Call it - TOD 4:38am

Casey's pov
I rush out to the rig and hop in. "What do we got lieutenant?" Herrmann says. "Two floor Warehouse fire, lots of ground to cover. So keep on task tonight. I know it's late and we are all tired but we give it our all copy." I say. "Copy" they all say. Once on scene I see the building is engulfed in flames. Firehouse 31 is already at work. I hop out and walk over to 31's Chief. He tells Severide and I to have our men help search the building for workers. I run back to my men and give them orders. We each take a section of the Warehouse to search. We have second floor and Squad has first floor. We head in and up to the second floor. "Fire department call out" I say over and over as I walked the second floor. "Got someone. Foster, Brett get ready." I say as I rush out the building and hand the woman off to the girls. I then check my levels in my oxygen tank and head back in to keep searching. We cleared the top floor so I tell my men to help search the bottom floor with squad. We clear the space from front to back making sure we don't miss anything or anyone. The room is large and it takes us a while to clear it. I feel the building heat up faster and get thicker with smoke. We finish the search and are about to head out. I'm one of the last people to leave as I am the lieutenant and always leave last. Just as I'm about to head out the ceiling collapses and I black out.

Sylvie's pov
I'm working on a victim when I hear "mayday mayday firefighter down. I repeat firefighter down anyone who can assist go help get him out." I hear chief of 31 say. I have a gut feeling its Casey. I look around and can't find him anywhere but I concentrate on my job. I finish what I was doing and hand the victim off to another paramedic so they can take them to MED. I start scanning around looking for Casey. I finally see him. He's being pulled out of the Warehouse by other firefighters. Paramedics from 89 rush over and put him on the stretcher. "What happened? I hear paramedic Rollins say. "Ceiling collapsed on him. Pulse is very week" says Severide. "Alright get the defibrillator on him now" paramedic Jones say. I stand there in shock. I can't lose him. "He's coding shocking at 100 clear" paramedic Jones says. All of 51 stands around waiting. "Shocking again at 200 clear" paramedic Jones says but nothing happens to him. Tears fall from my face. "Shocking at 300 clear " paramedic Jones says again. Next thing I hear is the one thing I dread. A flat line sound. "Call it" paramedic Rollins says "time of death 4:38 am." Paramedic Jones says. "Nooooooooo" I yell "No no no shock him again you have to shock him again please shock him again!!" I cry out in agony as I'm being held back by someone. Paramedic Jones looks at her partner for approval. She gives it and she shock's Casey one last time. Nothing happens. I scream "Matt!" As I escape whoever is holding me. I run over and lay my head over his chest sobbing. "Come back to me please come back to me. I can't lose you." I say through the sobs. Someone tries to pull me off him but I push them away. I stay there sobbing. Seconds later his arm slowly wraps around me as he barely gets this out of his voice "I'll never leave you." He says with a struggle. "Alright ma'am let's load him into the ambo. You can ride with us if you want. I look at Foster for permission. "Go, I can handle it here. We are almost done with transports anyway so go. I'll see you there." She says to me.

At the hospital
I'm in the waiting room when the rest of 51 show up. "How is he?" Foster asks. "They haven't given me an update yet." I say. I curl up on the small seat and pull my knees to my chest and try not to cry again. "He'll be okay Casey is a fighter." Severide says. "Yeah the Lieutenant is a fighter. He's gonna be just fine kid." Herrmann says giving my shoulder a squeeze. "I need to call his sister" I say as I fumble getting my phone out. "Don't worry about that I will call Christy." Severide says to me. About 35 minutes later a nurse comes out. "Family of Matt Casey" she says. I slowly get out of my seat and head over to her as do the rest of 51. "He coded twice, lost a lot of blood he's lucky to be alive." She says. "Can I see him" I ask. "Um look I'm... I'm sorry ICU restricted, family only" she says "I'm his fiancée. I am his family." I say trying not to cry. "Alright come with me." She says to me as we walk through a set of doors and down to his room. "Is he awake?" I ask her. "There's a possibility he still could be asleep from surgery." She says as she leaves me outside his room. I take a deep breath before walking into the room. I push the door open and walk in. "Hey you're awake." I say with a slight smile, trying so hard not to cry again. "Awww. You've been crying. Come here babe" he says to me with a semi weak tired voice. I walk over and give him a long but gentle kiss. I finally break down full on crying for the millionth time tonight. He takes his non broken arm and with his hand brushes the tears from my face. "I thought I lost you I was so scared. They called a time of death for you but I made them keep going" I say in-between sobs. I can't seem to catch my breath with the amount of crying I'm doing. "Babe you got to slow your breathing down. Come here you can lay with me but be gentle please." He says to me as he gently moves over to make room for me. I tenderly lay in his arms as not to hurt him. My breathing starts to normalize as he gently rubs my arm up and down with his good hand. "I love you with all my heart" I say I love you too" he says kissing the top of my head.

AN: Hope you guys enjoyed this one shot. I have been written and rewriting a bunch of stuff for brettsey one shots. So I have enough for a few weeks, So you guys wont have to wait. I'm excited to say I will be posting one every week. As Always feel free to vote comment and leave suggestions.