Ch 71: Are Vets And Psychologists Different?

Her voice sounds somewhat familiar. Lin Yie looks back to his past and recalls who she is. He is stunned. Yes, this is the girl. She gave that silver python to him as payment for treating her dog. 

He couldn't recognize her right away, because she wore a big hat and a face mask that day, but importantly, her antlers were covered by her hat. Even though he knew she wasn't a nobody.

 after all, an ordinary person would not have a well-fed husky like hers, not to mention she had two bodyguards or the gun she gave away so generously

there was no way he could think she is the daughter of Lungmen's ruler!

Fate sure loves playing games...

It is also quite embarrassing how the girl talked about how he put his hand in her husky's butt to treat its constipation problem.

What did you mean I used my entire hand?! I only used one finger!

Even though Lin Yie is yelling in his mind, he doesn't dare to say that in front of Wei. He just smiles at her stiffly.

"Doctor, doctor, do you still remember me?" The girl asks Lin Yie excitedly.

Wei interrupts the conversation by putting his hand on her head, "I apologize for her shameful display. This is my daughter, Muyue. She's always been mischievous. And 'Haha' is our dog."

Then, he looks at Lin Yie and says politely, "Muyue really likes Haha, and she treats it like family, so we thank you for your help

Then, he looks at Lin Yie and says politely, "Muyue really likes Haha, and she treats it like family, so we thank you for your help."'

Lin Yie nods, but he is actually hoping that Wei won't ask him to return the gun.

"Don't worry." Wei says, as if he read Lin Yie's mind, "Even though we gave the gun to Muyue for self-defense, and we did feel upset when she gave it away, we have never blamed you. Since she made the decision, you may as well keep it. I am not rich, but I can still afford a gun."

Fumizuki smiles and nods, "As my husband said, we always treat Haha like family, and family is more important than a gun. Once again, we thank you for saving Haha."

Lin Yie doesn't know how to feel right now

Lin Yie doesn't know how to feel right now. He can't help but think that the dog's name is mocking him.

Chen suddenly speaks, "I had no idea you have Mistress's gun. Is this fate? But... aren't you working in Rhodes Island? If I remember correctly, you are a psychologist, right? Why did you work as a vet in Chernobog?"

"..."

As if she predicted Lin Yie's reaction, Chen uses this chance to turn the conversation against Kal'tsit.

"Ms. Kal'tsit." Chen smiles.

Damn.

"Oh? Dr. Lin is also a psychologist in Rhodes Island?" Wei also smiles, "What a surprise."

Kal'tsit says, "Yes, Dr. Lin did work in Chernobog for two years, and his patients gave him a lot of gifts."

Please stop... stop embarrassing me.

"The veterinary career is no longer challenging for him." Kal'tsit says, "That's why he came to us to open a new page in his life."

"From veterinary to psychology? That page is really new," Chen says.

"Indeed, but we believe in him." Kal'tsit nods, 

"During his entry test, we found out he has more talent for psychology than veterinary work, because compared to his insight in psychology, his achievements as a vet are insignificant."

Lin Yie looks at Kal'tsit with surprise.

Am I that great?

"Perhaps."

"There is the only certainty." Kal'tsit looks at Chen, "As I said a few days ago, Madam Chen , you can ask him to treat your insomnia. I did say he is a professional, and that wasn't a lie."

Chen frowns.

"You are telling me to ask a vet to treat my insomnia?"

"Yes." Kal'tsit nods, 

"Dr. Lin could easily make cats in heat and violent dogs fall asleep, so I am sure he has a solution for you."

Chen's face darkens.

Lin Yie is sweating nonstop.

Stop it, please! I can make cats and dogs sleep, but not a violent dragon with a sword!

Wei can also tell the conversation is going the wrong direction, but before he can interrupt, his daughter suddenly claps in excitement.

"That's great!" Muyue holds Chen's hands and looks at Lin Yie with expectation, "Sister Chen's mental state has been pretty bad lately. Doctor, please help her!"