I need him

Sylvie's pov

I was lying in the hospital bed. It was a close call. One second I was helping out a patient on the side of the road and next thing you know I'm flipped up in the air landing flat on my back. I was slowly coming to as I was groggy from the anesthesia still. "Ma... Ma... Matt..." I say with a groggy voice. But he's no where around. I was in a room all alone. Just the sounds of the machines beeping. All I wanted was to see Casey to have him hold me. Life flashed before my eyes when I was flying through the air after the car hit me. I needed to tell Casey how I felt whether he felt the same way or not. I wasn't going to hide my feelings anymore. Life's too short. "aaahhhh I see we are awake" nurse Davidson says to me as she walks into the room. "Ma... Matt" I moan in pain. "What is that? She asks as she walks over to check me out. "I need matt" I say "Let me see what I can do in the mean time I'll go get the doctor" she says. When the doctor comes in I'm a little more awake. She tells me I have a fractured spine and some bumps and bruises. She also said that I was lucky I wasn't paralyzed. "Is there anything I can get for you before I head to my next patient" Doctor Hawker asks me. "Can I have any visitors?" I ask "I would really like you to rest. You just had major surgery." She says to me. "Please just one." I say "I'm not sure that's a good Idea." She says. "Please please I need him." I beg her "I don't know maybe give it an hour or so then you can have a visitor." She says to me. "She's been asking for a matt I think" nurse Davidson says to the doctor. "No please I promise after I see him I will nap. I can even nap while he's here please I just need to see him." I say on the verge of tears. "Alright who am I looking for again?" She says "thank you, thank you," I say with a smile "his name is Matthew um Matt Casey. He should be out in the waiting room with the rest of my firehouse." I say with excitement.

Casey's Pov

I was in the waiting room with the rest of the firehouse. I couldn't sit still. I just kept passing back and forth. "Hey man, She's gonna pull through." Severide says as he pats my shoulder. "She better, seeing her flying through the air before she hit the ground. My heart ached knowing I may never get the chance to tell her how I feel. I know I keep denying how I feel about her but not any more man. I need here in my life more than ever. She's my whole world man I can't lose her." I say with a shaky voice. "I know that feeling the same feeling I had when Kidd was in here. She will be okay I feel it." He says to me. We go and join the rest of 51. Just as I'm about to sit down in a chair I see a doctor come out but it wasn't for us. I sit with my head in my hands praying she would be alright. It felt like an eternity before anyone came out to give us news. "Um is there a Matthew Casey here" a doctor says. "Yeah that's me. Is there something wrong?" I say as I walk up to her. "No, no everything is fine. She's just been asking for you, on the verge of tears almost. I really wanted her to rest but she insisted on seeing you. So promise me she will get some rest. If I allow you to see her." She says to me. "Yes I will defiantly get her to rest. I promise." I say with a smile. "Alright but don't stay to long. She's in room 212 take the elevator up to the second floor and turn left." She tells me. I thank her and take the elevator up to the second floor. I stop just short of her door. She looks helpless lying there attached to machines. She also has a hard back brace on. I just watch her for a moment before I walk in. I knock on the door as I enter. "hey....." she says as I walk in. "Hey....how are you feeling." I ask her as I step near her. "Been better, they tell me I have a fractured back. So I'm stuck in this brace for two months or more depending on how I heal." She says. "At least it looks good on you." I say trying to make her smile. "Yeah I highly doubt that but thanks." She says trying to smile. "How's the rest of the house?" she asks me. "They are good. They are glad that you are going to be okay. Boden took us out of service for the rest of shift." I say "Maybe tomorrow I'll be up to seeing them." She says. "Sound good ill make sure to tell them. Doctor said not to stay too long you need your sleep so I should go." I say "no please.... don't go" she says as she reaches for my arm. "Stay with me." she says "sure I'll stay." I say as I move the chair closer to her bedside. I'm about to sit down when she stops me. "Can you just hold Me." she says to me looking like she's about to cry. "I'd be happy to" I say with a smile as she carefully scoots over in bed so there is room for me. I gently wrap my arm around her and hold her close to me with her head on my chest. The second I do she starts crying into my shirt. "Hey, hey its okay, you are going to be fine." I say as I stroke her hair. "I thought I was going to lose you today. When I was flying through the air all I could think about was how I'll never get to tell you how I feel" she says through the tears. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm yours forever" I say as I place a light kiss to her forehead. She finally calms down a few minutes later as a gently rub my hand over her back in circles. "Now rest I'll be here when you wake." I say as I give her another kiss that lingers just a bit longer than the last one. 

AN: Hey guys so I was finally able to finish this one shot. It took forever since I've been low on inspiration for them. So since I've been low on inspiration I thought it be fun to ask you guys for one or two lines that they might say to each other and then build a story from that.  So what might they say to each other? As always feel free to vote, comment and leave suggestions