Ch 81: I Think Your Requirement Is Too Hard To Meet

A certain white devil is eating a cake under her blanket.

Lin Yie sighs, "Can't you get up first? The crumbs are everywhere."

"Nope." Nightingale mumbles, "It's cold outside."

"But I already turned the AC off."

Nightingale's mouth is covered with cake crumbs, "I just want to be in bed... I'm thirsty."

Lin Yie sighs, "Alright, alright, just stay there. I will get the water for you."

"I want yogurt."

Sigh.

A few minutes later, Nightingale is holding her cake with one hand and yogurt with another, enjoying herself to the fullest. Lin Yie just watches her quietly.

In the end, Nightingale breaks the silence.

"Pineapple Bun, where were you last night?" Nightingale asks, "Did you go back?"

"No, I was there with you the whole night." Lin Yie asks, "Liz, do you remember what happened last night?"

"Yes."

Lin Yie nervously asks, "What do you remember?"

Nightingale takes another bite of her cake and mumbles, "You... slept with... Madam Chen."

"..."

Lin Yie takes a deep breath, "I meant after you fell asleep."

Nightingale shakes her head, "I don't know what you did to me when I was sleeping."

After finishing her cake, Nightingale licks her fingers clean and drinks her yogurt. If it weren't for her horns, Lin Yie wouldn't have thought she is a devil. Well, the way she talks gives him a headache sometimes, but he is almost used to that now.

Lin Yie takes another deep breath and goes straight to the point.

"Did you have a nightmare?" He asks, "What did you see in the dream? Did you see me?"

"My dream?"

Nightingale thinks for a moment.

"Did you have a nightmare?" Lin Yie asks again, "Even if it wasn't a nightmare, did you see me in your dream?"

"I don't know." Nightingale shakes her head, "I don't remember."

"Oh..."

Nightingale sips her yogurt again.

Lin Yie watches her from the side. He wants to talk to her. He wants to ask her more questions. But he doesn't want to hurt her. He sighs again, recalling what Kal'tsit told him.

Liz, what should I do?

...

A few days later, Rhodes Island operators in Lungmen are going back to Rhodes Island.

Nightingale was quite dissatisfied with the early end of her trip. There is still too much food she wants to try in Lungmen, but Lin Yie can't afford the food, so he used his trump card, Rhodes Island's specialty, the pineapple buns, and Nightingale changed her mind immediately.

When Lin Yie goes inside the van that will take him back to Rhodes Island, he feels relieved, but before he can take a nap in the car, he sees the one next to him.

I guess I won't be sleeping then.

"Hey, what's that face about?" A little fire dragon grumbles, "Do you really not want to see Lord Ifrit?"

Before Lin Yie can say anything, someone knocks her head.

"Ow!"

"Don't be disrespectful." Silence says softly, "That's Dr. Lin."

"Ha? How can I Lord Ifrit..."

Silence glances at her.

"Nice to... see you." Ifrit changes her words.

Lin Yie almost chuckles at the sight.

Silence smiles at him, "Dr. Lin, I heard about that night already. Thank you very much for saving Ifrit. If anything happened to her, I wouldn't know what to do."

"Ifrit." Silence looks at her kid, "What should you say to Dr. Lin right now? I taught you before."

"..."

Lin Yie can't help but chuckle, but suddenly, something feels off.

Silence's face is facing me, but... her body is not?!

Lin Yie freezes.

Silence doesn't know what is going on in Lin Yie's mind. She continues on the conversation like normal, "Kal'tsit told me that you are recruiting assistants. Is that right?"

Lin Yie stutters.

Silence says, "I want to recommend someone to you. She's a really good kid."

Lin Yie doesn't know what to say, but when he sees that other people in the car are seemingly unaffected by the sight, he forces himself to calm down.

"Actually, I already read your recruitment notice." Silence says, "But one of your requirements is too hard to meet. Can you relax it?"

"Sure, the second one is a bit harsh." Lin Yie says, "Not everyone has the relevant experiences."

"I meant the first one."

"Oh..."