Ch 183: Little Dragon Lost Control

Lin Ye knew ACE was strong. After all, ACE was the captain of the elite squad E3. However, he never thought Ace would be this strong. Facing a giant that was taller and tougher looking than himself, Ace killed the giant effortlessly, without even using a gun.

After finishing the fight on his side, ACE goes to El and finishes off his opponent.

Compared to ACE, El was obviously weaker. The latter only managing to lock himself and his enemy in a stalemate.

"Get a grip.", ACE pats El on the shoulder, "We can't afford to lose anyone right now, and Dr. Silence needs our help. Ifrit already went after her. We need to get them both back."

El pants, still recovering from the fight, "I, I know."

ACE nods and leads them towards the factory.

They first walk past the truck that exploded. It's now in two pieces and covered in flames. They don't know what's burning, but when they walk closer, they can see some burnt, charred husks that seem to belong to some insects.

Lin Ye expected to see the dead bodies of Ace's team members, but when he gets closer to the factory, he sees that the team was fine. Although most of them are injured, nobody died from the explosion.

From the degrees of injuries, it seems the heavily armed guards protected the others from the brunt of the explosion, which explains why they're hurt so badly. Many of them have injuries similar to Ace's, severe burns and bruises.

"Captain!"

One of the team members throws a potion at ACE. ACE catches it and pours the liquid on his wounds. Immediately, his wounds are covered in dim green lights and closing rapidly. This reminds Lin Ye of Nightingale, who healed his injuries in seconds with a spell, but the potion doesn't seem to be as effective as Nightingale's spell.

Another operator walks up to ACE, "Captain, without Dr. Silence's assistance, we won't be able to recover our fighting strength, and some of our injuries are too severe, especially Stinger's. Our potions can't do anything."

Lin Ye follows the operator's hand and sees a heavy who has fallen unconscious.

ACE glances at Stinger briefly and says, "Leave two behind to watch Stinger. The others follow me inside. We need to rescue Dr. Silence and Ifrit.

"!"

ACE looks at his team members, who are visibly shocked to hear Ifrit wasn't here, "Yes, she left to find Silence.", he says with a low voice, "We absolutely can't allow Ifrit to lose control."

It seems everyone of E3 knew about Ifrit's condition, judging from their serious looks. Lin Ye stays silent, as Ace makes the last-minute arrangement.

Unlike when he had to escape with Nightingale or more recently, with Swire, this time Lin Ye had the help of a professional squad. It's best to listen to ACE.

ACE then turns to Lin Ye and hands him a potion. Lin Ye pauses, "I'm not hurt."

"Take it.", Ace says, "Frankly, I really don't want you to come with us, but we need you to control her."

"Me?"

"Silence said if there was the third person that could control Ifrit, that'd be you.", ACE whispers, "I can count on you, right?"

Lin Ye nods hesitantly. Although he had heard about what Ifrit did when she went berserk, Lin Ye had never seen it personally. Still, everyone that did see it first-hand said that Ifrit was more terrifying than Nightingale.

If Nightingale intuitively separates herself from the others when she loses control, what about Ifrit? What would she do if she loses control?

Lin Ye takes the potion from ACE's hand while pondering the question.

"Don't worry about me.", Ace smiles, "Honestly, you deserve a raise. You've done so much more than what your job requires, not to mention the amount of crap you've gone through with me."

He pats Lin Ye on the shoulder, "Leave the fighting to us and focus on controlling Ifrit."

Lin Ye nods, but when he's about to say something, his phone suddenly rings. He takes it out and sees the caller is Skadi.

This is her second time calling him.

Is it urgent?

When Lin Ye is about to answer the call, the ground suddenly starts to shake. The temperature around him is going up rapidly.

Everyone looks up subconsciously.

"!"

Columns of flames shoot out of the factory, dying the sky red.

Only one person that Lin Ye know could only do that

Ifrit!

"Crap.", ACE mumbles, as he shouts at his team, "Put on your gas masks. We're going in NOW!"

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Demosama

Proofread by Demosama & PanzerComrade56

Edit by Jaqqy10