She's Your Wife? Part 2

Casey's Pov

"So we get off shift at 5pm I can swing by home and pick you up or you could meet me at Molly's" I say to Sylvie over the phone. "no why don't I just meet you there that way in case you get a last minute call you are not feeling rushed to get home and head out to get there on time. I'll be fine I think. You ready for this tonight." she say's with a slightly nervous voice. "way more than ready I can't wait to tell the world about my girl." I say with a little flirty voice to try and cheer her up. "Oh really." I say back with the same type of voice. "Yeah you mean the world to me. And its time my friends at work get to know my amazing wife." I say just as the bells go off. Ambulance 61 Truck 81 Squad 3 Engine 51 battalion 25. Structure fire 67 West Main St. "Hey babe the bells just went off. I'll talk to you later. Love you." I say "Be safe, love you too" she says quickly as we hang up. I run to the rigs grab my gear and hop in. Kidd puts the rig in motion. We don't even make it half way down the driveway of the firehouse before we are called back due to it being a false alarm. So we pull the rigs back onto the apparatus floor. I was hanging up my turnout coat when Severide walks up to me with two cigars. "Roof talk" he says "Sure I'll grab the latter. You grab the chairs" I tell him. I set the latter up against the side of the building and we carry the chairs up to the roof. "Man we haven't had a good roof chat in what seems like forever." Severide tells me. "Yeah you are right I can't remember the last time we had one of these. I think it's been over year." I say as he hands me a cigar. "So you're married now. How did that happened and we not know about it. Seems like something you would tell us." Severide says. "Yeah I'm really sorry this is how you are finding out. It's just that when gabby left me I was so heartbroken I felt that I would be alone for ever. She crushed me. We were married for a little over 4 years. I really thought she was the one. It was about 2 months after she left me. One night I was walking downtown and ran into this most amazing woman. And I do mean ran right into her. It was so embarrassing." I say as I hear Severide laugh at that part. "I didn't see her walking and we collided. The instant our eyes met it was like nothing I've ever felt before. We stared into each other's eyes for what felt like lifetime but was probable only a minute or so. I've never felt anything like this with Hallie my first fiance or gabby my ex wife and I'm the one to claim that gabby was my miracle remember." I say. "yeah I remember" he says to me "Well anyway, I felt really bad for running into her. So I asked to buy her a drink. She said yes and we spent the whole night at the bar talking till closing, when we ended up getting kicked out. We were the last ones to leave. But it didn't end there. We spent the rest of the night talking till sunrise on the river walk." I say with a huge smile across my face. "I didn't tell you because I felt that you guys would say that I was rushing into this. That I needed to process my emotions with gabby and you would try and talk me out of it. I'm sorry." I say to him. "Well you seem really happy. Way happier than you were with Gabby. I'm sorry we made you feel you had to hide this from us." He says "thanks. You are coming to Molly's tonight to meet her right?" I say "yeah Kidd and I will be there. Kidd's really excited to have another girl for girl's night with her and shay." He says to me. "Of course she is" I laugh as we continue to enjoy our cigars. About 30 mins later we hear a noise from down below. "Hey Casey, Severide, Boden wants to talk to you both. Something about Gorsch and his newest idea for the CFD." Cruz yells up to us. "Aright we'll be right down" I say. We decide to leave the chairs up in case we wanna come back up. We slide down the latter and meet Cruz. "He doesn't seem to happy. So good luck." He tells us as he pats our shoulders. "Great!!" Severide and I both say at the same time.

A few hours later.

Sylvie's pov

I was so excited to be meeting Matt's friends and coworkers tonight. I was also a little nervous what if they don't like me or that they are mad we didn't tell them we got married or like how I look. Oh gosh maybe I should just stay home. I don't think I can do this. I say out loud to myself as I'm pacing the floor. I don't remember how long I was pacing. I didn't even hear the door open. Next thing I know Casey is there standing in the door way. "Casey, what are you doing here? I thought we were meeting there. I'm late, oh I'm late great now what are they going to think of me." I say to him as I'm still pacing. He walks over to me and gently wraps his arms around me to keep me still. "Hey, hey you look amazing and you're not late. I got off exactly at 5. I kind a figured you would be like this. Everything is gonna be okay. They will all understand why we didn't tell them. I've already talked to Severide about it and Kidd's really excited to add another female to girl's night. They can't wait to meet you" He tells me as he tucks my hair behind my ears and pulls me in for a hug. "You know me to well" I say with a smile as I pull away slightly and lean up on my tiptoes to kiss him. "Come on lets go" he tells me as we grab our stuff and leave. It doesn't take us long to get to molly's. Casey helps me out of the car and we head to the front door. I stop just short of it. Casey gently takes my hands in his so we are now face to face. "I won't leave your side the whole night. If at any point you feel uncomfortable we can leave." He tells me in his sweet caring voice. "Thanks" I say as we head in. "hey the Casey's are here" Hermann says. I start to tense up with all the people crowding around us. Casey can feel it and squeezes my hand for reassurance. "Everyone I want you to me my beautiful wife Sylvie." Casey says. "What can I get you to drink? First one is on the house." Hermann asks us. Beer for me and a... "Casey says "red wine for me" I say. Hermann starts to get the red wine out when Kidd stops him. "Hermann what are you giving her?" she says. "Getting the red wine she asks for." He says back. "Nah I got you covered girl. I hide the good stuff over here" she says as she pours me a glass. "I think I like her already." I say with a smile. We talk with the girls, Hermann and Severide for over an hour as I sit on Casey's lap. "hey captain over here, come join us." Otis says. "I can stay right here if you want" Casey says to me. "Go I'll be alright. I say as I stand and get up off his lap. "I'm just over there if you need me" he says as he leans over to give me a kiss on the head. "You guys are so sweet together. He's a great guy you got there. He's happier than I've ever seen him." Kidd says. "He is a pretty great guy" I say as I connect with Casey's eyes across the room. It was almost closing time by the time we left the bar. "Hey I'm so glad I got to meet your friends. I had a lot of fun. Thanks for setting this up. I love you." I say as I turn to him. "You're welcome. I'm glad you had fun tonight. I love you too. Come on lets go home." He says as he gives me one last kiss.

AN: I had so much fun writing the second part to "She's Your Wife?" Thanks @justagirlwhowrites  for suggesting this one with cigar chats from Casey an Severide and meeting Sylvie. I really hope you guys enjoyed this one. As always feel free to vote and comment. Love hearing from you guys.