Memory Loss

Brett's Pov

I've been pacing outside in the waiting room forever. This is not the first time I've been here. And it won't be the last. "Hey what's going on?" Violet asks rushing into the ED waiting room. "It's Casey. I'm sorry I didn't know who else to call. Severide and Kidd are out of town at the cabin." I say pacing back and forth. "What happened?" She asked me. "we were heading out when all of a sudden he collapsed right in front of me." I say on the verge of tears. "hey come sit with me. It will do you good. Your running a whole in the carpet with you walking back and forth." violet says. "He just has to be okay I can't lose him." I say as I take off my hidden necklace and pull off the ring to slide on my finger. "You won't lose him. You heard Will from the other day. he's going to be okay." She says. "Something you don't know is before I came to 51 he's suffered a really bad head injury he was in the hospital for a while had to have major surgery crashed many times on the way to the hospital. It's a miracle he was alive." I say. "Oh wow" violet says "so one more hit could end his career or worse. And it took him so long to get this one checked out since he said he was fine. That his symptoms went away. We got check out last Friday. Halsted said things looked fine just to take one shift off which he did. Then he collapse tonight that can't be good. "I say fiddling with my ring turning it round and round. "Wait is that an engagement ring?" She asks shocked. "Greg proposed to you. You go girl" she says. "not exactly." I say nervously "then who? I'm confused. that's definitely an engagement ring." she says. "You can't tell anyone. It happened all so fast but I wouldn't change it for the world" I say. "Scouts honor I won't tell anyone." She says. "It's Matt." I say "wait the Captain." She says confused. "we've had feelings for each other for a while. Then we kissed on night after my ambo accident. I asked a question It got complicated. So we both saw other people. But in reality I was always in love with him. Greg was just a distraction. It was evident when Greg asked me to go on an overnight ski trip. He tricked me into going. He asked first. I said yes then he told me we were staying over night. I wasn't comfortable with it. Then matt came to me about his head injury. Long story short he proposed to me that night after getting checked out. Told me how he loved me and only me that I have always been and always will be his. It was sweet and romantic" I say "so he bought the ring that day" she says. " No he's had this ring for me from the time he knew he was in love with me. Almost two years ago. And now I might not get to spend the rest of my life with him. I wish I hadn't pushed him away that night of the kiss " I say full on crying. "It's gonna be fine. Casey's a fighter." She tells me. "Hey Brett" Halsted says walking up to us. "How is he?" I ask. "Well we had to relieve some pressure on his brain. So he's resting right now. But you are welcome to go see him" he says to me. "Thanks" I say getting up. "oh I need to let Boden know in all the chaos I forgot." I say pulling out my phone. "Hey I've got it. Go be with Casey." Violet says. "You sure" I say "yes go your man needs you. Go be with him." She says "thank you" I say heading off to his room. I get to his room and see him hooked up to tubes and wires while he's sleeping. I quietly open the door and walk in. I grab the chair and pull it up to his bedside. "I need you to be okay. Please be okay. I love you" I say taking hold of his hand. He looked so helpless lying there. By now it's almost 1am I'm extremely exhausted. Still holding his hand lay my head down on the bed. it's not the most comfortable position but at least I'm next to him.

Casey's pov

I was lying in the hospital bed and felt someone holding my hand. I looked down and saw Sylvie with her hand in mine. I try to unlink out hands without waking her but that doesn't happen. "hey you didn't have to come" I say. "I'm not going anywhere you know that" she says "I just thought that maybe you would have been out at Molly's." I say "why would I do that" she says confused raking her left hand through her hair. I noticed something on her ring finger. but before I have a chance to say anything she leans I. for a kiss. "whoa what are you doing?" I ask "kissing you" she says confused again as I stop her.. "I don't think your fiancé would like that." I say as she steps backwards. "Matt what's going on this isn't like you. "she says to me. "I don't think Greg would like you kissing me." I say. "why would you think that." she says "well most guys don't like it when their fiancé kisses someone else. That's an incredibly nice ring he gave you." I say "Matt do you not remember?" she says steeping closer to me. "remember what" I say. "what's the last thing you remember?" she asks me. "umm I remember getting thrown by a car on a call. how long have I been in here. " I say "not even a day yet." she says "then why aren't you in uniform. you should still be in shift." I say. "matt that accident happened almost over 2 weeks ago. I wanna get the doctor in here. give me one sec okay." she says as she steps out to get a doctor. I feel bad she's in here with me instead of out with Greg. "Casey it's good to see you awake" Will says walking in with Brett. "yeah " I say. "Brett told me you seem a bit off like you can't remember the last couple weeks." will says "I guess so not sure" I say confused. "it's perfectly normal to have some memory loss with your accident. it will all come back in due time with lots of rest. no doubt Brett here will take good care of you." Will says as he walks out if the room. "memory loss great" I say "hey we will get through this together." she says holding my hand. "thanks for being here but I'm fine go be with your fiancé Greg. he's probably wondering where you you. I say "why do you keep saying he's my fiancé" she says. "you are wearing his ring." I say sadly. "oh gosh oh Matt. No this you gave me this." she says with a smile. "I gave it to you. man this memory loss sucks. how can I forget giving it to the woman I love." I say disappointed. "hey don't be so hard on yourself. you have memory loss. It will come back to you. just like Will said." she says leaning down to kiss me. and it was a good kiss long and sweet "I love you, you know that" she says as we come up for air. " I might need a reminder memories a little foggy still." I say pulling her back down to kiss again. "ah very funny" she says "who says I'm being funny. you heard the doctor" I say in a flirty voice. "uh huh yeah I heard him. he said you needed lost of rest." she says pulling back. "no come back I'll rest if I get to hold you." I say pleading with her. "Alright scoot over. " she says as we curl up to rest. 

AN: Hey Guys sorry I Haven't updated in a long while. Life was just being Life.  Anyway I wrote this one shot sorta based around 9x12 episode. I hope you enjoy it. My next one I'm writing is based on a future episode of what might happen. Not sure when I'll be able to post it I just started writing it. I'm going to try not to take as long to get this one written but will see.  As always feel free to Vote, Comment and Leave Suggestions.