Ch 169: LGD! On Your Knees, Now!

Lin Ye is on the brink of collapse after expending all of his stamina. His muscles are sore, and his knees weak.

Yet, the results are too surreal for him to ignore.

He looks at the bodies next to his feet and then his blade, which is pressing against Walson's neck. He can't help but think this is all an illusion.

Skadi told him that the closer an individual is to desperation, the more likely they would be able to use the wave leaping strike. After using it for the first time in an actual fight and witnessing its power firsthand, Lin Ye is left speechless.

At the same time, he is constantly reminded of the price for using the ability. His muscles are burning, as that unstoppable power exits his body.

Ten seconds...

After only ten seconds, Lin Ye is really at the end of the rope. If he wants to leave here alive with Swire, he needs to finish things up as soon as possible.

That's why he hasn't killed Walson yet.

Lin Ye turns his blade around and bashes Walson's head with the blunt side of his sword.

Walson screams in pain and falls to the ground.

Lin Ye steps on his back and shouts at the terrorists who have come back to save their employer, "If you want him to live, stay back!"

"Ahhhh!" Walson screams in pain again, "Bastard! I will kill you. I will kill you!"

"Tell them to step back, or I will kill you right now." Lin Ye presses his sword against Walson's neck, drawing some blood, "You're welcome to try."

"Ahhhh! Fuck you!" Walson shouts in defiance, but when Lin Ye presses the blade with more force, he turns pale immediately. He shouts at his thugs, "Step back! Step the fuck back! Can't you see I'm bleeding here?!"

Those terrorist pause. They are shocked to see the scale tipped so quickly. They exchange glances for a moment before slowly backing away.

Lin Ye breathes a sigh of relief. He knows Walson doesn't have it in him to sacrifice himself just to get them both killed. He's a coward. Otherwise, he wouldn't have compromised so readily.

Maybe Swire was right. He ain't shit.

While Lin Ye watches the terrorists cautiously, Swire is staring at him in a daze.

"How, how is that possible?" She mumbles, "Are you really a doctor?"

"..."

Walson is still shouting at Lin Ye, "I told them to step back already. Put your foot down!"

Lin Ye almost bursts out laughing.

"I promise you, if you let me go, I won't ask them to kill you!" Walson shouts, "I swear on my family's name!"

Swire purses her lips, "Your family is gone. Even if it isn't, you and your father are not trustworthy."

"Bitch!" Walson shouts, "You dare insult my father?!"

Lin Ye stabs the other sword in front of Walson's face, and Walson turns pale immediately.

"Fine. Whatever. I don't think he's trustworthy either." Walson changes his words immediately, "Since you killed my men, we are even now. How about that? If I die, you can't leave this place alive anyway."

Lin Ye shrugs, "Sure, but you have to escort us outside."

Swire leans against the wall and gets back on her feet with great difficulty. When she waits for Lin Ye to come to her with Walson, she sees that his hands are shaking.

How is that possible?

He killed two terrorists in an instant and captured Walson. How are his hands shaking already?

Perhaps...

Swire stares at Lin Ye's face and sees that his forehead is covered in sweat already. He's near his end.

Lin Ye feels his vision turning blurry. The reason he stabbed that sword in front of Walson was not to threaten that bastard. He was losing his grip, and that was the only way he could think of that would hide his weakness.

He bites his tongue and uses the pain to stay awake, but he can't completely stop his vision from darkening.

Unaware of Lin Ye's condition, Walson says, "Why would I bring you outside? If I leave the building, I'm done for."

Lin Ye presses his sword against Walson's neck, "Beggars can't be choosers."

"If I'm going to die outside, what's so different from dying here?" Walson clenches his teeth, "Then, I choose to die right now. You and that bitch will die along with me at least."

"Sure." Lin Ye drags his sword across Walson's throat slowly, "Then, die."

"S-s-s-stop!!!" Walson shouts, "Bastard, this is not how the game works!"

Walson gulps. Lin Ye is too crazy for him to handle. There's no way he would trade his life for Lin Ye's and Swire's deaths. He wants to go back and rebuild his family.

"Tell your men to leave," Lin Ye shouts.

"Alright. Alright. You win." Walson shouts at his thugs, "Step back! Step back!!!"

Those terrorists look at one another, but nobody moves.

Walson starts to panic, "Trash, I didn't hire you to watch me die! Step back! Step back!!!"

Something is off.

Finally, those terrorists start moving, but instead of stepping back, they are walking toward Lin Ye and Walson.

Walson screams in, "The fuck you are doing?!"

They don't care.

Lin Ye quickly drags Walson back on his feet and stands behind him. While Walson stares at his men in confusion, Lin Ye uses him as a meat shield.

But to Lin Ye's disappointment, those terrorists apparently don't care about their employer.

"Ahhhhh!"

As Walson's guts spill out, one of the terrorists says in a hoarse voice, "Mr. Walson, our contract is complete. It's time for you to go to hell."

In his last breath, Walson stares at him incredulously, "You. You Reunion. How dare-"

Before Walson can even finish his sentence, the same terrorist chops his head off, and the head bounces a few times on the floor before stopping in a dark corner.

Lin Ye steps back quickly as blood spills out of Walson's headless body. He grips his sword with whatever strength he has left in him, as those terrorists approach him.

Suddenly,

"LGD! On your knees now!"

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Demosama

Proofread by Demosama & PanzerComrade56

Edit by Jaqqy10