I'm Scared

Sylvie's pov

"Casey, Casey" I scream in pain. A nurse runs into​ my hospital room. "Hey honey are you in pain?" the nurse asks. I nod trying not to cry. "It's okay we are going to manage your pain. I want you to rest now." she says to me giving me some pain meds through my IV. "I'm scared so scared. I want Casey. Someone find me Casey please" I plead as tears run down my face. Maggie walks in hearing I'm in distress. "Casey on a call honey." Maggie says "I don't care please ​you have to get him. I need him." I say in tears. I see Maggie motion the other nurse outside the room. I can barely hear what they are saying."How's she doing? Maggie asks the other nurse. "Not well the nurse says. She's gone downhill since this morning it's not looking good." She says. "we need to get a hold of Casey right now" Maggie says. "I'll call his cell" the nurse says. But she can't get a hold of him. "hes not picking up" she says "I'll call boden." Maggie says as the other nurse comes back into my room. "Let me see if I can get Casey for you. Honey. We're trying to track him down." The nurse says. Just as she's about to adjust my fluids I throw up everywhere. Nat comes rushing in as she hears me. "Lets get you cleaned up" she says to me. "I want Matt" I cry "I know honey. I know." She says as she helps clean me up.

Bodens pov

I was sitting at my desk when I got a call from Maggie at MED. "hello Maggie. What can I do for you? How's our girl doing today? I ask her. That's what I'm calling about. Is Matt around I can't seem to reach him on his cell? She says. "he's on a call. Is there something I can do for you in the mean time?" I ask her. "I know he's on a call but Well the best thing would be to get Matt down her ASAP it's not looking good. I'm sorry." She says to me. "All right I will go to where he's at and relieve him for the rest of shift." I say as I hang up with her and rush out to my buggy.

Casey's Pov

We had been on scene for almost over an hour. I was so busy I didn't even notice my phone had been going off like crazy. I was just about to reenter the building when I saw Chiefs buggy speeding our way then slam on the breaks. He hops out really fast and has a worried look on his face. "Casey don't go in" he yells. " what why not what's wrong?" I ask. It's your wife the hospital has been trying to call you. You need to go now" he says " I don't have anyone to relieve me or anyway to get there." I say in a panic. "I came to relieve you. Take my buggy. Here go now and fast." He says tossing his keys to me. I drop my oxygen tank and take off to the hospital. I drive way faster than I should but I need to get to my wife. If chief shows up to relieve me it's gotta be bad. I pray I make it in time. I don't even bother to park right I just roll up, put it in park and hop out. I run in as fast as I can. So fast I almost knocked  over Maggie. "Slow down" Maggie says as she catches up to me. "How bad is she?" I ask scared. "Not looking good. She's in a lot of pain worse than this morning. She keeps asking for you. We gave her a little more pain meds to try and help" she says. "Thanks mags" I say as I run off even faster with the sound of my boots echoing down the hall. I'm there in record time to her room. They were right she's not doing well at all. She looks very pale and so frail. "Casey" she barely manages to say. As she sees me in the doorway. "I'm right here." I say walking over and taking her hand in mine. "I'm not going anywhere. We are going to win this." I say trying not to cry. "I don't wanna lose you." She cries "you won't. Love concurs all. We will get through this." I say leaning my forehead on hers. I see her heart rate start to spike and she's having trouble breathing. "Babe, try to steady your heart rate. We don't want to get it to fast. Just take a few deep breaths" I say. I....I'll tr...try. She says with trouble breathing. I don't like how her breathing is. It's been 5 minutes and it seems to be getting worse. Her machine now starts beeping indicating her oxygen levels are getting to low. A team of nurses rushes in. "we need to get oxygen on you." One of them says to Sylvie. Another one gently pulls me back away from Sylvie. "Nooooo" Sylvie starts to cry as she's reaching for me with her hands. "you have to wear the oxygen mask" one of the nurses says. Sylvie starts to thrash around and fighting the nurses. I step in to help her. "It's okay I've got it. I'll get her to put the oxygen on." I tell the nurses. "You better" the nurse says handing me the mask as she leaves. I walk over to the side of the bed. Babe you have to wear this mask. I know you hate it but you need it right now." I say as I put the mask on her. I start to walk away when she grabs me by the arm. "Don't go. Lay with me." She says taking of the mask to talk better. "I'm just going to turn the lights off I'm not going anywhere." I say as I put the mask back on her then go turn out the lights. As I go back to the bed I take off my turnout coat, boots and lower my red suspenders so they are now hanging round my waist. I see that Sylvie looks so sad and scared. I climb in bed next to her and carefully wrap my arms around her. Trying not to make her hurt anymore than she already is. She clings on to my shirt like her life depends on it. It doesn't take long for her breathing to normalize so I allow her to take the mask off. "I'm scared. I'm so scared "she says crying as she clings to me even harder. Her body is shaking. "I know sweetheart I know." I say as I pull her close to me and kiss her. "Let's get some rest we both could use it" I say "you'll be here when I wake." She asks "yes sweetheart. Boden gave me the rest of the day off to be with you. I'm not going anywhere I promise. Let's rest" I say as I kiss her forehead and she slowly drifts off to sleep in my arms.

AN: Hey guys sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life got busy but I think its slowing down now. I hope you enjoyed this story. Feel free to vote and comment. I will try and do an update this weekend sometime or Monday.