Ch 119: Join My Clinic! All Requirements Are Waived For You!

Skadi's tone was calm and soft, but her words made Lin Yie feel he just did something inexcusable. It was Amiya who put him here. He's just a manager with no actual power over this floor. So, why does he feel he just did something wrong?

Lin Yie opens and closes his mouth a few times, trying to come up with words. After a moment of silence, he says, "Nobody told me anything about that."

"I know. The people here usually don't talk about me."

"Did you try approaching them?"

"What do you mean?"

"Uh, the rumors about you are, uh, unrealistic?" Lin Yie actually wants to use the word "horrifying," but he doesn't want to anger her. He says, "But you seem normal... a very normal person." But when he recalls about the hole in the bathroom wall, Lin Yie doesn't feel as confident about his statement anymore.

"You think I'm normal." Skadi's mouth curls upward slightly, revealing an ambiguous smile. This is Lin Yie's first time seeing this kind of expression on her face. Skadi says, "I advise you to keep at least two meters away from me, for your own good. And of course, you shouldn't speak to me either."

Lin Yie can't help but look down to see if he's really two meters away from her.

He thinks for a moment and asks, "Do you hate socializing?"

"Doctor," Skadi says softly, "I'm not your patient."

"I'm sorry," Lin Yie scratches his head, "It's just an old habit."

"Don't apologize," Skadi shakes her head, "Apologies mean little to me."

Lin Yie's mouth twitches.

What do you want me to do then?

Lin Yie says, "I think you are overthinking this. First of all, I'm not recruiting that many people, and I promise we won't disrupt your rest. After all, we leave right after standard work hours. We don't stay here at night."

Skadi glances at the clock.

Lin Yie explains, "Tonight is an exception."

"Perhaps," Skadi says, "But if Rhodes Island wants to use the fourth floor, I'm willing to move to another place."

"Where would you go?"

"I'm not picky, as long as it's quiet."

Lin Yie is speechless. Isn't this just too depressing? He's suffering from his guilty conscience.

"No, no, no, you don't have to do that. I'm sure there is a compromise," Lin Yie says, "Can you define what 'quiet' means to you? To be honest, tonight is an exception. Otherwise, we wouldn't be here."

"I know," Skadi nods, "Even though I saw you at night twice, I'm willing to think this is just an accident."

Lin Yie is left speechless again.

Skadi shakes her head, "You don't have to care about my feelings. Otherwise, you won't be able to explain this to Kal'tsit."

For some reason, Skadi seems to harbor some... hostility toward Kal'tsit? That's how Lin Yie sees this.

"That's it for tonight then," Skadi stands up, revealing her alluring thighs again, "I apologize for scaring you and causing trouble tonight, but there won't be another time. Actually, I didn't want to come back tonight, but I was covered in blood, and there was nowhere to go."

Lin Yie calls out to her before she leaves, "They said you rarely stay in Rhodes Island, so where do you usually stay? Home?"

Skadi pauses, but she doesn't turn her head. She mutters, "Home?"

Lin Yie doesn't know what to say. He has no idea what happened in her past, but he feels he should help her. That's what Amiya asked him to do. Therefore, he falls into thought, trying to find something to say.

Skadi walks toward the door, but Lin Yie calls out to her again, "I found a solution." He takes out a copy of his recruitment notice from his drawer, "Ms. Skadi, are you interested in joining Rhodes Island's psychological clinic? We're down to the last spot."

Skadi turns her head this time, glints of surprise flashing in her red pupils.

"I don't understand."

"It's simple," Lin Yie says, "Kal'tsit gave me three slots, and one of them was given to Lungmen, so I don't know when I will get a response from them. The other assistant is Ptilopsis. I'm not sure if you know her, but she slacks off a lot and sleeps during work, so she's really quiet. I don't know if you're willing to trust me, but if you work here, I don't think you will be bothered."

"What do you want to say?"

Lin Yie waves the notice again, "If you accept this position, you don't need to find a new place to live in. Even though I only joined Rhodes Island a month ago, I think this place is the best option for you, so please stay. No, I should say, please join my clinic. I treat my employees well. After all, I didn't even fire Ptilopsis for slacking off."

He was just joking in that last sentence.

But she's not smiling.

"I think I understand now," Skadi says, "But I have to say, it's not a good idea."

"Why?"

"I already looked over your recruitment notice."

"Ah, you mean this?" Lin Yie throws the notice aside, "It's just a joke. I didn't even count on finding anyone that can meet all the requirements. As long as you're willing to join, I will waive them for you.."

Skadi sighs softly, "I can see your intentions are good. You really are different from the other people in Rhodes Island. You are not scared of me, nor do you discriminate against me, but did you look at my profile? My past is horrible. If you stay near me, the same misfortune will befall you, and that's trouble for me too."

Lin Yie scratches his head, "Really?"

"Have you heard about bounty hunters?"

"Just a little."

"I'm one of them," Skadi says, "And I specialize in killing people. Psychologists are supposed to bring hope to others, but I only bring disasters to people. Therefore, doctor, stay away from me like the others in Rhodes Island. I don't need sympathy."

Skadi walks toward the door again.

Lin Yie feels if he lets her go this time, there won't be another chance.

He gets up and shouts, "Only a coward would willingly stay in the dark." But he immediately regrets what he just said.

Skadi turns her head around once again, but this time, her gaze changes slightly.

"Are you saying I'm weak?"

Lin Yie suddenly feels a drop in temperature. He can't help but shudder.

What the fuck?! Is this killing intent?!

Lin Yie finally understands why everyone else avoids the residents on this floor. He looks at Skadi closely. He can't tell if this is an illusion, but he can see tidal waves smashing the shore behind her. There are even huge shadows underneath the waves.

He's not sure what he is seeing, but Skadi is exuding pressure that suffocates him.

He takes a step back subconsciously, but he then suddenly remembers what Saria told him.

"Seeing is better than hearing. You should take a look at yourself."

Lin Yie stops himself from retreating and forces out a smile, "If you aren't, why not give it a try?"

Skadi squints, "Are you taunting me?"

Her killing intent intensifies.

"Of course not," Lin Yie extends his right hand and answers in a serious tone, even though he's struggling to speak, "I'm inviting you."

----------------------

Proofread by PanzerComrade56