Chapter 153: Undercurrent Part 1

Regarding Ch'en's request, Lin Yie wasn't surprised, dreams were very private things, and most people were unwilling to share them. Especially so when Lin Yie's ability detected whatever seems to be the deepest attachment in their heart.

"I won't talk to other people.", Lin Yie said, "So you don't need to worry."

Ch'en looked into his eyes before saying, "Yeah, thanks.", and then began to eat the buns.

While Lin Yie and Ch'en were busy eating, Lin Yie suddenly thought to himself. The ability to enter a dream was a new concept for him. It has never been seen before in both worlds. Was this a coincidence? Did the ability to enter a dream come to him after coming to this world, or did he have it even before coming here? Clearly, he never entered other people's dreams when touching them, before meeting Ch'en, n-not in a perverted way...

Wait, that's right. Before meeting Ch'en, it hadn't occurred with Nightingale. When he first came to Lungmen, Nightingale fell asleep on his shoulder several times, but it didn't trigger his dream entering power. So, Ch'en was the key to unlocking his dreaming ability.

Lin Yie looked at Ch'en's face and fell into thought.

"Do you always stare at other people, when you eat?" lightly remarked Ch'en.

"Ah?", Lin Yie jolts, realizing that he'd been staring at her for too long, 

"Oh sorry! I kinda spaced out a bit."

Lin Yie picked up a bun and quickly stuffed it into his mouth. The bun was thin, and the taste was really delicious.

"That's right.", Lin Yie suddenly thought of something and asked Ch'en, "Have all the people who attacked the building last time been caught?"

Ch'en paused in her eating. After hearing Lin Yie's words, she put the buns down again, shaking her head, "The person named W should have left the dragon gate that night, and I couldn't find her anywhere. The rest of the people died at the scene that night, and we couldn't catch a single one alive."

"Well, it's a very tricky terrorist organization.", Ch'en glanced at Lin Yie and said slowly, "You've probably heard from other people that they've been trying to disguise themselves as LGD personnel. Crazy. This is the first time that the LGD has encountered such a tricky enemy."

"It seems that the defector from the terrorist organization must have acquired some important information if they want them that bad.", Lin Yie sighed, "Do you know what that is?"

Ch'en didn't answer, electing to continue drinking her tea.

Lin Yie realized something, "Ah. Sorry, that's probably secret information, I shouldn't ask."

"It's not a secret.", Ch'en put her tea down and shook her head, "I can't say because we don't know. The LGD was hired by the Ursus empire. What Ursus wants with the prisoner, we don't know. The LGD's job is to bring deliver that guy into their hands only."

"Is that so? I thought it was confidential, so it wouldn't be convenient to say."

"They are secrets. I just told you, they're all secrets in the strict sense." Lin Yie let his mouth drop involuntarily, looking at Ch'en.

"I thought it was confidential. Are you telling me that I'm going to be killed because of my mouth after this meal?", seeing Lin Yie's paling face, Ch'en quickly elaborates.

"It's a secret, but it's also a useless secret.", Ch'en said, "It's practically an open secret. Ursus knows the guard knows, Rhodes Island knows it, even the enemy knows it. What's the secret?"

Lin Yie could sense some irritation in Ch'en's tone, then he thought of something, "It should have been secret that you were disguising that prisoner as an officer of the LGD. Rhodes Island didn't know, but the terrorist organization clearly knows it. Don't you think it's weird?"