Some Unexpected Great News

Brett's Pov
We arrive on scene to find the two cars in really bad shape. The pickup truck was on top of the back end of the smaller car. You could hear the screams coming from the small car. I hop out of the rig and run over. To assess what the conditions are. As I get closer to the car I see that there is a kid in the back seat in a car seat with his head slumped over. "I don't hear him. Mason honey can you hear me. MASON!!!" The mother screams. "Ma'am I need you to stay still. Mackey get me 2 c-collars and 2 back boards." I say as Casey comes running up with his men. "We need to get this boy out before the car on top could potentially crash down on him" I say to Casey. I avert my attention back to the mom as Mackey comes running up with the c-collars and backboards. I manage to get the door open. "Ma'am I'm going to put this c-collar on you and but you on a backboard. Then will get you to the ambulance." I say to her. "I feel fine do I really need to get but on the backboard I can still move just fine." She says to me. "Alright fine but you must wear the c-collar and go get checked out at the hospital." I say. After we get her out Casey and Mackey are almost done with getting the kid out. He is breathing but unconscious. The man in the truck is being helped out by our floater we are helping train as another ambulance comes to relieve her. "Come on Burkman we gotta go" Mackey say to her. Just as I reach the ambo with the boy on the stretcher, I collapse on to the ground. "Brett!" Mackey yells and run over to me. I slowly gets up. "Wooh. I think I just fainted did Casey see me fall." I ask quickly. " You did faint and as far as I know he didn't see. Are you ok?" Mackey asks me " yeah I've been a little off my game lately. I says. Brett what happened " Burkman says " I'll be fine I promise. Just a fall. Lets load the boy and the mom in the ambo." I say "alright" she says to me. We load the boy and the mother in the back with burkman. " I'll drive" I say "Um no you won't not after what just happened." Mackey says "oh come on it was just a fall I'm fine." I say "don't make call Casey over here." She says. "don't make me pull rank I am PIC." I say "Hey cas..." she starts to say. But I stop her "alright fine. You win." I say as I hop in the back of the ambo.

Bretts's pov
We arrive at the hospital and transfer the mom and son over. "Car crash kid 5 years old found breathing but unconscious. Mother says she's fine insisted on no backboard but told her she need to get looked over at MED. Mackey says as we hand them off. "We'll take it from her." The nurse says. "Thanks will go grab the paperwork." I say

Mackey's POV

"We walk over to get the paperwork. Sylvie looks pale. "Are you sure you're okay you look pale" Burkman says. "Is there any chance that you could be pregnant? I ask. "Well come to think of it. I am a little late I thought it was just stress. Can we make a quick run to the drug store before heading back to the firehouse please?" Brett asks. "Yeah but we gotta make it quick so no one gets suspicious." I say. Just as we grab the paperwork and the stretcher and start to head out Brett collapse again. This time it took longer for her to wake up. "Help we need help" I yell as manning comes running over. "What happened here?" she ask "she collapsed on our last call said she was fine then in the ambo she got dizzy." I say "alright let's get her into a bed and will go from there. I want blood work done to see what might be wrong." Manning says.

Casey's pov

"Hey do you know where Ambo 61 is? I ask Severide who's sitting at the squad table. "No they never came back. Why whets going on?" he asks me. "just got a feeling something's off that's all." I say. "What kind of feeling? He asks "well this morning before shift Brett didn't look so great and then on the last call when she was helping me with the victim she looked like she was dizzy. I wanted to see how she was feeling." I say " I'm sure they will be back soon they did have two patients to drop off at med. It might just be taking longer than normal." He says "thanks when they get back can you let her know I wanna see her in my office? I ask. "sure thing will do" he says. As I start to walk away my phone rings. "Huh its MED" I say aloud. "Yes this is Captain Matt Casey." I say "hi we have one of your paramedics her e she fainted as they were leaving. We just wanted to let you know." The lady says on the phone. "thank you I will be right there." I say "oh she's in good hands you don't need to come down." She says to me. " Ah see she's also my fiancé so I will see you shortly." I say "alright see you shortly." She says as we hang up. "Go I'll tell chief about it." Severide say as I take off running to my truck. It doesn't take me long to get to MED. I might have been going slightly over the speed limit. I rush inside. "hi I'm here to see paramedic Sylvie Brett" I say. Without looking up the lady asks, "relationship to the patient? " "we work together " I say "I'm sorry family only" she says to me without looking up. "We are family. You know what never mind " I say as I spot Mackey and Burkman standing outside an ER Bay. "sir you can't go back there. " she says as she sees me walk back. "She my fiancé" I say "sir you can't..." the lady starts to say. "It's okay Abby I've got it" manning says "what's going on with Brett? I ask her. "Um well ill let Sylvie be the one to tell you." She says with a smile on her face. "Come on she's just this way bay 3" she tells me. I walk over to bay 3 and I see her resting in the bed. "thank you guys for looking after her" I tell Mackey and Burkman. "welcome we'll head back to the house if you got her from here?" Mackey says "Yes I've got it from here" I say as they head back. "Hey you" I say quietly as I walk in to her room. "Hi she says tiredly. "You scared me there for a sec what's going on? I ask her. "Come here I have some news I need to tell you" she says so gently. I walk over and take her hands in mine. "I'm not sure if you've noticed that I haven't been feeling myself lately." She says. "Yeah I have, You looked pale this morning." I say "well I fainted twice in the last hour. Once at the scene and then once here. Manning ran some tests and she found something out" she says smiling, "does that mean what I think it means" I say smiling. "it sure does dad" she says with excitement. "congratulations you two" manning says walking in. "thank you. So now what happens since she's fainted twice. What does that mean for work?" I ask "well she was a bit dehydrated so we gave her some fluids and she should be good to go back to work next shift. We want her to take it easy right now. She should be good to go in about 4 hours after her IV's is finished. I'll come back and check on you guys in a little bit" she says walking out of the room. "So how's mom feeling about all this?" I say as she scoots over for me to join her. "I know this isn't exactly how we planned this. We seem to be doing everything backwards. But this is the happiest I've been in a long time." She says "me too. You look tired get some sleep I'll wake you when it's time to leave. " I say as I pull her in close and kiss her. 

AN: Hey Guys I got a bunch of inspiration this past week. I was able to write a few ones hots for you.  so they will be uploaded on time this Wednesday and Sunday. Hope you enjoy. As always feel free to vote comment and leave suggestions.