Got Stood up

Brett's Pov

I walk in to the common room l that sits almost in the center of the firehouse. I am in the middle of my shift and it's pretty slow. "So how was it?" Foster asks all excited. "Yeah how was your date with Kent. The hot doctor form MED." Kidd chimes in. "Actually he stood me up." I say to them as I lean over the table. "What I'm sorry. That jerk doesn't know what he's missing out on." Foster says. "It's okay. I had the best time of my life last night, with someone else" I say smiling. "Do tell us. Who's the lucky mystery man?" Kidd says "you guys promise not to tell anyone about this. This getting out would not be good for either of us. Our jobs could be in jeopardy. Okay" I say kind of nervous. "We promise" they both say in tandem. "Okay here goes. It was Matt Casey." I say with a smile. "Really, Matt Casey" Foster say. "How did it happen give us the details girl?" Kidd asks all excited. "Well I was in the locker room changing out when my phone buzzed. I looked at it and it was a message from Kent. He said he had an emergency. So I was a little disappointed about the emergency. Expect he was lying. Because when I walked outside the firehouse my phone when off. It was Maggie from MED. She texted me a video of him kissing another woman by the entrance of the ED. It was the worst feeling in the world. And you know my track record with guys" I say "yeah there all jerks to you" Kidd says. "Anyway, I felt so sick to my stomach that I walked over to the wall and collapsed down the side of it into a ball. That's when it happened. Casey walked up to me and bent down to my level. He asked if I was ok. So i told him no and what had happened. He promised he make it up to me that I'd have the best night of my life and boy was he right. He took me to dinner and dancing. He canceled all his plans for me. It was so romantic." I say with a smile. "Awe the girl has a crush on Casey." Foster says. I see Casey walking in the background. He smiles and waves at me to come over. I practically fall over. "Careful there Brett." Kidd laughs. "Sorry I tripped" i say trying to hide what just happened "tripped standing still uh huh." Foster says. "Uh huh yep tripped gotta go." I say as I turn and walk off. I head in the direction that Casey was but I don't see him anywhere. All of a sudden I'm pulled through a door of the bunkroom.
Casey's pov
I walk past Brett and wave at her to come find me. I couldn't stop thinking about her last night after I dropped her off at her place. I just needed to see her. She's walking the halls trying to find me. I'm hiding in the empty bunkroom so no see us together. As she walks by I grab her arm and pull her In as I'm doing so she lets out a little yelp. I can't help but laugh. "What was that for?" She asks as she playfully slaps me on the arm. "Truth I just really wanted to see you." I say smiling. "You could have come over to where I was." She says to me. "Yeah but then it wouldn't of been just the two of us." I say making my eye go wide giving her a smile. "True" she says giving me a smile back. "So what were you girls talking about? You sure looked like you were having fun." I say "they wanted to know about my night. I hope it's okay I told them about it. They promised not to tell anyone." she says kind of shyly. "Yeah totally okay I'm just glad to see you happy." I say as I pull her in for a hug right before the alarm goes off calling truck out to assist with an accident. "I'll see you tonight." I say as I let go of the hug and rush out of the room.

AN: Hey guys. Here is just a short one shot.  Hope you enjoyed it. I will update on Sunday most likely.  As always feel free to vote, comment and leave suggestions.