Ch 110: Remember To Be Gentle With Her

Twenty minutes later, Shining slowly wakes up from her slumber. The fact that she only slept for less than one hour despite the sleeping pills she took, says a lot about the Sarkaz race.

"Is it over?"

Shining rubs her head. A few seconds later, she asks Lin Ye again.

"Did you use it? Did it work?"

Lin Ye looks towards Nearl.

Nearl coughs to get Shining's attention, "Shining, did you have a dream?"

"Um," Shining says softly, "It wasn't a pleasant one."

"Really?" Nearl points at Lin Ye, "Did you see him?"

"That's also my question." Shining says, "Lin Ye, did you enter my dream? Why can't I remember?"

Lin Ye looks indifferent. "That's because you cut me down."

Shining pauses.

"I said you cut me down." Lin Ye says with a sigh. "I did enter your dream, but you killed me without saying a word."

Shining looks surprised. "How did that happen?"

"Are you asking me?" Lin Ye is speechless, "You took half an hour to fall asleep, and it took me another ten minutes to enter your dream, but in the end, you cut me down right away. What's there to talk about?... Wait, you don't remember anything? What kind of dream was that?"

Shining tries to remember what her dream was about, but nothing stands out. She shakes her head. "I don't think I saw you, but let's not talk about it..." She seems unwilling to go through her memory again. "I was killing people. That's all I did."

"Is that really your past?"

Shining nods. "Basically."

Lin Ye doesn't know what to say. What kind of bloody history is that? No wonder Shining doesn't want to remember her past. Unfortunately, like Nightingale, her past is forever imprinted in her mind, and it resurfaces in her dreams.

But the difference is, Shining is not trapped by her past.

"Should I try again?" Shining asks, "I'll be more mindful this time."

Lin Ye shakes his head. "You can't control your actions in your dream. If we try again, you probably won't remember the purpose of this experiment. I will just get killed again."

"Fine."

It's not really Shining's fault. Most of the time, people don't even know if they are dreaming, let alone if they're in their dreams. Lin Ye is no exception. He used to dream about his days in high school, studying for the college entrance exam when he was in college already.

Hibiscus brings a report to them.

"How was it?" Shining asks.

"Sister Shining, your health, and your mental state were very stable." Hibiscus skims the report and says, "Based on the data, nothing stood out."

Shining looks at Lin Ye. "Could it be that it ended too quickly?"

Lin Ye shakes his head. "I don't think so. Maybe it's unique to Liz. After all, her condition is very different from yours."

Right after Lin Ye says that Nightingale interjects. "My condition?"

Everyone looks behind Lin Ye and sees Nightingale in her pajamas.

"Liz, did you just wake up?" Shining stands up and walks up to her.

"Um." Nightingale nods and walks toward Lin Ye, "Pineapple Bun, are we going to have breakfast together?"

Before Lin Ye can nod, Hibiscus gives her a bag of pineapple buns, "Liz, your pineapple buns are ready."

Nightingale takes the bag from her. "Thanks, Hibiscus."

Lin Ye looks at Nightingale as she nibbles at her buns. Nightingale looks up and meets his eyes.

Lin Ye nods his head. "I'm good."

He turns to the others. "Let's continue our discussion. So far, my ability has only hurt Liz."

Hibiscus says, "So it really is Liz's problem, I guess?"

Nearl shakes her head. "It's too early to say that. We need more data."

"Ms. Nearl, are you going next?" Hibiscus asks.

Nearl hesitates for a moment, but eventually, she nods.

"Wait a minute, Nearl," Shining looks at her, "I think you should reconsider."

The radiant knight frowns. "Why?"

"Because you might dream about the sad parts of your past." Shining says softly, "That's what happened to Liz and me. Even that Madam Ch'en had a similar experience."

"So?" Nearl takes off her armor. "Shining, I'm not afraid of my past."

Lin Ye can't help but fixate his eyes on her body. Liz asks, "Pineapple Bun, what are you looking at?"

Lin Ye coughs and looks away. Nearl acts like nothing happened and says: "My armor offers protection for my body, not my heart. I admit I'm not as powerful as you are Shining, but I'm confident my mental strength won't lose to yours. Not to mention, what's there to be afraid of?"

Nearl lies down on the chair Shining was sleeping on and takes the sleeping pills from Hibiscus.

She looks at Lin Ye. "Dr. Lin, I might have to show you the embarrassing moments of my past, but...Nevermind."

She closes her eyes.

Shining sighs and pats Lin Ye's shoulder. "Nearl made up her mind, but Dr. Lin, remember to be gentle with her."

Lin Ye looks at her strangely.

Shining says, "She might look like this, but..."

"Shining!" Nearl shouts, "I'm not sleeping yet!"

{Rhodes Island's Pscyologist}

Draft by Demosama

Proofread by Mihjaqtio

Rewrite by Unreality6

Edit by Mihjaqtio