Meeting Parents Part 2

Brett's pov
I had just come back from grabbing a bit to eat in the common room. When saw casey sitting in his office doing paperwork "Hey don't forget that my parents are coming to town after shift" I say as I walk into his office. "Yeah I'm looking forward to it." Hes say. Are the meeting us here or at your place" he says "I told them to come here to show them the firehouse." Then I was thinking we could take them all around downtown it's there first time in the city I wanna show them around. We could even take them to molly's if we want." I say "yeah that sounds great I would love to do that with you guy I'll even treat you guys to dinner. Ink or the perfect place to eat" he says. "Alright sound like a good idea." I say "are they staying at your place right. That they.... Ambulance 61 man down unknown cause 5688 west anderson dr. "Go I'll meet your parents" he says as I rush out of the door.  I hop in the ambo with Mackey. "You okay she"  asks me as we take off. "Oh Um yeah parents are coming into town was suppose to meet then after shift the the firehouse. Now I'm stuck on this call. Casey said he would meet them through so it's okay. Just. Hoping this run doesn't take to long." I say as we pull to the scene.

Casey's pov
I was waiting for brett to come back from the call. It was taking longer then usually. Shift and ended 10 mins after she left for the call. So I packed my bags and waited for the Brett's to arrive out by the bays. I see them pull up on the side of the street. The are walking up the apron so I meet them halfway. "Hi Mr and Mrs brett." I say "Hi matt. Ita good to see you. where's Sylvie." They ask me. "Ah she got a last minute call should be back soon. Said it would be a quick one. So in the meantime you got me. Hope that's okay" I say "more than okay." They says "Well while we wait for them I'll give you a tour of the firehouse. If you want." I say "that would be lovely" her mom says. "Alright then come this way I'll start with the the app floor where we keep all our rigs." I say. I let them look around and even sit inside truck 81. After that I take them in a tour of the inside of the house.

Sylvies POV
As we were pulling back into the station I see my parents car. I hop out of the ambo to go find them. Matt must be giving them a tour. Which I'm glad because they wanted to see where I work. "It was a good shift mackey. You did good. I'll see you next shift." I'll say as I walk into the common room. I still don't see my parents so I go in search for them. I find matt showing them the bunk room. "Hey mom, dad it's so good to see you." I say giving them a hug. "Same here sweetie" her dad says. "So I see Matt's been giving you the grand tour." I say going to stand by him. "Yes he has this is a cool place you work at. We are so proud of you." Her mom says. "Thanks mom.  Well you guys ready to go back to my place to drop your stuff off. We have a lot planed for the day." I say "yes that be great. I hope we get to see the Willis tower." Dad asks  "Yes we will see the Sears tower." I say "I thought it was the Willis tower" dad asks "ah it is but most people here still call it the Sears  tower." I say we head back to my place and drop off their bags. "Oh Matt sweetie you don't have to do that we can take our bags inside." Carol says.
"Oh its no problem I don't mind." He says. "My apartment is just up this way will grab a bite to eat then head out if you guys are good." I ask them. "Yep sounds great to us." They say. After lunch and a quick tour of my place we head out to the Sears tower. "next group can head up in the elevator" the lady says to us. Once at the top I see how excited my parents are.  "Wow you really can see for miles up here. Such a pretty view." Mom say. Yeah it is pretty. Thats for sure." I say  "Yeah it's a pretty up here and I'm not just talking about the view outside " Matt says as he takes my hand in his. We walk around taking in the view with my parents. They even take a few pictures with us then we head back down. "Next stop Navy Pier" I say. Who's up for a historical boat ride on the river. It's one of the best ways to see the city." Matt says "I'd love to." Her dad says  we were able to catch the next boat tour that was taking off.  It was fun to watch my parents. Interacting with matt as he gave extra tidbits of the city that the guide didn't say. I loved how they all got along. It made me happy. After the boat tour we walked down to the end of the pier. It was so windy. "so this must be why it's called the Windy City." He mom says as her hair blows everywhere. "Yep got that right." I say with a slight laugh. "Lets head over to the bean." Dad says. "Wow this is cool looking." Mom says.  It's now 5pm by the time we finish with touring for the day.

Matt's pov
Alrighty now that we are down touring. Who's up for some dinner and drinks. On me of course." I say. "Sound fantastic." Her mom says "yeah I could use a bite to eat." Her dad says. "Perfect Matt booked us a reservation at ________. " Sylvie says. We walk to the car and head to the restaurant. "This place looks amazing." Her mom says as the take us to our seats. Once the waiter comes we order our food. We make small talk as we eat. "Thank you for dinner matt we appreciate it " her dad says thanking me as we head back to the car. "Your welcome I'm glad you guys could finally make it out here for a trip. Sylvie and I love having family around." I say. Once back at her apartment I linger outside while Sylvie hands her keys to her parents to let them in while she says good night to me. "I'll be up shortly." She says. "It's was nice see you today" they both say to me. "Same here" I say as I wave goodbye as they walk inside. "thanks for hanging with us all day" Sylvie says as she wraps her arms around me. "Welcome no place I'd rather be" I say "you sure you don't wanna come upstairs" she says "yeah I promised Severide I'd help him out with something tonight. but I'll call you before bed. Promise." I say leaning down to kiss her before driving off.

AN: hey guys here is a once shot someone requested of meeting her parents part two so it's set in chicago this time. So what do you all think of how the show is going so far with brettsey.  It think it's interesting just hope they don't draw it out to long before they get together. As always feel free to vote comment and leave suggestions.