verge of tears as I slip it on her finger. "So the other day when you wanted me to hang at the firehouse with you, I was actually meeting with your dad asking for his permission and going to a jeweler in the next town over to get it resized." I say "I hope you like it I know how much she meant to you." I say "I love it and I love you." She says leaning in to kiss me. "I love you too." I say We spend the rest of the morning in bed cuddling and talking about what should happen next. "Where would we live? I can't commute from Chicago to here I'll have to look for another job. I'll have to sell my house." She says "Isn't the house paid for why" I ask "yeah it is why." Why not keep it and use it as a getaway we would even rent in out as an air B and B to make a little extra cash on the side." I say "Oh I like that idea. A getaway place." She says. "And as for the job, I might have a solution to that. 51 has been having a lot of paramedic reliefs on ambo. No one really seems to fit with the house. Boden has seen you in action. And you and Shay seemed to work well together. I bet I can pull some strings to get you a permanent spot on 61 if you would like. You would have to do some academy training but I bet you would ace it." I say "would that be a problem with us getting married." She asks "nope since I am not your boss and if we keep it professional it will be fine. I've already talked to Boden about it. He's on board if you are." I say with a smile "then I'm all on board this is so great." She says leaning into me. I wrap my arms around her and give her a hug. 

AN: Hey guys. Hope you like this chapter. If I were to continue this storyline what would you like the next part to be about? I have another one shot coming to you Sunday. As always feel free to Vote, Comment and Leave Suggestions.