She's Gone

Casey's POV

"What do you mean she's gone? No, no that can't be possible. I was just in there ten minutes ago talking to her. What happened?" I say with frustration. "Well sir she went into cardiac arrest." The nurse says. "You're telling me she had a heart attack." I say confused. "Yes. That's what I'm saying sir." She says as she looks at the chat she had in her hand. "But she came in for a broken leg due to an accident at work. How does that lead to a heart attack?" I say getting angry. "I'm not sure I know what you're asking would you like me to get the doctor for you." She asks me. "Yes, yes please do." I say frustrated. "Hey man what's going on?" Severide asks me as he walks up to me. "They tell me she's gone. That she had a heart attack or something. But she was alert and taking to me with no Heart problems just a broken leg I don't understand. She can't be gone." I say. "There's got to be some explanation here she was fine this morning." Severide says. "I sure hope so. I almost lost her once I won't do it again. It was so painful the first time. I can't go through it again." I say almost on the verge of tears. "hi sorry to interrupt but I'm doctor Weston you wanted to talk to me about the patient that just died." He says "Doctor Weston wait that wasn't her doctor. I'm looking for doctor Wilks." I say confused. "No I was definitely her doctor she came in yesterday suffering from chest pains." He says looking at the chart he had. "No Sylvie Brett came in 3 days ago with a broken leg. " I say frustrated. "Says right her S. Barett died of a heart attack." He says pointing out the name. "That's sylva. This is not my girl. Her name is Sylvie Brett. Will someone tell me what's going on? I knew she should have been brought in to Chicago med and not this place." I say with frustration as the doctor just walks away from me. I throw my hands up in disbelief. "Hi I'm Nurse Martha Let me see if I can help you and track her down. I'm sorry about all the confusion. It's just we are under new management and they hired a bunch of people who have horrible bedside manners and things keep getting mixed up. Again I'm really sorry." She says to me as she walks up. "Thanks for the help. I'm Matt by the way." I say "Nice to meet you. So this girl we are looking for, she your girlfriend." She asks "she's my fiancé, As of last month." I say with a smile. "Congratulations. Sad to see you are off the market. How did you two meet?" She asks as she is looking through her tablet to help me. "We work together; she's a paramedic at the same firehouse as me. We fell In love on the job. She's my everything. I almost lost her two years ago. She got injured pretty badly in a mattress fire we responded to. I called her in thinking it was safe where I needed her but the building collapsed on her. She was in a coma for 2 months." I say as we start walking. "Awe how sweet, she sounds like a lovely girl." She says "so you can see why I need to find her." I say "yes I can see why. Just follow me I think I know where she is." She says as we take the elevator to the fifth floor. "Hey Becky is the patient Brett in room 504." She asks "she should just be getting back from getting x-rays taken." She tells us. "By the look on your face I take it she's back." Martha says. "Thank you Martha for the help. You are the best." I say giving her a hug. "Just doing my job sweetie" she tells me as I take off running down the hall to me Sylvie. "Oh I'm so glad to see you." I say kissing her a thousand times. "I'm glad to see you to but what's gotten into you." She asks me a little confused. "A lot has gone on this morning." I say "well I've got nothing but time on my hands come here and join me I could use a cuddle while you tell me the story." She says as she carefully scoots over. I carefully join her on the bed and wrap my arms around her. "Oh one sec gotta message Severide. Then I'm all yours." I say. "okay she says curling up on me. I pulled out my phone and messaged Severide. "Hey found her everything's all good I'll tell you the crazy story later. Gonna spend time with my girl." I say. "glad she's okay. Talk later" he replies. "So this story..."she says as she traces circles on my stomach. "Well you know how I stepped out to get coffee. And talk to Severide." I say. "Yeah I remember." She says looking up at me. "Well I went back to the room they had you in and you weren't there. A nurse came by and told me you passed due to a heart attack. I knew that couldn't be right. So they sent a doctor over. He told me the same thing. Except it wasn't your doctor and it wasn't even your chart they had." I said "wow" she says "yeah they had you mixed up with an S. Barrett. A lovely nurse Martha helped me find out where you were." I say "awe nurse Martha's the best. She's one of the only few who are nice around here." She says. "She's is. She's even disappointed I'm off the market" I laugh. "Well you are quite the catch. Just glad I caught you first." She says leaning up for a kiss while smiling. "Hey who caught who now? If I recall it was me who caught you." I say teasing her. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I still say it was me. But we can agree to disagree. I'm just glad we found each other." She says back with a huge smile. "Me too, just promise me you will stop scarring me with not being able to find you. This is what the 4th or 5th time you've been in a hospital I can't find you." I say. "I will do my best my love." She says as she curls up in closer. 

AN: Hey guys sorry its been a while since I posted. Life has just been crazy for me. I'm hoping it will slow down soon so I have more time to write brettsey. So What did you all think of the first two episodes. Wow they were amazing. I definitely think brettsey is going to happen. I know that she told him to leave but  I believe Matt will fight for her. As always feel free to vote comment and leave suggestions.