Play Nice Now

Casey's pov
I head to shift early. I wanna make sure I'm there before the candidate Arrives. I get there and Herrmann is all ready there. "Hey where's Sylvie, she always comes in with you?" He say. "Oh she had to take Spence to the doctors he wasn't feeling good. He had a slight fever last night so chief let Sylvie off today. She'll be back next shift." I say as the rest of the house trickles in. I go to the locker room and drop my stuff off. I then head to the common room to grab some coffee. Much needed coffee Spence kept me up most of the night. Sylvie tried to let me sleep but all my son wanted was me. So I fill my cup up and take a set at the table and wait for the new candidate. As I take a seat my phone buzzes with a video call. "hey buddy" I say as I pick it up. "daddy home" he says "daddy's at work remember." I hear Sylvie says. "Yeah, daddy's here at work remember. But I'll be home tomorrow morning. How are you feeling." I ask him. "Not good." He says with a sad voice. "well I hope you feel better after your appointment. I've got to go buddy. I love you." I say "love too" he says. "keep that badge off the wall please." Sylvie says. Just as I'm saying goodbye a new person walks into the common room. "Will do Love you." I say as I hang up.

Rachel Burke
I walk into the common room I walk up to a man in a white shirt who's ending a phone call. "Hi I'm looking for a Captain Casey." I say. "I'm Captain Casey what can I do for you?" He asks. "Hi Captain, I'm Rachel Burke your new candidate on truck 81. It's nice to meet you." I say shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you. Let me introduce you to everyone and meet the chief." he says. After I meet everyone he takes me on a tour of the house. Just as we finish the alarm goes off. Ambulance 61 Truck 81 squad 3 warehouse fire. 6282 Franklin Dr. "Let's see what you got candidate." Casey says as he runs off. Man he looks hot. I think as I run off to the rig and hop in.

Casey's POV
We get on scene and find the Warehouse in smoke. I give orders to my men. "Stella, Gallo search the second floor. Otis, Mouch up the aerial to vent. Burke you're with me you stay on my hip at all times got that." I say. "Got it Captain. She says to me. "Alright men head in" I say

Burks pov
We go in and search room by room. I stay on his hip at all times just like he wants. I want to prove that I can do this job. "Over her Burke. Help me move this beam off his leg." Captain Casey says. I help move the beam off the man. He's barely breathing so we get him up and take him out to the ambo. "Alright we are heading back in." he says to me but I don't move. I just stare at how good he looks in his turnout gear. "Candidate on my hip" he says to me but I don't move. "Candidate what did I say! On my hip!" he yells coming up to me. "on it sorry captain. Won't happen again." I say as we head back in. Once we are done at the scene we head back to the firehouse. On the way back I can't help but think how hot Casey's is

Casey's pov
The rig pulls back in and we hop out. "First fire went okay just remember to stay on my hip. Other than that I think you'll fit in well here. It's almost time for lunch. Our rule in the house is that candidate cooks all the meals." I say. "Thank you Captain. I will get started on lunch soon. I'm an okay cook so I hope you'll enjoy" she says. "As long as you're better then Cruz You'll be fine." I say laughing. "He's that bad a cook?" She asks "you could say that our dog won't even eat it. Excuse me I have to take care of something." I say as I walk to my office. I was only in my office about 10 minutes when I hear a knock on my door. "come in" I say as I look up. "Hey captain I wanted to ask you what you might like for lunch." Burke asks me "I'll eat whatever you cook." I say as she starts to stand closer to me. "Well I want you to enjoy what you are eating. So what's your favorite meal." She asks placing a hand on my shoulder. I step out of her touch. "Don't have a favorite." I say lying to her. Only my wife knows my favorite. Just as she was about to speak again I see a little one running. "daddy, daddy." Spence says. "hey buddy how you feeling" I say picking him up as he runs past burke. "icky." He says to me. "where's mommy?" I asks "Mommy is right here." Sylvie says as she round the corner. "hey babe" I say "um I better go get started on Lunch. I'll come get you when it's done" Burke says brushing her hand over my shoulder again. "hey, who was she?" Sylvie asks me. "ah that was the new candidate. Not a fan so far. I think she has a thing for me." I say "Well can you blame her. You are hot. She just better not get any ideas. I think I might just stay for lunch and get to know her." She says with a laugh. "play nice now" I say. "oh I will." She says with a mischievous smile. "How was Spence's appointment" I ask. "It was good he's just got a virus of some sort. They said he should be fine. His fever is gone. But they said if it comes back to take him to the ER." She says "I'm glad he's doing better. How are you?" I ask "Besides missing you all day I'm good." She says leaning in to kiss me. "daddy go to truck." Spence says to me. "yes buddy we can go check out daddy's truck." I say as we walk out to the truck and on the way there I tell burke to make sure there is enough food for two more people. About 15 minutes later lunch is done.

Sylvie's pov

We grab our plates of macaroni and cheese. I get Spence a plate and sit him next to Matt's seat. I then go and grab my plate. Just as I'm about to sit next to Matt the new candidate takes my place. So I take the next best place to sit. Right in Matt's lap. "oh oaky" he says a bit startled. "What I can't enjoy a meal with my husband." I say looking at Burke. "Nope this is great I've missed you. so I will take any time I can get with you." He says turning my face with his hands so he can kiss me. "Well you will get to see me all you want next shift." I say "next shift?" burke questions me. "Oh yeah I forgot to introduce you. This is my wife Sylvie Brett-Casey. She's the PIC on 61." He says with a smile. "PIC oh" she says shocked. " Yep I'm the PIC on 61. So get use to seeing me around a lot." I say with a smile. "I'm gonna um I got to um um check on um something." She says with a fumbling voice. "See I played nice." I say taking another bite of food. "yes you did." He says with a laugh. "Mommy I'm tired." Spence says "you can rest in my office buddy" matt says. "thanks but I have things to do at home and Id like him to nap there. Walk us out." I say knowing that burke was out there.  I take Matt by the hand and we walk out to the app floor. "Bye buddy sleep tight." He says giving his son a kiss goodbye. "I'll see you in the AM." I say as I give him a kiss that last a bit longer than usual as I see burke standing by the door. "Jealousy looks good on you." Matt says kissing me one last time before I head to the car with Spence.

AN: Hey Guys. New one shot. Hope you enjoy it. Sorry its been a while since I've uploaded. I haven't been feeling the best the last few weeks. I finally found a bit of energy to get this uploaded. Hoping I can keep this energy and upload another one soon.