Ch 190: Want One?

In the end, Kal'tsit contacted Penguin Logistics to send some people to escort them back to Rhodes Island.

After everything that had happened today, Lin Ye would have been willing to walk all the way back, if he was still able to.

Lin Ye let out a weary sigh as he rubbed his forehead, as they awaited their ride home.

When an armored mini-van came into view, Lin Ye only faintly remembered that the driver was someone that Exusiai had asked him to take care of.

Ifrit was still unconscious, so in order to take care of her, Silence took Ifrit to the last row, which was the most spacious. The rest of the wounded filed in, sitting according to the severity of their injury.

As team leader of E3, Ace was seated in the passenger seat, while Lin Ye and Skadi, who had 'minor injuries', sat in the front row.

The sun had already begun to set, as they climbed into the vehicle. Lin Ye felt all the fatigue he had built up over the day hit him all at once, his body slowly shutting down piece by piece.

In the end, no matter how hard he tried, he fell asleep after only saying a few words to Skadi.

In his sleep, he wondered if the world hated him. Because he had died of his congenital heart disease in his previous life, he had worked hard to protect his now healthier body. Yet, even in his dreams, the memory of his previous life haunted him.

Since coming to this world, he'd been caught in several terrorist attacks, fought actual terrorists, and even been killed in dreams multiple times.

'Is this going to be my life now?'

Suddenly, a figure appeared.

'Shining?'

Shortly after realizing who it was, she pulled out her sword.

"Fu-!"

Lin Ye woke up from his dream with a start, looking around in a panic, before focusing on the two wolf ears peeking over the driver's seat.

'Guess we haven't arrived at Rhodes Island yet.', Lin Ye thought as he felt his heart hammer in his chest.

Recalling the dream just now, Lin Ye couldn't help placing a hand over his heart, musing that Shining was now his natural enemy in dreams.

To get the thought away he looks at Skadi sleeping peacefully beside him.

"Will it be inconvenient to keep such long hair?" Lin Ye muttered to himself, but Skadi didn't hear it. Although he was still a little tired, Lin Ye was not too sleepy anymore.

So, he observed the situation in the car and found that most of the E3 team are asleep, only two or three were still awake, and even the ACE in the co-pilot is gone to Lalaland.

It must be exhausted. After all, as the captain of the E3 team, ACE has done the best he can do today.

'How is Ifrit doing?'

Just as Lin Ye was wondering if he was going to see Ifrit's condition, a clear "click" sound came from the main driving seat.

He turned his head and found that the Penguin Logistics member who was driving is holding a piece of chocolate in her mouth.

It seemed that she had sensed something oh how her ears twitch.

Texas raises her head and stares at Lin Ye using the mirror.

"You are one that Exusiai told me about. "Texas said faintly.

"Oh, so you both are colleagues."