Ch 176: Enter The Dragon (Again)

After bidding farewell to Exusiai, Lin Ye decides to go back to his dorm and sleep, but just as he reaches the ground floor, a sports car grinds to a stop in front of him.

When the driver's side window is lowered, Lin Ye sees Ch'en looking at him.

"Officer Ch'en?", Lin Ye's eyes widen in surprise, "Did you come here to for something?"

"I'm here for you.", Ch'en says, "Hop on.

Lin Ye's mouth twitches. After some brief hesitation, he gets in the car without asking any questions.

{Rhodes Island's Pyschologist}

As she speeds down the road, Ch'en notices Lin Ye's strange expression from the rearview mirror. She asks, "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing." Lin Ye shakes his head.

"Just tell me."

"Alright." Lin Ye says bluntly, "Is the LGD rich?"

She frowns slightly, "Why do you ask?"

"Because you and Officer Shi both drive sports cars to work."

"This is her car. I only borrowed it.", she glances at him through the rearview mirror, "Not to mention, you probably don't want me picking you up with a cop car."

She adds, "By the way, her surname is Swire, not Shi. You'd better not make that mistake in front of her."

"Thanks. I'll remember that." He nods, "So... why were you looking for me?"

"I have some questions.", she says, "You're one of the only two survivors from that night. Originally, you were supposed to give us a statement in the station, but I told them to give you a break after seeing your injuries..."

"Than-"

"... But you had the time to go on a date. It seems you're fine, so come give us the statement now."

"Uh..." Lin Ye pauses. The conversation turns awkward.

He can't help but ask, "How did you know? Did you-"

Lin Ye wants to know if she had been spying on him, but then he remembers that when he talked to Exusiai, they were right next to a glass wall. Still, being spied on makes him feel uncomfortable.

Ch'en seems to have realized something, "Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. It's a habit I picked up from my job, and I haven't been able to change it. I actually know that girl."

Lin Ye looks at her curiously. He hadn't expected to get an apology from someone as prideful as her.

"Uh." He coughs, "We were talking about a past contract. That's all."

He looks ahead and asks, "So, are we going to the LGD right now?"

"No.", Ch'en shakes her head and suddenly hits the gas, "To the hospital."

{Rhodes Island's Pyschologist}

Twenty minutes later, the sports car arrived at Lungmen's largest hospital. Then, Ch'en brought Lin Ye to the top floor that was reserved for the VIP.

Lin Ye looks at the ward in front of him, not quite sure who he's about to meet. When he is about to knock on the door, Ch'en shoves it open.

He follows her inside and sees Swire on the only sickbed in the room. There is also the officer he met the other day. If he remembers correctly, her codename was Hoshiguma.

"What?! That damn dragon drove away with my car?! Who gave her permission?!", Swire protests in front of Hoshiguma, "She can't even ride a bike straight. What if she crashes my car?!"

Then, Swire sees Ch'en walking toward her with a gloomy look.

Ch'en takes the car key from her pocket and tosses it at Swire's face, "Damn cat, who cares about your car?!"

Just as Swire is about to curse back, she sees Lin Ye behind Ch'en, forcing her to swallow her words. "Why are you here?"

Before Lin Ye can answer her, Ch'en gives Swire a "gift."

"What is this?"

"Your speeding ticket.", Ch'en says lightly, "You're welcome."

Swire's expression turns menacing immediately, "Damn dragon! You stole my car to earn me a ticket?! Don't move!"

"Come get it then.", Ch'en looks down at her, "I'll send you to the ICU and keep you there for another month."

Hoshiguma sighs and holds her forehead helplessly, "Oh, come on you two. Ch'en, Swire is already injured. Can't you be more patient with her?"

Swire glares at Ch'en, "I don't need that damn dragon to be patient with me!"

Ch'en glares back, "Is this stray cat from the ICU? Do I need to bring her back?"

Lin Ye listens to their bickering gleefully... no, awkwardly. But after a few minutes, he suddenly remembers how they argued for hours last time. If he doesn't do anything, they'll just end up wasting his time again.

He coughs, "Uh, can I give my statement now?"

The other three look at him curiously.

Swire asks, "Statement? Who told you?"

"Ch'en... No, it was me.", Hoshiguma coughs awkwardly. She then takes a notebook and a pen out of her bag, "You and Dr. Lin were the only survivors of that terrorist attack, and Dr. Lin left early, so his statement was delayed. Since you're both here right now, you can give your statements together. There's no need to go through all the procedures."

Ch'en glares at Swire again, but wordlessly. She just finds a chair and sits as far away from Swire as possible.

Swire turns to look at Lin Ye, with a raised eyebrow, "Have you recovered already?"

"Yeah. I wasn't really that hurt, to begin with.", he asks, "How about you?"

"I'm fine." She says, "They were just some thugs. If they hadn't ambushed me, I would have easily taken care of them."

Right after Swire says that Ch'en pipes up, "Yeah, sure, keep talking big. Don't get yourself killed next time."

"Damn dragon!" Swire glares at her, "You just want to go against me!"

"I'm telling the truth here.", Ch'en turns to look at her, "That organization already knew you would be going there. They definitely took into account your strengths and weaknesses. Even if you weren't ambushed, they would still have found a way to deal with you. You should feel lucky. If it weren't because of him, you would have certainly died."

Swire is left speechless.

{Rhodes Island's Pyschologist}

Draft by Jaqqy10

Proofread by Demosama & PanzerComrade56

Edit by Jaqqy10