What am I to you?

Sylvie's pov

We dropped of the patient off at MED. It was not a good outcome. I as foster and I were heading back to the ambo we see the parents of the kid. They had just gotten the news that their 5 year old was gone.
They saw me and walked up to me. "I'm sorry there was nothing that could have been done. We did everything to try and save him." I say to the patient's family. "You should have saved him. she had her whole life ahead of her. Now nothing. What kind of Paramedics are you. You were suppose to help her. You should have done more on scene." The father says. "I'm sorry we did what we could." I say "I'm filing a formal complaint against you guys" he screams. "I did all I could, Excuse me." I say as I leave the family. I feel so numb. I've lost patients before but this was hard. I've never lost a kid. This was my first.

We had just pulled the rig back in the bay. I was in no mood to talk. I knew chief Hatcher was going to be a look into what went down on this last call. I was feeling down. I desperately need to get some air. Foster and I walk in silence into the locker room. "Brett great job today I know it was hard but you did your best" Foster says as she walks over to me. "great job how is it a great job when I just lost a patient." I say with an angry voice. "You did your best didn't you" she says to me "yes" I say "then we did everything we could." She says "but it wasn't enough" I cry out. I'm feeling overwhelmed I need to get out of here. I need air. I'm running down the hall. I pass Casey who is calling out my name but I don't stop. I keep running till I reach the back door and open it.

Casey's pov
"Brett you did everything right." I hear Foster say to her. "Then she should still be here" Brett says angrily and turns running down the hall of the bunk room to the back door."Brett, Brett" I yell but she keeps on running by me. Foster starts to go after her. "I got it she will be better off talking to me. Just let me take care of Brett." I say stopping Foster. "We lost a kid she coded on the way to MED she did everything right." she says. "Thanks" I tell her as I rush down the hall and head outside. I see Brett pacing back and forth outside The next moment she collapse and slides down the building sobbing, bringing her knees up and wrapping her arms around them. I quickly run over to her side. "Hey don't cry. It's gonna be okay I promise" I say but she pushes me away. "Foster said you did everything you could." I say trying to comfort her. But all she does is sob. I try to comfort her. I need to help her see she will get through this. "I could have done something if I had only seen it sooner. It's all my fault. If I had just given her one more... one more..." she sobs. I try to hold her but she's too angry with herself I can't. "Come sweetheart let's go to my quarters. It will do you good." I say as I try and kiss her. I can tell she's getting angrier with herself. I hate seeing her like this. "I can't do this anymore I can't handle it." She screams. I grab hold of her in my arms to try and calm her down. "It will be okay just come home with me." I say. 

Sylvie's pov
"I can't handle it anymore I'm not cut out to be a Paramedic." I scream. "It will be okay" Casey says as he holds me tight. Trying to calm me down. "We will get through this together. I promise." He says trying to kiss me again. I try and fight his grip. I eventually get out of it. I wrap my mind around what he's trying to do. It seems to happen a lot. I seem to let him in every time I feel down. He gets what he wants stays for a bit then he leaves. "I don't know how I'm going to get through this she was only 5." I scream "I'm here for you" he says. "Convenient for you every time I'm down in the dumps" I say angry and confused about us. "What are you talking about?" He asks. "You dam well know what I'm talking about" I say "I don't know what you mean?" he asks "What am I to you. Someone you work with, a friend, or someone you use. What am I? I say as I stand up of the ground. I hear Casey get up off the floor and walk up behind me. I could feel the energy in the atmosphere change. It was a calm feeling that came over both of us. "You're mine." He says as he wraps his arms around me. "I'm sorry I've been the way I've been. I'll be better. I will try harder. And we will get this chief Hatcher review together." He says "promise me we will be okay that we can be a normal couple. That we don't have to hide who we are." I say as I turn to face him " I promise." He says "I'm all yours then." I say kissing him. "You're all mine. The only one I'll love forever." He says kissing me back. "Come we should finish our shift before they come looking for us" I say "wait I wanna make it up to you. Let's go to Molly's after work as a couple." He says with a smile "I'd love that." I say as we head back to the common room.

AN: Hey guys hope you enjoyed this one shot. I will try and upload on Sunday. I'm in the process of writing a mini story one shot on here. It will consist of 3 chapters for now maybe more later on not sure.  As always feel free to vote, comment and leave suggestions.