Stayed All Night

Violets pov

So I was thinking we should totally have a girls night out." Brett says "yeah that would be amazing I could use a stress free night." I say. "Yeah I feel you there. hey can you give me the backboard to put away" Brett says "Yeah sure here you go I'm going to go grab the stretcher." I say to her as I hand her the backboard. As I was coming back with the stretcher I ask Brett a question but didn't get an answer. "Brett Brett" still nothing. Just as I round the corner of the ambo I see Brett lying on the ground. "Brett!!!" I yell running to her side. But she doesn't answer. "main to 61 we have a paramedic down" I yell into my radio. I asses the situation and determine that she is still breathing. I work on stabilizing her head Incase she has a spinal injury. "61 to main we are sending out another ambo to you location." I hear them say back. "61 this is Tower. What is happening" tower says. I recognize the voice a Casey's. "Captain Brett is out not sure what happened one moment she and I are talking then I went to grab the stretcher I come back and she's passed out on the ground." I say as I keep an eye on Brett. "Is she's breathing" he asks "yes I got to go the ambo is here." I say "okay we will meet you at med." He says. "Violet what do we got" bellno says "I walked away just for a second. Came back to find her passed out not sue how it happened." I say "how was she acting before she passed out" Evenson asks. "She seemed fine. Talking like normal. Nothing seemed off to me." I tell her. "Alright let's load her and take her to med." Bellno says. I help the load Brett into the back of their ambo. I then hop in my rig and meet them there.

Casey's pov

I was walking by the tower when I heard the radio go off with violet's voice. "61 this is Tower. What is happening" I say with a concerned voice. "Captain, Brett is out not sure what happened one moment she and I are talking then I went to grab the stretcher I come back and she's passed out on the ground." She says. "Is she's breathing" I ask "yes I got to go the ambo is here." She says "okay we will meet you at med." I say. Rush past everyone in the common room to get to Boden's office. "What's up captain. Slow down?" Gallo asks me but I just keep going. "Casey what can I do for you?" Boden asks as rush up to his door. "It's Brett they are taking her to med. She apparently passed out when cleaning up from their last call. Permission to go to med to Check on her." I ask "Granted, we will all go. Let Everyone know." He says "thank you chief." I say as I rush back out to the common room. "Everybody listen up. We are heading to med. Brett's been taken there. She apparently is passed out on her last call. So let's go support one of our own." I say with a bit of a shaky voice. I can't lose her. She's everything to me. I feel so dumb not telling her how I feel. It take us 10 mins to get to MED. "Any news on a Sylvie Brett" I ask the lady at the desk. "Relationship to her" she asks without looking up. "we work together. She's a paramedic on 61." I say "let me look it up. Go sit and I will give you info in a bit." She says still not looking up from her computer. I walk away a bit frustrated. "How you holding up" Severide asks me. "No on will give me any info" I say "that's not what I asked" he says "I'm a wreck is that what you want to hear. The girl I love is in the hospital and I haven't told her." I say trying not to be to loud about it. I don't want anyone else to hear. "Brett's an fighter she will be just fine." Severide says giving me a pat on the back. I go and try to sit down to wait for info but I can't sit still. It's now been over an hour with no news. I head back up to the desk and a new lady is sitting there. "Um hi I was wondering if I can get an update on a Sylvie Brett. She's a paramedic where I work. Another lady said she would get me info but that was an hour ago." I say trying to be calm. "Sure one moment.... You said the name is Sylvie Brett" she asks me. "yes that's her." I say "says here she came in unconscious." She says looking up from her computer. "looks like there hasn't been an update since she was brought in but let me grab the doctor and he'll be glad to give you an update. Just hang tight right here. I'll be right back." She says getting up from her desk. "Got any news" Severide asks walking up to me. "This nice lady is getting the doctor for me." I say "keep us updated" he says as heads back to the rest of the group. "Hi I'm Dr. Dixon. Are you here for Sylvie Brett" he asks "yes we all are" I say pointing to the the rest of 51. Anything you can tell me would be great." I say. "Well Ms. Brett is resting at the moment she woke up about 10 minutes ago." He says "do we know why she passed out?" I ask. "Unfortunately we are still working on that. She is currently sleeping." The doctor says. "Can I see her?" I ask. "we'd really like her to keep sleeping" he says "I promise I won't make a sound. She will stay asleep. I Just need to be near her right now." I say. "alright you can stay." He says Thank you. You won't even know I'm there." I say with a smile. 'Follow me." He says "one second" I say rushing back to o the group. "Any news" she's resting right now. They don't know what caused it but they are letting me stay with her I'll keep you guys updated I got to go. Stella your in charge of 81" I say running back to the doctor.

Brett's POV

I wake up to machines beeping. I look around the room and see I'm still in a hospital room. I was hoping it was a dream. But I guess not. I notice Casey next to the bed in a reclining chair. I smile at the sight. I try not to wake him as I adjust myself in the bed. "Morning" he says stirring from the chair. "Morning. Did you stay here the entire night?" I ask him. "Yeah my best friend and Best paramedic get injured I'm not leaving their side." He says with a smile as he gets up from his chair. "Matt you didn't have to." I say "As your captain it's my duty to look out for you but as a friend it's my choice to and I choose to be by your side no matter what happens." He says giving my hand a squeeze. "You really are the best" I say squeezing his hand back. "I don't know what I would have done If I lost you" he says moving to take a seat on the edge of the bed. "well you haven't lost me. I'm not going anywhere." I say staring at him. "there's been a conversation I've been wanting to have with you for a while now. And I never seem to find the time. I try and I just can't get it out." He says. "Well we are alone now. So talk. You know you can tell me anything right." I say giving his hand another squeeze. "That I do. It's one thing I like about you. Your so easy to talk to. We communicate so we'll with each other. I never thought in a million years I could be happy again. Truly happy. You broke down a wall that I didn't even know I had built up. I believe we have something great here. You're it for me. I'm done searching. I found my forever. And I think you found it too." He says with a smile. "Well you would be correct. I have found my forever. I just never thought in a million years he would feel the same." I say trying to lean up for a kiss but make a groaning noise of pain instead. I try again but fall back down on the bed. "Urg" I say defeated. "Get some rest I'll be here when you wake up." He says getting the hint I wanted to kiss. So he leans down and presses a kiss to my lips. It was perfect. "Never doubted for a second that you'd leave." I say smiling against his lips. 

AN: Hey guys. Hope you enjoy this one shot. I'm trying to write another one with a married Matt in the hospital. I have a few ideas on it. but feel free to leave something you might want to see written in it and it might show up. I will try my hardest to post it next weekend but this  week is really busy with work so we will see. As always feel free to Vote, Comment and Leave a Suggestion.