Anyone seen Brett?

Casey's POV

"Hey Casey you seen Brett this morning? I can't find her." Foster says. "You mean she not here yet" I ask a little shocked. "yeah I can't find her anywhere and I don't see her car out front." She says. "That's odd I had breakfast with her before for shift. Have you tried calling her. "I ask. "Yeah goes straight to voicemail. It's not like her to be late. She's never late." She says with a worried voice. "Let me give her a call. Just voicemail. (Hey babe it's me give me a call when you get this shift is starting and foster and I are worried you're not here.) Call the off duty PIC to put you out of service." I say. "Thanks Casey" she says "In the meantime let's go loop in Boden." I say to her. We walk to Boden's office and knock on the door. "Come in you two. What can I do for you" he says "we want to let you know that Brett hasn't shown up yet. I had breakfast with her before shift. She should have been right behind me. We've called but it goes to voicemail." I say trying to keep it together. "Casey told me to call the off duty PIC." Foster says. "Hold off on that. Casey can you spare kidd today." He asks me. "Sure can Chief."I say back. "Great let me know if you hear for Brett." He says. Just as I was about to leave Boden's office to tell kidd the alarm went off. ambulance 61 Truck 81 Engine 51 Squad 3 Battalion 25 multi vehicle accident 32 west main st.

We run out to the rigs. "Kidd I need you on ambo I'll explain later" I tell her be for she puts on her gear. "You got it Captain" she says as she runs over to the ambo. We reach the scene in about 10 minutes. It's a 4 car pileup with an 18 wheeler on its side. I start giving my men orders while I assess the situation. "Casey!!!" I hear Otis yell. "What is it" I yell back. As I'm running over I immediately recognize the car. How did I miss it. "Chief!! it's Brett's car." I radio over. "Otis tell me how bad is she." I say to him as I'm still running. "She out cold. Still breathing. Got a good gash on the forehead. She looks pinned in there pretty good." Otis says. I reach her and see her lying slumped over the steering wheel. I freeze for just a second before Otis snaps me out of it. "Captain" I hear him yell at me. "Yeah get the jaws Otis. Foster I need. Backboard and c collar now." I say over my radio. "Okay Captain. Coming to you." She responds. It felt like an eternity trying to free Brett. We got the door off but her leg was pinned in under the steering wheel. "Hand me the jack we need to push the steering wheel up off her leg." I say. Otis hands me the jack while foster puts on a c collar on her so once she's free we can get her out fast. "alright she's good to go on the backboard." I say. "Alright let's move her nice and easy on three. One two three." foster says. Once we out here on the backboard she woke up just for a second. "Ma...Matt..." I hear her say. "I'm right here. You're going to be okay" I say holding her hand trying to keep myself from breaking down. "Ma.." I hear her say one last time before she passes out again. "We need to load her fast. Captain you coming with us?" Kidd asks as they load her Into the back of the ambo. I look over at chief he nods in approval. "Thanks Chief" I yell back. "We will meet you there after clean up." He says as the ambo doors close. She only crashes once while in root to Chicago med. "Casey you know the rules stay her and I'll give you an update soon." Will says to me. So I pace the waiting room till I hear news.

Brett's POV

I was lying in my hospital bed. Up in recovery. Will had just stopped by to see how I was doing. "So we are preparing a room for you now. It should be about another 5 -10 minutes before you get wheeled up there. I kind of was hoping no visitors for a while but Casey's been asking to see you. I promised him as long as you got some rest while he was there I think it will be okay." He says to me " yes I will get some rest I promise." I tell him with some excitement. "Alright him let's get you up to your room." April tells me. As soon as I get wheeled In I see Casey there waiting for me. I smile as best I could. "Hey you" he says to me "hey...."I say back as they wheel my bed in place. Then they leave. "I'm so glad you're okay. I was so worried. "he says as he rushes to my side. "I'm okay I promise. Just a broken leg and a cut in my forehead. Plus being sore but I'm okay." I say taking his hand in mine. "I'm glad. Well I just wanted to make sure you were okay. They say you need to rest so I should go." He says to me as he release my hand. "wait please don't go." I say as I quickly grab his hand back. "Stay with me" I say looking up at him. "You need your rest" he says "I know but I really don't want to be alone. Please stay" I beg. "Alright how can I resist you." He says with a smile. He sits down I'm the chair next to me. I know I'm suppose to rest but I couldn't I was just happy to see him. "So who took my spot on 61 since I didn't show up. Oh gosh I hope it was McCully oh it was him or wait was it ogle I hope not. But they probably didn't have time to call them in I feel bad for leaving foster partner less." I say "Wooh hold up there what happened to resting." He says "I can't I just can't." I say "you know if I you don't rest Halsted will kick me out." He says. "I have an idea. I might sleep better if you just hold me." I say shyly. "Alright scoot over." He says with a smile. I scoot over very carefully so he can join me. I let him wrap his arms around me and I lay my head on his chest. "Just don't leave me." I say curling up to him. "I promise to be here when you wake. Now sleep my dear Sylvie." He says as he gently kisses the top of my head as I drift off to sleep.

AN: Hey guys I hope you enjoy this one shot. I know I said I was going to try and upload twice a week but life is just getting to me. I started another class online and its more challenging than I thought. So for now its once a week with maybe an occasional second one if I have time. and no videos for a while till I can get my program working again and not sure when that will be.  So as always feel free to vote, comment and leave suggestions.  Season 9 is almost here!