Somethings off

Casey's povI was sitting in my office when the bells went off for 61. I saw Sylvie run by and as she ran by our eyes locked just for a second. And In that second everything was said. But something pulled at me to go after her. I catch up to her just as she's getting in the rig. "Be safe. Something seems off to me " I say quickly "I'll be okay it's just a routine call." She says giving my hand a squeeze before driving off. As I watch the Ambo leave I get a feeling in my stomach that something is really off. I reminded myself that it's just a routine call for them to transport an elderly man for a run to med. So I walk back in to finish my paperwork.

Sylvie's povI'm at my locker grabbing something when the bells go off. I run past Matt's office and our eyes lock. It's been great with us ever since we told each other how we felt. I couldn't be more happy. Just as I'm getting into the rig when I see Matt running up behind me. He has a look of worry in his eyes. I reassure him everything will be okay. We pull up to the house and nock on the door. But there is no answer. "61 to main" I say over my radio. "main to 61. Go ahead." They say over the radio. "can you confirm the address again. No one is answering." I say. "You are definitely in the correct spot" I hear them say. "Thanks. Will take another look around." I say. "I'll check around back" violet says. "I'll try the door again" I say as she walks to the backyard. "Brett back here." Violet yells to me. I rush back with the jump bag. "What do we got?" I ask as I lean down next to the man. "this is odd he's extremely cold. How is he cold on an 80 degree day. Wait he's got no pluses." She says "this can't be our guy he's to young to be the elderly man we are supposed to transport. Like way to young." I say with confusion. "Well what should we do?" Violet asks. "You will do absolutely nothing" a man says walking out from the shed. "Who are you" I ask "you don't need to know that." He says "I need to know what's going on and I need to know your.....

Violet's pov Brett doesn't even finish what she's saying before she get hit. "Brett" I scream as she fell to the ground. "Don't say a word" the man says to me. I start to move and grab the jump bag to help Brett but get stopped. "Ah wait" the man says looking around. "Pick her up and the both of you get in the shed." He says "She's hurt. I need to bandage up the wound or she'll bleed out." I say. "To bad now give me the keys to the ambulance. Or you'll be next." He says. So I toss over the keys. He turns to leave but just as he's about to he stops and turns towards me. "Phone and radio now" he says. Here take them just don't hurt us anymore." I say. "Her's too let's go let's go" the man yells. I hand over her radio. "Now her phone." He says. I scramble around looking for her phone. I found it and was about to text when I hear commotion. "Faster" the man yells. "I'm looking I don't know where she keeps it." I say lying to him. I was able to text half a message to a random person in the house. I don't even know who I texted. All I was able to get out was hel. "Here I got it" I say handing it over. I see him leave and hear him lock the shed door. The shed is very small and is sealed tightly. "Brett you have to wake up. Come on Brett" I say to her as I gently shake her. She moans for a second before she's out again. I look around for something to stop the bleeding. I manage to find a rag. I rip it into strips and tie them together. I then wrap it around her head.

Casey's pov61s been gone a while. Odd they are not back. I didn't hear that they got another call. Something doesn't seem right. Just as I'm about to walk over to the tower to contact main I get stopped by Severide. " Hey what's your girlfriend doing texting me." He says holding up his phone. "What, what do you mean. What does it say." I ask confused "All it says is hel" Severide says showing him the text. "I got a bad feeling. Main this is captain Casey can I get a location on our Ambo 61." I say. "yes one second. This is odd last location is 281 north amber st. Their last call but now the location is showing way on the other side of the city where they wouldn't go." Main says "thanks I'll take my company to their last location and see if we can find anything. In the meantime can you send police to track down the ambo." I asks them. "Yes we will do that." Main says "81 round up we are going for a drive" I say frantically. "I'll let Boden know what's going on" Severide says. "Thanks man" I say. "what's going on captain. What's the rush" gallow says. "Somethings up with ambo we are checking out their last location. Lets go" I say frustrated as people weren't moving fat enough for me.

