Ch 49: Ifrit (Part 2)

Lin Yie wants to run away. He really did.

However, a certain devil grips his collar and sounds quite angry, "What's wrong with you? Are you really from Rhodes Island? Why have I never seen you before?"

"I already said I am a new intern... the ID is not fake."

"Then pay my bill. I will pay you back when we return."

"Sorry, I don't have money. Bye!"

Ifirit is going mad, "Then, why did you intervene?"

Lin Yie is also getting angry, "I wanted to help you! But who knew you could eat so much. Are you even a human? Oh sorry, you are a devil... so why did you eat so much?! If I pay for you, I will have to sell myself as well! That a big nope!"

"Then stay here. I will go back to get money and buy you back."

"It's your bill. Why do I have to sell myself?!" Lin Yie says, "How about you let me go and I get money for you?"

"You!" Ifirt says, "Are you playing me for a fool? I warn you, I can spit fire. Don't irritate me."

"Tsk. So? I can spit water." Lin Yie disdains her.

However, before Lin Yie can ridicule her even more, Ifrit raises her hand, and a red flame appears in her palm. Lin Yie is shocked.

(She really can use fire! Devils can spit fire... Hmm, they should be able to do that.)

Lin Yie asks hesitantly, "Are you a caster?"

"Of course."

"Are you a Sarkaz?"

"Can't you see?"

"You lied. Sarkaz's are medics." Lin Yie says, 

"Devils are kind, not murderers or arsonists. You are a fake devil! Let me go!!"

Ifrit is confused, "What are you talking about?"

The server stares at Lin Yie, "Are you paying or not?"

"I didn't eat these things..."

"Then, why did you intervene?"

Lin Yie doesn't know what to say.

(Yeah... Why did I intervene?)

He wanted to help Ifrit because she is from Rhodes Island, but who knew his wallet couldn't afford his goodwill? His savings from two years of hardwork in Chernobog aren't even that much. Aren't vets supposed to make a lot? Oh! maybe psychologists make more?

(There still hope for me!!)

Gossips begin to spread as Lin Yie struggles to get out of the situation.

Most of the gossips are about Ifrit, such as "That Infected is so disrespectful. She won't even let her helper go," "Lungmen should follow Ursus's example and quarantine all Infected," "Letting the Infected roam freely will only harm us," and "We should tell the police to arrest her."

But the gossips about Lin Yie are quite uniform.

"Pauper." "Poor soul can't even afford some sweets. Fortunately, I can."

Lin Yie is upset, but he can't do anything.

Ifrit releases him.

He sees Ifrit lower her head and back away.

"Leave me." She waves at him dismissively and looks away,"Just let me stay here."

Now that she said this, Lin Yie doesn't feel right to leave her.

"I can't do that."

"You are so annoying!" Ifrit glares at him, 

"You want to come and go as you pleased. Now I let you go, and you don't want to leave. Are you going against me intentionally?! Do you know what happens when you go against Lord Ifrit?!"

Lin Yie is speechless. He feels very guilty.

"Then, I am leaving." Lin Yie asks, "Just wait here. I will get money for you. I should ask Kal'tsit, right?"

"Don't ask Dr Kal'tsit!"

"... Then, who should I ask? Rangers?"

"Who's that?"

"..."

"Just go!" Ifrit finds a chair and sits there, "I don't need anyone's help. I, Lord Ifrit, take responsibility for my own actions."

"... Maybe you shouldn't sound so righteous now."

Ifrit glares at Lin Yie, but then, she whispers so that only Lin Yie can hear her, "I actually brought money... But not enough. I didn't think the food here costs so much."

"Then pay them." Lin Yie says, "I will pay the rest, but you have to pay me back."

"I don't think you can afford it."

"How much did you bring?"

Ifrit gives him a number, and Lin Yie stands there stupefied.

"What the hell!" Lin Yie says quietly, 

"You can't even afford a cup of red tea with that amount! And you ordered so many things?! Was that intentional or do you lack common sense!? Are you an idiot!! You are an idiot!"

"I really didn't know! What can I do?!" Ifrit glares at him. Even though she is wrong, she still seems self-righteous, 

"I rarely leave home. Even when I do, I follow that person, and that person pays for everything. This is my first time going outside alone, and that person doesn't know. I just wanted to try some coffee and cake. Who knew... If that person knows..."

Ifrit keeps on complaining, and Lin Yie gains a basic understanding of the situation and what type of person she is.

(Another annoying brat...)

"Alright. You can go, but don't tell anyone else." Ifrit dismisses him, "If you tell anybody, I will punish you."

Lin Yie nods.

He will tell her parents. Watching naughty kids getting disciplined by their parents is another great joy in his life.

Before he leaves, Ifrit grips his clothes again. He looks down at her. 

She is clenching her teeth and looking uncomfortable.

Lin Yie notices the gossips are getting wilder.

If the kid is normal, people would be watching the drama unfold and ridiculing the kid. 

However, it is another matter when the kid is infected. Everyone is watching her, and gossips stab her heart like knives with malicious intent. Lin Yie thought this girl wouldn't mind the gossips, but he was wrong.

Even the shop owner came to the counter to ask the server what happened.

After hearing what the server said, the owner nods and says calmly, "Just call the police."

Lin Yie sees Ifrit tremble at those words.

"They are going to arrest you. Are you sure you don't want your parents to know?"

Ifrit glares at Lin Yie, trying to act brave "What does that have to do with you? Just go."

Lin Yie sighs and smiles at her. He pats her head for a bit. Ifrit is to stunts to do anything but let him pat her head. She calms down. She can't hear the words of the other customers.

Then after a moment, he walks towards the counter. 

He smiles while taking his credit card out, "This kid is a bit naughty, but there's no need for the police to be involved. Um... Just swipe my card."