Ch 147: Another Devil To Take Care Of (Part 2)

If it weren't because of that message, Lin Yie would have forgotten his task, that is, taking care of another brat.

He sighs wearily.

Maybe he should rename his clinic to "nursery" instead.

After getting ready for the day, he walks toward Ifrit's room while yawning

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

*Knock* *Knock*

"Ifrit!" Lin Yie shouts, "Your mom asked me to bring you to the cafeteria."

No response.

Lin Yie checks the room number to be sure.

This is her room.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Open the door." Lin Yie knows that the way to deal with a brat is through persistence. He shouts again, "Open the door! Open the door! Open the door!"

After knocking for more than ten minutes, the door is finally opened, but that's not Ifrit on the other side. It's Ptilopsis.

"Ptilopsis?" Lin Yie pauses, "Why are you here?"

Ptilopsis says, "This is Operator Ptilopsis's dorm."

"But isn't this Ifrit's... Oh, you're roommates."

"This is dorm is shared by three people: Operator Ptilopsis, Ms. Silence, and Ifrit."

"But shouldn't you have left already?" Lin Yie asks, "Why are you still here?"

"The plan changed. Ms. Silence left alone." Ptilopsis says, "Dr. Lin, Ptilopsis thinks knocking on someone's door in the morning is immoral."

"Uh-huh. Tell me about it."

"Ptilopsis could not detect your guilt. Please repeat."

Lin Yie rolls his eyes and knocks on her head, "Tell me, what time is it? Silence asked me to bring Ifrit to have breakfast, but where is she?"

Ptilopsis tilts her head, "Ifrit is sleeping."

"Tsk. Go wake her up."

"Operator Ptilopsis declined your request. System demands rest."

"What do you mean 'rest?' It's already time to work." Lin Yie says, "Oh, that's right. You didn't even show up to work for two days. Are you going to do that again?"

Ptilopsis asks, "Ptilopsis doesn't understand."

Lin Yie proceeds to describe her absence.

After listening to Lin Yie's complaint, Ptilopsis shakes her head, "Ptilopsis has important tasks assigned by Ms. Amiya. Ptilopsis just finished a twenty-hour shift and only fell asleep just now."

"Uh, really?"

Lin Yie lowers his gaze out of shame. He doesn't even work that hard himself, and yet, he's here lecturing Ptilopsis, who works harder than him.

He softens his voice, "Then, sleep well. You don't have to worry about what goes on in my clinic. It's fine if you don't come."

Ptilopsis's ears shake slightly, "Thank you for understanding."

"It's fine. By the way, are you guys still working on the orders?"

Ptilopsis shakes her head, "That's the production team's job. Operator Ptilopsis is Rhodes Island's database administrator, whose job is to maintain data."

"What does that mean?"

"Recording the attendance and deployment of operators, and adjusting annual bonuses."