Violets povI knew we needed to get out of here. I tried yelling but it was no use. I felt around the shed and noticed the door was made of wood. When I pushed on it, it gave a bit. So I decided to try and kick my way through. I managed to kick a hole in the door with my foot. I just kept kicking until the hole was big enough. "Brett I'm gonna get us out of here. I promise." I say. I go over and check her vitals. Her pulse is very weak, she's getting cold and pale looking. I knew I didn't have long. I picked her up and careful got her through the hole I created. I looked around to see if I could find anything or anyone. But nothing. So I picked up Brett and carried her out front and over to the next house. I knocked on the door frantically screaming for help. But no one came. So I moved on to the next house. At this point you could see a trail of blood on the ground. Brett was getting heavy but I kept on going House to house. Finally on the fifth house some one answered. " I need your phone" I yell. "Oh my! Here set her down I'll call 911." The lady said as she saw us walk up to her outside. "No I'll do it." I say frantically as she hands me the phone. "911 what's your emergency" the lady says. I recognize the voice immediately. "Jessica this is foster from 61. My PIC is injured Badly in the head. she's out cold. Weak pulse. Address is 295 north amber st." Send ambo and police to our location we were attached." I say "on its way hold tight. She says. "Hold on Brett helps on it's way. You gotta stay with me." I say to her. The ambo arrives 8 minutes later. Just as they were talking out there equipment I see 81 roll up.

Casey's pov.We pull up to ambos last location. I see an ambulance parked in front of us a few houses up. I run down the sidewalk noticing the blood trail. I see violet standing over Brett with the other paramedics. "Brett, Brett"I yell. "Casey let them work." Foster says trying to stop me from getting to her. But I'm to strong for her. "Sweetheart you gotta wake up." I say kneeling by her side. I take her hand and give it a squeeze. "We got to go now" one of the paramedics says "I'm going with and do you dare argue with me." I say to the paramedics as they load up and head to med. Once at med they wouldn't let me back in the room to see her. She was immediately taken back to surgery. I paced the waiting room back and forth while the rest of 51 filled in. People came up to asks me what was going on but I was so numb I couldn't speak. Thankful Severide was able to tell them. I waited 3 hours till someone came out to talk to us. It felt like the longest 3 hours of my life. "she's currently in a comma due to the head injury." doctor Garret says. "when will she wake up" I ask. "we aren't sure. Hopefully soon. The next 24 will tell us a lot." He says "I can see her. I need to see her." I say "one at a time I don't wanna to overwhelm her." He says. I made a quick trip to see her then let the rest of 51 see her before going back in to stay. I pulled up a chair next to her and took her hand in mine. Everyone else had gone home. Its now almost 9pm when I look at my phone I must have drifted off to sleep. I see that Sylvie is still out. "Please come back to me come back don't leave me." I plead with tears coming down my face. I hear the door to the room open. "I'm sorry sir but visiting hours are over." A nurse says but I don't say anything I just keep holding her hand. "Sir sir it's time to leave visiting hours are over." The nurses says again. "I'm not leaving her." I say with out looking up. "Sir visiting hours are over you can come back tomorrow at 7 am. Don't make me call security." The nurse says with a bit more frustration. "I'm not leaving. You can call security but I'm not leaving her." I say almost yelling. "Hey what's going on in here." doctor manning says as she sticks her head in to see what's happening. "It's after visiting hours and he's not leaving." The nurse says. "It's okay he's fine. He's a good friend of all of us here. He a firefighter. He's good to stay as long as he wants. Goodwin says it's okay. " doctor manning says. "Thank you Natalie" I say looking at her. Once they both leave I go back to holding Sylvie's hand waiting for her to wake up. 

AN Hey guys I was finally able to get this story posted. Work life has been crazy and getting crazier. I've started the next one shot and work in it when ever i get a minute or two to do so. As always feel free to vote comment and leave suggestions.