Secret Promotion

Casey's pov

I was hanging out in the common room when Connie told me Boden wanted to see me in his office. Shift was almost over so I had no clue what it could be about. "What is that about" I hear Brett ask. "No clue guess I'm about to find out." I say back to her with a smile. "You wanted to see me chief" I say as I knock on his door. "Yes come in and close the door behind you" he says to me. Uh oh this must be serious the door is closed. "What can I do for you" I ask. "It's about Brett" he says "what about my wife? What did she do now? Nothing bad I hope. I ask with a concerned voice. "No nothing bad at all in fact she's been doing so great and with our current PIC on 2nd shift leaving I want to promote her to PIC. We will have the ceremony next shift. Do you think you can keep it a secret until them?" He asks me "yeah I will do that. It's gonna be hard but I will do it. She's gonna be so excited." I say with a smile "she deserves it. And I was hoping that you be the one to pin her bars on her." He says with a smile. "I would be honored to Chief" I say. "Great make sure she has her dress blues tell here we are having a party for someone special if she asks why." He says. "Will do chief thanks again. Ok promise I won't tell her." I say as I leave the room. "Hey what was that all about?" Brett asks me as I walk into the common room. "Oh nothing chief just had a question on a call from last shift. It's all good" I say with a smile. "Great so I was thinking dinner at lou's tonight. I don't feel like cooking" she says to me as she wraps her arms around me. "Yeah lou's sounds great." He says. We finish up the rest of shift then head off to get dinner. "Hey so you guys coming to Molly's tonight?" Stella asks. "sorry date night at home." I say with a smile. "alright but you're missing out." She says "yeah maybe next time." I say as I hop in the car with Casey. We stop by and get the pizza then head home. "So where are we eating the pizza. Table, couch or bed" he asks me as we walk in. "Let's watch a movie and eat it on the couch." I say as I drop my bag at the front door. "What movie do you want to watch?" He asks me "um anything is good with me." I say "how about oceans 8" he asks "wait it that the one with the female cast. Cause I really like that one." I say with excitement. "Yeah babe that's the one." He says with a slight laugh. We grab our drinks and head to the couch to get comfy. "I grab a slice of pizza and curl up next to Casey. He wraps his arm around me while he takes a bite of his pizza. We are about halfway through the movie and I'm starting to fall asleep. Shift was ruff last night. We kept getting call after call for ambo. I barely had any time to sleep. "Hey babe you wanna go to bed early. We can finish the movie later." He says to me as he rubs his hand up and down my arm. "Nah I really wanna finish the movie. I promise I'll stay awake" I say with a tired smile. "Okay just let me know if you wanna go to bed. I can sleep any time." He says as he pulls me in closer to him. Just as the movie was ending, Casey and I get a text message. "Hey Boden just sent out a message saying to bring our dress blues in. Why is that? Do you know anything about this?" I ask Casey. "I have no clue. We will just have to see." He says. "Yeah I guess we will. I need to make sure it's clean. Something important might be happening." I say as I'm getting ready for bed. "What's with that smile on your face? I ask Casey. "Oh nothing, Just that I'm very proud of you and love you so much." He says as he wraps his arms around my waist. "I love you too. Let get to bed we have an early shift.

Casey's pov

The next morning comes way too early. "Oh babe can you grab my tie I left it on the bed. I say. "Sure give me a minute I'm finishing up my hair" she says from the bathroom. She brings me my tie and we gather our things to head to work. "So I wonder what is so important I can't wait to find out." She says as we pull into the station. I try and hide my smile the best I can. Only a select few know about this promotion. We didn't want it to get back to Sylvie. The party was going to happen around 11 am. Boden would take us out of service just for one hour. I was so excited to be the one getting to pin her bars on her. I give Sylvie a kiss before I head off to see chief to finalize the plans. "Morning Casey. So we are all set for the promotion. Cindy is dropping off the food and drinks around 10:30am. We are going out of service around 11. I will have you all line up in 2 lines. I'll say a few words then ask you to come up. Then say a few words about Sylvie. I'll then ask her to come up and that's when I will promote her and you pin on the bars." Boden says. "Sounds great" I say as I head out of his office. "What's was that about?" Sylvie asks me when I walk into the common room. "Oh just going over the days schedule. You know how it goes." I say. "That's I do" she says back. "Hey if you need me I'll be in my office." I say "alright might stop by later" she says with a wink.

Sylvie's pov

"So I heard Severide got in a fight last night at Molly's." I say "you heard right. Some guy tried to flirt with me. Severide didn't take it so well you know how he can get." Stella says to me. "That I do" I say with a slight laugh. We sit and talk for another hour when I see Cindy walk in. "Kidd can I see you in my office" Boden says "sure chief" Stella says as I walk over to Cindy. "Hey I think Hermann's in the bunk room I'll go get him" I say to her. "Oh I'm just here to help set up. I've let him know I'm here." She says "set up what?" I ask but she's already off putting things where they need to go. "Hey who's the party for?" I ask Stella "um someone special I think. Boden says to go get in our dress blues and line up outside on the apron." Stella says to everyone. So that's what I do. I grab my dress blues out of Casey's office and go change. "Wow I'll never get tired of seeing you in that uniform" I hear Casey say from behind me. "Same goes for you" I say as I pull him closer to me by his tie. "We better go we don't want to be late." He says as he guides me out to the app floor. We line up in our positions and wait for Boden. "This is a special occasion. We are here to recognize someone with great leadership. This individual has gone above and beyond the call of duty. Casey, will you please come up to help me with this." Boden says. I see Casey walk up and pull out a small thin square box then go stand next to Boden. "Sylvie Brett, will you please come up here." He says. I was so shocked. I walked over and stood in front of him. "Sylvie Brett is the most courageous and dedicated person. You go above and beyond the call of duty. Not just on the job but also off the job. I hear by promote you to PIC of Ambo 61. Congratulations. Casey will you please do the honors." He says. I see Casey pull two silver bars out of the thin box. He walks over to me and one by one pins them on my collar. He then steps back so I can salute Boden to make it official. "Congratulations." Boden says as everyone claps. Casey has the biggest smile across his face. "Congratulations babe you deserve it" he says he leans down to kiss me. 

AN: Hey guys. Hope you enjoy this one shot. I had fun writing it. Less than 11 days till we get to see if Brettsey is happening. I'm way to excited about it.  I need it to happen.  As always feel free to Vote, comment and leave a suggestion.