Ch 164: Stage Change

There were ten minutes left before the play started, yet most of the seats were already taken, but compared to them, this VIP room really was the best as Swire had said. From here, on the second floor, they could see the entire stage.

Lin Ye looks around curiously.

There were only two seats in the whole room. With its privacy and vantage point, it's no wonder the tickets Swire gave him could be sold at a high price.

But Lin Ye still didn't think it was worth coming here. Nevertheless, he was here, because he didn't want to offend Swire.

"How long will this play last?" Lin Ye asks.

"Did you read the poster outside?" Swire glances at Lin Ye, "About three hours."

"..."

Lin Ye rubs his forehead anxiously.

Three hours!

Quite frankly, he didn't think he could watch this kind of drama for more than one hour, let alone three.

"Do you want anything?" Swire picks up a menu.

"What do they have?"

"We can choose snacks and drinks. Just mark whatever you want and put the menu in the box outside. Someone will deliver them within ten minutes." She gives him the menu, "Take a look."

Lin Ye skims the list and marks a few things, "I'll have the cake and... a glass of orange juice."

"I want a cup of coffee with two cubes of brown sugar and one ounce of milk froth."

Lin Ye marks her orders as well.

Swire leans back in her chair, while Lin Ye goes outside to drop off the menu.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

When he comes back, Lin Ye suddenly realizes something.

This large private room has great sound insulation, and it's very dark, suitable for some... secret affairs.

Lin Ye sits back down and leans towards Swire, "Superintendent Swire-"

"Don't call me Superintendent Swire." Swire frowns. "And what is it?"

"Can you tell me more about Rhine Lab?"

"Now?" Swire says, "Can't you just watch the show?"

"It hasn't started yet. " Lin Ye says, "Um. I'm just bored."

"And so you want to talk about Rhine Lab?" Swire says sarcastically.

"Why not?"

She shakes her head, "That's why you don't have a girlfriend."

What does that have to do with this?

Lin Ye rolls his eyes inwardly and lets Swire tease him.

Swire asks, "You have friends that worked there before. Why don't you ask them instead?"

"They won't tell me."

"Why? Do you have a bad relationship with them?"

"No. That's not the problem."

"So, why? By the way, Ch'en said that you're a psychologist in Rhodes Island. Do they really need a psychologist?", Swire turns to look at Lin Ye, "Why does a psychologist carry a sword? Is it decoration or a real weapon?"

Before Lin Ye could answer, all the lights suddenly went out.

A few seconds later, the lights are turned on and concentrated on the stage.