Almost Lost Him

Casey's pov

We are in the car on the way to Sylvie's appointment. I look over to see her looking sad/scared. "Sylvie you promised me you would go to therapy it will do you good." I say as she's is trying not to cry. "I know" she says to me while she looks out the window. It takes us about 40 mins to get to the office with all the traffic in the city. I noticed that Sylvie had fallen​ asleep on the way there. She looks so peaceful she hasn't been sleeping lately. I park the car and get out to go over and wake her up. I open her door and lean down. "hey sweetie we're her." I say as I gently rub her knee. "do I have to" she says as she gets out of the car. "Yes it will help. Come on let's go" I say as we walk in. Sylvie checks herself in at the front desk and then come over to sit with me.
sylvie's ​pov
It doesn't take long to get seen. I'm in the waiting room no longer than 15 mins. The whole time I'm waiting I'm shaking. I'm not sure I can do this. "hey calm down. It will be okay." I hear Matt say to me. "I hope so."I say "Sylvie Brett" the nurse says to me. I stand up and look at Matt. " I'll be here when you finish." He says to me. I nod and walk into the room with the nurse. "doctor will be with you shortly." She says as she leaves the room. About 5 mins later the doctor comes in. "hi Sylvie. I'm doctor Gilbertson" he says as he walks behind his desk. I don't say anything. All I do is nod. "Your boss filled me in a bit about what happened but I'd like your take on it." He says. "I remember it like it was yesterday. We were on a major call. It was crazy fire everywhere. The building was full of smoke. Then there was an ex... an ex..."I couldn't get the words out I started to cry "take a deep breath and tell me what happened" he asks "the ex... explosion was so loud. There was rubble everywhere. I heard mayday over the radio " I say as I broke down. "I could have lost him." I say as I run out of the room running straight into Matts arms.
Casey's Pov
I was sitting out in the waiting room waiting for Sylvie's appointment to be over. Chief Boden thought it be a good idea for her to speak to someone after the explosion at the call that landed me in the hospital. She wouldn't leave my side the whole time I was there. And after she took wasn't the same at work. She wasn't getting much sleep and was constantly worrying about me. To the point it was getting unhealthy. I was told I was under no circumstances to go in with her. It killed me seeing her in pain. But for her to get better it's what had to happen. She wasn't even in the appointment for 10 mins before she flung open the door and crashing into my arms. Hey it's okay it's okay I'm here" I tell her as she grabs on to me for dear life. She is now sobbing into my chest. "I... I can't go back in. I can't lose you." She cries to me. My shirt is now wet. "I'm not going anywhere I promise" I say as I rub her back with one hand and wipe the tears away with my thumb from my other hand. The doctor has now joined us in the waiting room. "Why don't you come join us for the rest of the session? I promise not to tell that you were in here with us." The doctor says. "Will that work for you" I ask Sylvie. "Yes" she says with teary eyes as loosens her grip.
Sylvie's pov
We walk back into the room and I sit on Connors lap. I've managed to calm down a bit. "Please continue with the story." The doctor says. " I was out by the ambulances with foster setting up. Next thing I know heard the explosion I wasn't near the blast but I got thrown back from the force. I say as I started to cry. I Then I felt Matt's arms tighten around my waist. "It's okay" he whispers to me. "Then I heard over the radio Mayday Mayday Casey's down. They brought him out and he was unconscious. I was so worried. I started screaming his name. I fell to the ground. I.... I was afr... Afraid I... I'd lost him."I sob. He's my everything." I say "and what about the dreams tell me about them" the doctor says. I've been having bad dreams where he's trapped and I can't get to him" the doctor says. It's almost every night its why I can't sleep. I'm almost afraid to close my eyes. It hinders my work I'm not at my best." I say on the verge of tears. We sit and talk awhile longer about what we can do to make me feel better. "Well I think we are making some progress and I would like to see you for a while say and hour each week." The doctor says. "Alright I guess so" I say as we thank him and walk out to go home.